MLB Logo Recoloration

Baseballfan

Hey guys, I am doing a logo re-coloration for every MLB team. I chose 1 current logo for each team and I recolored it. Some of them are more drastic changes than others. I am going division by division and here is the AL West to start out with. Tell me what you guys think!

szeuwx.jpg

2rhu4wn.png5zip.png28meq29.gif

The Angels look good in blue. I assume you're going to give them a blue uniform set? The A's one looks surprisingly nice with black, as well.

For consistency's sake I feel like you should add that seafoam green outline to the inner circle of the Mariners logo.

The Rangers logo looks too much like the Chicago flag with the powder blue. And although I assume you're trying to channel the tequila sunrise, all the different warm colors in the Astros logo are just kind of a mess.

The only one I enjoy is the Astros, because using that logo gives them an opportunity to wear the amazing "Rainbow Gut" uniforms.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I like the Mariners update but everything else I'm not a fan of.

It has always driven me nuts that the lower blue blob on the Texas flag shouldn't be blue. The blob is the back of the flag, which is the same color as the front of the flag.

I cannot unsee this now and I live in the Metroplex, I see this logo all the time and this is going to bug me every time now.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Alright, thanks for all of the feedback guys. Based off of some of your suggestions, I made some changes to the AL West.

I kept the Mariners, Angels, and A's the same. I thought the Mariners and A's were good as they were and I couldn't think of anything else to do for the Angels.

For the Rangers I used a new logo because as was pointed out, changing the other logo is like changing the Texas flag. I still wanted to incorporate light blue so I put that in.

For the Astros, the other logo did look kind of messy so I changed it. I still wanted to stick with the tequila sunrise though so I found a different way to put it in. I realize that the star is not in the Astros' logo but I don't think it would have looked as good with it.

Leave some more feedback and keep following this as I will post the re-colorations for every division soon!

1zyal3p.jpg

I don't see much change with Wahoo. Looks like you just thickened the outline a bit. If you want to attempt to improve him try a different skin color.

The Royals one looks very poor.

I do like the Sox logo with Chicago flag colors, though.

Is there any rhyme or reason to why you recolored them the way you did? The White Sox I understand, but the rest? For me at least, an explanation of the changes might help.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Downgrades across the board in the AL Central and the new Rangers look is poor as well. Not too many logos can be fixed just by changing the colors slightly. If there's something wrong it's wrong with the design more often than not.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Alright thanks for the C & C. I'm not necessarily saying that the recolored logos are better than the original ones, it is just an experiment to see how they look with different coloring. So here is the update to the AL Central and the AL East will be coming soon.

2qdwtp2.jpg

Minnesota: I just reversed the colors. I think the blue and red are good and there wasn't much else to do

Chicago: I went to their retro colors which represents the state flag

Cleveland: I could not think of anything to do for Chief Wahoo (it would have been tough to find a different skin color) so I used a wordmark. I like the use of the navy with a grey outline

Detroit: I thought they need a blue logo and I added the orange outline to make it pop

Kansas City: I really like their powder blue so I tried to incorporate it

The AL East has arrived:

33c2mmb.jpg

Orioles: The grey inside with the orange outline kind of made it glow

Red Sox: I think the white with blue combo is good

Yankees: It was tough so I made it look like their road wordmark

Rays: I stuck to their double blue color scheme and having the powder blue outline makes it glow

Blue Jays: I really like the light blue that they used to use and the grey goes well with it

I realize these are far from perfect and there is a ton of room for improvement

Archived