Unused or Old Uniforms Teams Should Wear

Baseballfan

And speaking of jerseys that need to return, bring back the 1992 California Angels jerseys

dave_winfield_1991_05_30.jpg

010511-Blyleven-02.jpg

Correct; that is the best that the team has ever looked. The team took their distinctive look, and adapted it to the button-down/belt format, just as the Royals, Astros, Tigers (road), Pirates, and Blue Jays did. Also, the Cardinals and Cubs sensibly returned from their insane forays into the pullovers/waistbands which so poorly suited their historic looks.

This is why the late 80s / early 90s are the high point for uniforms. The button-downs had returned; powder blue had gone (with the exception of the Royals, who should be the only team to wear that colour); there were almost no coloured jerseys; and players still knew how to wear their pants and stirrups.

As a side point:

(can't post a pic since I'm on my iPad).

What is this about? What do you mean that you cannot post pictures on your iPad? I don't have an iPad; I have a Samsung Galaxy phone. But I cannot imagine that getting the URL of an image is not possible on any device. You just go to Google Image Search and do a search. Then select one of the hits that come up. At that point, can you not do a long press on the image, and get a choice that says "copy URL" (or else "open in new window", where you can copy the URL as it appears in the address window)? Then paste the URL between the %7Boption%7D tags here on the board. I would be shocked if that were not possible using the iPad.

The only limitation that I find when I use this board on my phone is that the mobile interface doesn't seem to show any way to reply/quote a post.

On the native browser you don't get rich-text editing options, so there's no shortcut to paste the url between the tags. You have to type the img tags manually which is a big PITA. For some reason some third-party browsers allow you to use the rich text options, but Safari and at least a couple others don't.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are two that the Giants should bring back, to get some consistency back in the uniform set:

pMLB2-1826598dt.jpgMarco+Scutaro+Los+Angeles+Dodgers+v+San+

As for unused uniforms, it would be nice if this one saw the light of day as a one-off:

image_zpsb6064190.jpg

Much like the White Sox, the Giants just need to entirely go back to what they wore in 2010. You know what? Let's throw the Braves in there, take a step back and say these teams should look how they did in 2004. It's sad to see teams chip away at great uniforms by making ill-advised changes and adding crappy alternates.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Even if you ignore that the Braves wear the navy jerseys for something like 75% of their road games, they messed up the road set by going with the solid navy cap for all games. Also, they only wear their actual primary home uniform Monday through Thursday, I believe. They only look like the dynasty Braves for about 25% of their games.

But more to the details, the Braves uniforms were so much better with vertical arch names on back. They just don't look right without them.

tom-glavine.jpgGREG-MADDUX-31-Atlanta-Braves-1995-WorldpMLB2-19792738dt.jpgmedium_3620697557.jpg

Just not the same. Not only does it not look how the Braves should look, but for some reason the font they currently use seems shorter and more squat than other teams. Maybe it's just because I'm still used to the old way, but it doesn't look right for the Braves.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Here are two that the Giants should bring back, to get some consistency back in the uniform set:

pMLB2-1826598dt.jpgMarco+Scutaro+Los+Angeles+Dodgers+v+San+

I don't like those orange jerseys at all -- of course, I don't like any coloured jerseys outside of those of the 70s A's and the late-70s White Sox.

But a good way for the Giants to emphasise the orange a bit more is to bring back the jerseys that reversed the orange and black on the lettering:

1976-sspc-97-john-montefusco.jpg

1974_topps_30_bobby_bonds.jpg

1974_topps_330_juan_marichal.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived