Unused or Old Uniforms Teams Should Wear

Baseballfan

IMO these, while not bad at all, they should not be the Rams uniforms when the blue and golds exist.

This says it all:

1240d1287894000-rams-uniforms-pic.jpg

Apparently not. All I see is two good looking uniforms.

I'm not big on the blue and white Rams. I think they should wear blue and yellow, as that is a great, underused color scheme, it was used for a large portion of their history and it's what they went to their first two Super Bowls in. Regardless, the fact that they haven't worn a blue and white set in over 40 years, combined with the fact that the Colts are a storied franchise which has continuously worn blue and white (ignoring the '80s gray) should preclude them from going to that color scheme at this point.

Even ignoring my belief that the Rams in blue and yellow is one of the best football uniforms ever, I think the Colts have well established themselves as owning blue and white.

Hear, hear!

The pant stripes make zero sense and does not match anything on the rest of the uniform.

It's been said many times on here, but...

BwIkU32CUAAnme4.jpg

Although I would make the Marlin orange on blue instead of blue on orange.

That is gorgeous!! Combine this jersey with their orange hat, white pants and orange stir-ups and baby, you've got a stew going!

tumblr_l64bmnVDjq1qclu00o1_400.jpg

I think I just blue myself.

I shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will, so now I'm afraid I've got something of a mess on my hands...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the 87 Twins uniforms with the "M" cap. Yes, they look Seinfeld and not retro in a modern way.

I'm sure there's a really good joke to be made here but I can't get the bat off my shoulder. I got nothing.

I think that the Buccaneers should go back to their old jerseys. They look more respectful than their new ones.

I evenly like the orange cream jerseys. I think the Jaguars also need to go back to the plain teal greens. They also look more respectful. Is it me or do the new Seattle Seahawks look like packs of winter-fresh gum?

More respectful of what exactly?

I unevenly like the orange and cream jerseys. Some days I think they're great, other days I think they're just OK.

Respectful as in something people see every Sunday. The new jerseys looked like something that was made for a local indoor team.

Yes. That is what I mean.

A very sunny day at Rich Stadium Orchard Park-NY when the Colts came to the Buffalo area in their never before seen blue pants with the most perfect white socks, and black cleats to accent the set.

Best road uniform set in Colts history IMO.

17 - September -1995

colts_bluepants1995.jpg

Yes, they look Seinfeld and not retro in a modern way.

I think that the Buccaneers should go back to their old jerseys. They look more respectful than their new ones. I evenly like the orange cream jerseys. I think the Jaguars also need to go back to the plain teal greens. They also look more respectful. Is it me or do the new Seattle Seahawks look like packs of winter-fresh gum?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A very sunny day at Rich Stadium Orchard Park-NY when the Colts came to the Buffalo area in their never before seen blue pants with the most perfect white socks, and black cleats to accent the set.

17 - September -1995

colts_bluepants1995.jpg

Yes, yes, and yes. Funny how Harbaugh, Luck, and Peyton all tie each others' careers together in a crazy way. But besides that, these blue pants rock and should be introduced to the public again.

I'm really slipping. I pimp these Rams uniforms every chance I get. Can't believe it took me 6 pages to get here. This uniform should have been my first post in this thread...

4054d1376457391-rams-pondering-uniform-c

Could possibly be an alternate if/when they return to LA. And those are LOS ANGELES Rams, not St. Louis.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

I'm really slipping. I pimp these Rams uniforms every chance I get. Can't believe it took me 6 pages to get here. This uniform should have been my first post in this thread...

4054d1376457391-rams-pondering-uniform-c

IMO these, while not bad at all, they should not be the Rams uniforms when the blue and golds exist.

This says it all:

1240d1287894000-rams-uniforms-pic.jpg

Yeah, I think most people are smart enough to tell the difference between the Colts and the Rams.

5 year old me could tell the difference when both uniforms were actually in use.

Man, I'm old . . .

17 - September -1995

colts_bluepants1995.jpg

Please, please, please . . . no. Those things look horrible.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I know this one doesn't fit the current era, but I loved that the focus of the uni was "Sabres"

Buffalo-Sabres-Red-Alternate-Jersey-2000

I'd absolutely love to see the Sabres don the old Buffalo hockey Bisons 1969/1970 home uniform as the alternate uniform set.

Surely if Pegula wanted to do that he should be able to make a deal with the Western NY Pepsi bottling company who owned the AHL club and I assume still own the logo.

bisonsjersey2.jpg

17 - September -1995

colts_bluepants1995.jpg

They actually had worn them against the Bengals in Week 1:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/jim-harbaugh-of-the-indianapolis-colts-looks-to-pass-the-news-photo/97822665

And the Jets in Week 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n-gz_5ad5lU#t=157

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

17 - September -1995

colts_bluepants1995.jpg

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/jim-harbaugh-of-the-indianapolis-colts-looks-to-pass-the-news-photo/97822665

And the Jets in Week 2:

. . . and they looked terrible all three times. :P

Maybe it's because they just don't look like the Colts in blue pants. The grey pants in the 80s worked because they weren't such a drastic departure from the traditional look. These, on the other hand, beat you over the head with the difference because the blue pants are so garish.

Perhaps this is just my general bias against dark pants (i.e., darker than silver, Vegas gold or athletic gold). Either way, these just don't work for me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

17 - September -1995

colts_bluepants1995.jpg

And the Jets in Week 2:

. . . and they looked terrible all three times. :P

Maybe it's because they just don't look like the Colts in blue pants. The grey pants in the 80s worked because they weren't such a drastic departure from the traditional look. These, on the other hand, beat you over the head with the difference because the blue pants are so garish.

Perhaps this is just my general bias against dark pants (i.e., darker than silver, Vegas gold or athletic gold). Either way, these just don't work for me.

I think they looked superb, and apparently so did everyone else who commented on them other than yourself. You obviously just don't like colored pants.

It's a great look for the Colts, I was at the Bills game that day and I would love it the Colts brought 'em back.

I think they looked superb, and apparently so did everyone else who commented on them other than yourself. You obviously just don't like colored pants.

I don't like them. White on white is an infinitely cleaner look. This feels bottom-heavy and gimmicky.

I do not like them either. While we're here, I don't like the blue facemask.

Archived