Redesign Your Logo

raysox

I just saw this on tumblr the other day, but I can't stop thinking about it. So when Pepsi released their bat :censored: insane pdf of reasoning behind the new "smile" Pepsi logo in 2010, a guy in a band called Lemon Demon made a song basically using terms from the pdf. I recommend opening the pdf while listening to the song.

tumblr_luxcf776n51qzhgsc.png

tumblr_m0ukp0k8ZG1qci4uk.png

Redesign Your Logo - Lemon Demon

Pepsi PDF

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4856810/pepsi_gravitational_field.pdf

Hadn't seen this before, but remember reading on CA and other trade publications around the time it was rolled out about the sheer lunacy of Pepsi's rebrand. Worse is they aren't fully committed to it, as they retained their familiar wave in the stroke of the 'e'.

Someone laughed all the way to the bank with this one.

i think that proposal has become more famous than Pepsi at this point. well, at least amongst marketers and designers.

talk about "too many ideas in one place". i challenge anyone to find more BS in a single proposal than this legendary PDF. not even Nike can rival the drivel. but i always felt that Arnell Group felt imense pressure to sell Pepsi stakeholders on their design; how could you not? this single project has career and life changing implications riding on it - there's a ton of money on the line here. i think they just had to throw everything they could into it in order to feel they were successful and show Pepsi how much they understood the brand. ironically, it's become a presentation in what not to do. it's absolute nonsense; integretity and honesty go a long way in the creation of ideas.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This is the problem with the new designers on these boards. They think they can just waltz in here and make concepts without even considering the Pepsi Ratio and Pepsi Energy Fields! Get it together, guys!

(I'm also a big fan of the Pepsi orgasm faces).

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

This is a joke, right?

What Pepsi executive looked at the line "gravitational pull of Pepsi," and was like... "Makes sense to me! Let's do this!"

It's never just one executive, it's a committee. Meetings: none of us is as dumb as all of us.

"Creation of Identity: Dynamic Forces" - This audio lecture was taped in the living room of four college stoners...

But honestly, this sentence "Emotive forces shape the gestalt of the brand identity." is just pure gold.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived