2015 IFAF World Championships

MJWalker45

The US currently leads France 54-0... at halftime.

I could only imagine what would happen if the US actually sent the top college players instead of this team where I only know maybe 3-4 of the players.
This is the senior championship so college kids aren't allowed. Even if they were, it'd be Division II & III players at best. Most big schools probably wouldn't sign off on this.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could only imagine what would happen if the US actually sent the top college players instead of this team where I only know maybe 3-4 of the players.
This is the senior championship so college kids aren't allowed. Even if they were, it'd be Division II & III players at best. Most big schools probably wouldn't sign off on this.

The tournament age limit is 20 and up so the top college kids who've just finished their college careers could easily play in it. Problem is many of those would likely be getting ready for NFL fall camp, which is why USA Football uses a bunch of fringe players looking for their pro football shot.

This game ended up at 82-0. In the world's defense, the other two games the USA played were closer (30-6 vs. MEX and 43-18 vs. JAP). However, if the USA did use better players, it'd get even uglier.

These games are probably closer to "intramurals, brother." (Dan Hawkins coaches this team.)

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my...

In a way, if the USA doesn't win this, we should all be surprised....it's like the difference between travel teams and pop warner.....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Archived