Turkey day throwbacks

Midway

Something I've always wanted to see in college football is really, really old school uniforms come back to life. Perhaps not direct representations but fauxbacks that harken back to the origins of certain college programs, which I think would make for a pretty cool visual spectacle. I dug up an old template someone here once shared to the community and started tweaking it to have a more modern fit, while still retaining all the simplicity. In all, the helmets were the trickiest part but I settled for a simple design that emulated the original leather style to better complement the uniforms and give it a sense of realism. Of course, this whole thing is completely hypothetical, but I'd like to show what I was able to come up with for my school and that certain rival down south.

UTvTTUSet_zpsovlnjvr5.png

And well, what are some uniforms without putting them into action?

UTvTTUA_zpsscx4cdml.png

Again, although both sets are based on real uniforms from the past, I did take some liberties here and there to what I felt looked best for each program. I hope to get around to making more of these.

Feel free to comment!

Midway.png

Really cool concept! I agree that it would be nice to see more throwbacks in college football. The only true throwback matchup I can think of was Notre Dame - Michigan in 2011.

Both teams here look really good, though I'm confused why you used the old style uniform cut. I'd like to see the classic designs brought to modern jersey cuts.

These look awesome, and it's an even better idea! This could be expanded to include so many great matchups like the Iron Bowl, Florida v FSU, Georgia v GTech, Cowboys v Redskins (or Bears, Lions, Eagles etc.), Army v Navy, Michigan v OSU, Civil War, Egg Bowl, Palmetto, LSU v A&M, Bedlam, the list goes on and on. I would include facemasks though

These look awesome, and it's an even better idea! This could be expanded to include so many great matchups like the Iron Bowl, Florida v FSU, Georgia v GTech, Cowboys v Redskins (or Bears, Lions, Eagles etc.), Army v Navy, Michigan v OSU, Civil War, Egg Bowl, Palmetto, LSU v A&M, Bedlam, the list goes on and on. I would include facemasks though

You're right it does don't ya dare forget the Territorial cup man!

I left the facemasks out on purpose. I figured it would help with safety issues since players would be less inclined to lead with the helmet and make for an interesting, perhaps more rugby, style of play.

I do plan to extend this to more rivalries.

Midway.png

I left the facemasks out on purpose. I figured it would help with safety issues since players would be less inclined to lead with the helmet and make for an interesting, perhaps more rugby, style of play.

I do plan to extend this to more rivalries.

Wat

Helmets without masks are for Europeans come on man

(I'm kidding the concept is good regardless)

Oh ok, well in that case I see where you're coming from. Excited for this series! I'll admit I had to look up what the territorial cup was but yes that's a great matchup along with USC v UCLA, and Washington v WSU and many others

This is great. One good one would be Alabama vs. Auburn because both schools have great histories and an incredible rivalry.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived