Baseballfan

Unused or Old Uniforms Teams Should Wear

I think that the Dallas Stars need to go back to their classic jerseys

34643a_lg.jpeg

Those aren't their "classic" jerseys.

I know the Pink Taco is a pretty modern stadium, and being in Phoenix frees them of any fealty to their crappy history, but we've gotta be ready for the Cardinals to look like the Cardinals again, right?

jose-ramirez-carlos-santana-a1a72d3fbbbags-wars-san-francisco-alternate-675x380.

533405137_7d19448365_o.jpg

Boston.jpg

30t7904.jpg

5594415588_f650aa7835_o.png

washington-nationals-road-uniform-primar

51RJpSqIxoL._SX355_.jpg

BpQwW.jpg

Sabres old look, sans-piping please!

martin-robert-perreault.jpg

That needs to come back immediately. So much better than the current junk...

On another note, its a shame the Avalanche ruined their uniforms further instead of bringing these back...

U3TgPWx.jpg8TbJ492.jpg

Sabres old look, sans-piping please!

martin-robert-perreault.jpg

I don't think at this point, they can bring it back, they need to remove silver off the new jersey, also, bring the original sleeve look back!

Of course they can bring it back. What's stopping them?

Removing the piping from Buffalo's current sweaters would be a step in the right direction. Problem is they've been taking small steps in the right direction since 2006 and they're still not where they need to be.

Fans wanted the blue and gold back. So they brought the scheme back...along with the awful Buffaslug uniforms and logo.

That bombed, so they started using the classic blue and gold sweater as an alternate- with stupid front numbers.

Problem was that was royal blue, and the Buffaslug primaries used navy. So rather then adopt the popular royal blue retro alternate that everyone wanted in the first place? They "modernized" it by making it navy, adding silver outlines to everything, and adding pointless piping to nowhere.

Fans sort of preferred it because it at least used the right logo. So the team adopts it as the primary look, again missing the point that all fans want is the traditional royal and gold look back.

What they have is kinda-sorta close enough but it still falls short. Simply removing the piping would be more of the same. The team just has to rip the band-aid off and return to the classic royal and gold full-time. It's time the Sabres looked like the Sabres again.

0ap2000000205884_gallery_600.jpg?01AD=3s

This is the best the 49ers have ever looked. Their current look is horrendous.

7a54b-22-jump-street-featurette-captain-

You can add all the funny pics you want, but that era in 49ers uniform history is flawless. That was a perfect example of how to modernize an old look. The black color addition goes perfectly with the dark red. The red facemask is light years better than the horrible grey facemasks. The "SF" intertwined into the sleeve stripes looks great. Even the gold trim around the numbers and finished with the black shadow is flawless. It was a tragedy when they got rid of these.

Nope. That uniform was a perfect example of bad 90's design. They hit all the marks... darken the main color for a tougher look? Check! Add unnecessary black trim? Check! Huge F'n drop shadows? Check! Repeat the helmet logo on the sleeve (like we some how missed it the first time)? Check! Hey, for total logo overkill, throw it on the hip, too!! Check, check, check! Lazy crap. And to twist the knife, the mismatch stripes between helmet and pants.

Worst of all, the went with this generic 90's nightmare in place of an absolute classic uniform that they won numerous titles in. Fail on all levels.

The current uniform has just one problem... the sleeve stripe misstep. Other than that, it near perfect.

Thank you, y'all this man is wise

I won't go on about the Creamsicles being awful and my least favorite of Tampa Bay's uniforms so we'll just move straight on to unused/olds. I'll second the gold/blue era of the LA Rams.

Now that they've got one of the most boring looks in the NBA thanks to TBFTBS

giannis-antetokounmpo-nba-milwaukee-buck

For either Houston or Tennessee

d882766b7046eedf6e5b42446022e191.jpg

2012-indiana-pacers-throwback.jpg

A very sunny day at Rich Stadium Orchard Park-NY when the Colts came to the Buffalo area in their never before seen blue pants with the most perfect white socks, and black cleats to accent the set.

Best road uniform set in Colts history IMO.

17 - September -1995

colts_bluepants1995.jpg

I knew I had seen that uniform before.. people always tried to tell me I was 100% insane. BTW I agree, they should do those again.

I wish the Yankees would bring the one-arm stripe back.

54d1ab4c879c1_-_esq-01-yankees-best-spor

Not sure how many people here will agree since you guys love your symmetry.

That stripe (actually a band) is in memoriam for someone who passed away...

And speaking of jerseys that need to return, bring back the 1992 California Angels jerseys (can't post a pic since I'm on my iPad).

That's a memorial arm band for someone who died, not a fixed uniform element...

And speaking of jerseys that need to return, bring back the 1992 California Angels jerseys

dave_winfield_1991_05_30.jpg

010511-Blyleven-02.jpg

Correct; that is the best that the team has ever looked. The team took their distinctive look, and adapted it to the button-down/belt format, just as the Royals, Astros, Tigers (road), Pirates, and Blue Jays did. Also, the Cardinals and Cubs sensibly returned from their insane forays into the pullovers/waistbands which so poorly suited their historic looks.

This is why the late 80s / early 90s are the high point for uniforms. The button-downs had returned; powder blue had gone (with the exception of the Royals, who should be the only team to wear that colour); there were almost no coloured jerseys; and players still knew how to wear their pants and stirrups.

As a side point:

(can't post a pic since I'm on my iPad).

What is this about? What do you mean that you cannot post pictures on your iPad? I don't have an iPad; I have a Samsung Galaxy phone. But I cannot imagine that getting the URL of an image is not possible on any device. You just go to Google Image Search and do a search. Then select one of the hits that come up. At that point, can you not do a long press on the image, and get a choice that says "copy URL" (or else "open in new window", where you can copy the URL as it appears in the address window)? Then paste the URL between the %7Boption%7D tags here on the board. I would be shocked if that were not possible using the iPad.

The only limitation that I find when I use this board on my phone is that the mobile interface doesn't seem to show any way to reply/quote a post.

And speaking of jerseys that need to return, bring back the 1992 California Angels jerseys

010511-Blyleven-02.jpg

Those are gorgeous but I find their 93-96 sets and their 02-04 sets superior.

010511-Blyleven-02.jpg

I miss the Angels in red & blue. I even think the old pullover versions look better than what they wear today.