2015 IFAF World Championships

MJWalker45

You know, I'm proud as :censored: of Brazil be participating in the world championship. I know the work it takes for these guys, paying for everything out of pocket. My city has the fifth-time Regional Champion, João Pessoa Espectros (Spectra), with players in the national team. They lost to 31-6, but it was only for lack of experience. The team played very well for a rookie, and well kept the ball in front of most experienced french. I dare say that if not for the first quarter, we could have lost by a less elastic difference.

Now as trivia, some images of Brasil Onças (Jaguars) jerseys, made by local company Traktor. I really don't like yellow home, blue and white would look better:

8Vx7hlz.jpg
DY9iSYo.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2015 International Federation of American Football Senior Championships kicked off in Canton, Ohio last night. The teams are the United States, Mexico, Japan, Australia, South Korea, Brazil and France. So far none of the teams have worn any of the big three manufacturers. Here's some uniform highlights I noticed. I'll add pictures when I can.

France: They've kept the same uniform they've had for years. blue jerseys, pants and helmets. Simple athletic block F on the helmet and the French Football Association logo on the sleeves. No manufacturers logo.

Australia: Previously wore Under Armour. They are wearing a cut similar to TCU with gold jerseys and green sleeves/armpits. Manufacturer Riddell. Players names in yellow on back, I only noticed it when look at photos after watching the game on my tablet.

Brazil. Blue helmets with a glossy look to them. Apparently some players didn't turn their helmets in on time t get painted because a couple are wearing navy blue or black. Plain white shirt with blue/green trim on the cuffs and neck. Green numbers with blue trim and Brasil on the front. Players name is on the back.

USA: All navy look. Oregon State style numbers. Navy blue with star patterns with red and white trim. There is red trim on the pants sleeves and inseams on the front of the jersey. US flag at the neck. Made by Riddell.

Korea: All white. K on the helmet, Korea on the back of the nameplate of the jerseys.

Mexico: They've taken the previous helmet logo and added some trim and feathers to it. Now the logos touch in the back of the helmet. The jerseys have an Aztec print running up the sides of the back of the jersey and two Aztec warriors at the front of the shirt. White jerseys with green block numbers trimmed in red.

Gameday 1

USA 30-6 Mexico

France 31-6 Brazil

Australia 48-6 Korea

Australia most recently wore k-noah uniforms (although they did wear ua at the last world cup) all their off field gear is under armour also.

neither Australia or usa are made by riddell. both by siege sports

here is a video of the unveiling to the australian team

and heres some random photos of the austrlian team/gear

11695004_10153038441867219_1659411159778

Good catch on the manufacturer. I saw the jock tag and assumed Riddell was changing things up because it's somewhat similar. USA needs to change numbers on the blue jerseys to white. Fortunately they don't have white numbers on the aways.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Now, I feel I'm missing something. Why Korea lost 2 games (Australia and Brazil), and will play for the 5th place? Since Canada gave Japan a bye, Canada should also give a bye on Mexico, then the 5th place game would be Mexico - Brazil, with South Korea in last position.

Ok, so Canada didn't send a team? Explains why there are 7 teams.

Japan is wearing Under Armour. Their primary is the gradient fade jerseys Texas Tech used with sleeves similar to UNC's shirts from last year. There's pattern in the black that i can't make out. Black fades to red and then red pants. White helmets with Japan written on each side. Red/silver/red striping.

Looking up Siege Sports, I see they use a cut similar to Nike's Elite 51 template. Most all of their clients have been high schools, save a throwback for UM-Kansas City. I'm glad USA showed more restraint than the high school teams have.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Anyone know where I can buy one of those Australia jerseys online?

They're fantastic.

Don't think you can and don't thunk you will be able to. The only time I've seen someone who didn't play with one is my mum who has my brothers from the last world cup

All national teams fall under IFAF, similar to FIFA for soccer. Someone in the other forums mentioned the European Championships are immediately after this. That one is for the club football teams though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Swap the green and black on the Mexico jersey, and that's just the right amount of crazy. Those helmets are amazing.

Quick edit: I'm guessing that pant leg also belongs to a Mexico player. That's what I envision the jersey to be, but I wouldn't want mono; maybe a white or black version of the pants instead?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived