Unused or Old Uniforms Teams Should Wear

Baseballfan

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both of those look pretty cool. I admit I like the second one a bit better, but I don't understand why a team called the "Blues" should need yellow.

Or red...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The Minnesota Vikings should wear a gold jersey, like this one.

vikingsalt.png

NFL 2k5 had an alternate gold jersey for the Vikings, but they also had an alternate jersey for every team. So there were a few other teams that had ALTs in that game that never actually existed.

vikingsalt.png

NFL 2k5 had an alternate gold jersey for the Vikings, but they also had an alternate jersey for every team. So there were a few other teams that had ALTs in that game that never actually existed.

that actually doesn't look half bad

vikingsalt.png

that actually doesn't look half bad

It doesn't look half good either.

I think if the Vikings eventually get a 3rd jersey and it's not the 70s throwback it's more likely to be BFBS* than yellow/gold.

*Although technically I think black is an official team color since it's used for facemask and the outlines in the logo.

I think if the Vikings eventually get a 3rd jersey and it's not the 70s throwback it's more likely to be BFBS* than yellow/gold.

*Although technically I think black is an official team color since it's used for facemask and the outlines in the logo.

Please god no!

They don't wear the blue jersey orange pants combo because they loose in that combo. They believe it's unlucky

Same reason LSU wears white at home. The purple jersey has been a rare sight in Tiger Stadium since 1995, it's only used for selected non-conference games and I will say that it seems the play on the field suffers when purple is worn. Plus it looks terrible.

The Georgia black and Ole Miss grey football jerseys were both extremely good looks and actually made sense for the schools, because they weren't BFBS or GFGS. I hope we see a return to those uniforms soon, even if only once a year. I also hope the U.S. National women and men's soccer teams return to the hoops with navy shorts for their primary look. It was internationally unique and could have become a classic kit

I've always wanted to have Ole Miss wear gray whenever they play LSU in Oxford, forcing the visitors to use their seldom-worn purple jerseys.

Be careful what you wish for, you may end up with an LSU vs. Vanderbilt '96 situation where instead of allowing LSU to wear white, Vandy made LSU wear "dark" jerseys at home, so they wore special gold jerseys instead just to avoid the stigma that the purple jerseys came to symbolize. Yeah those damned jerseys are cursed and the LSU faithful take that seriously.

vikingsalt.png

i found a photo of it

vikes7.jpg

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Nope. That uniform was a perfect example of bad 90's design. They hit all the marks... darken the main color for a tougher look? Check! Add unnecessary black trim? Check! Huge F'n drop shadows? Check! Repeat the helmet logo on the sleeve (like we some how missed it the first time)? Check! Hey, for total logo overkill, throw it on the hip, too!! Check, check, check! Lazy crap. And to twist the knife, the mismatch stripes between helmet and pants.

I agree with every complaint you've listed here except for the addition of black.

But I still think these are the best uniforms the 49ers have ever had, by a good margin.

Brighten the red, drop the unnecessary shadows and sleeve/pants logos, make the helmet stripe consistent with the pants, and baby you got a stew, err... a great uniform.

0ap2000000205884_gallery_600.jpg?01AD=3s

This is the best the 49ers have ever looked. Their current look is horrendous.

I completely agree.. If they eliminated the gold from the pants stripe so it matched the helmets, it would've been perfect.. This is far and away the best the 49ers have ever looked.. If they wanted to rebrand back to the brighter red, they could've done so with this same template and looked much better than they do now

Edit: also would've removed the logo from the sleeve stripes, but the stripes with the logo are still superior to the stripe fragments of the current set

Archived