New name for the Minnesota Wild?

CubsFan4Life

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't there a lot of Native American tribes that have historically called Minnesota home?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The logo is the best in sports, the name is just fine and means something to us Minnesotans. Although the North Stars are still missed

Agreed. If only they'd use it, in its proper application, on all their uniforms. Grizzlies and Forester's I could get behind.

The logo is the best in sports, the name is just fine and means something to us Minnesotans. Although the North Stars are still missed

Agreed. If only they'd use it, in its proper application, on all their uniforms. Grizzlies and Forester's I could get behind.

Yes. Great logo but they keep marginalizing it.

As for the name, it's one of the worst names in big-time pro sports. Maybe the worst. Definitely the worst in the NHL. The logo (even used correctly) cannot make up for it. And even I don't think I want to change. They've had it for 15 years now and the idea of getting used to a new team name is strange. I guess the Washington NBA fans got used to it, as did the New Orleans fans. The Charlotte fans begged for it. So if it happened, then I'd get used to it. However, they did such a good job with the logo that it practically says "Wild." Foresters; why the bear head? Grizzlies; why he wilderness scene in a bear's head? So I'd argue a name change almost has to come with a logo change (i.e., identity overhaul).

The name is "Wild" and that's not going to change.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I would hardly say the name is "fine", it's at best incredibly awkward. How the heck can someone be a "Wild" like how you call a player a "Canadien" or "Red Wing" etc. I'm aware the Avalanche and Lightning use non-plural names and those suck too, but Wild is especially bad because it's less of a thing then an avalanche or a bolt of lightning.

Minnesota Thisthreadisgoingnowhere?

I don't see what's wrong with having a hypothetical discussion. I'm aware they won't bother changing now, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be. I don't care if they go on a Yankee-esque run and win 20-something Cups in the next 40 years, the name was atrocious when it was introduced and will remain so forever.

The funny thing is that I'd hardly care if it weren't for the fact that their logo might be my favorite in sports. I love it, yet I hate having to describe it as the "Minnesota Wild logo".

Archived