Stance and the NBA (Celtics posted 7/31 - C&C appreciated)

upperV03

I am very excited to share this project with you, as I have been wanting to do it ever since the deal between Stance and the NBA was announced a few months ago. I will be creating two pairs of socks for (hopefully) each team in the NBA, and I am basing my template off of the mock-ups that were released which showcased socks for teams such as Golden State and the Cavs. I decided to do my hometown Portland Trail Blazers first, and I created both a black and red pair. The black pair features the famous striping pattern from the jerseys, while the red pair makes use of the collar and arm trim from the red alternate jersey. The red pair also features the popular rip city logo on the back, and both pairs feature the NBA logo, as well as the Stance logo. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this project, and C&C is appreciated.

hMxuWzP.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping somebody would do a concept like this, and this is a good start.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

^ Shadojoker, I am expecting each team will still be using the traditional white and black NBA socks in addition to the exclusive team designs, so I decided to make a red and black pair rather than including white. I will only be making 2 pairs per team, and most of the teams' designs will be based off of the teams' away and alternate designs. And also, Conrad, I will consider taking your suggestion but to this point I haven't been able to find graphics of the uniforms that are of good enough quality and/or color.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I have decided to do these by division, so continuing with the Northwest Division, I have the Thunder. There is a white pair, which would be paired with the home uniform, and a navy pair, which would be paired with the road uniform and a potential orange alternate uniform. The white pair features the striping from the sides of the home uniform, and the navy pair features blue/yellow/orange striping on the top, with the logo on the back. I was able to find high quality graphics of the Thunder's uniforms, so I included them as Conrad suggested. Anyways, C&C is welcomed.

pmnIKgV.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^^ To answer your question, no, not all teams will follow that pattern. A lot of the teams that have a prominent striping pattern will follow a similar pattern, but the teams that do not have prominent striping will be a little different.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Next up I have the Utah Jazz, who finished third in the NW Division this last season. I tried to incorporate the jersey striping in a little different fashion for them, and I feel as if I succeeded in doing that for the first pair. The first pair can be paired with either the home or road uniform, as they start white at the top of the sock with thin green and yellow stripes. Below the green and yellow stripes the sock is navy blue, once again mimicking the striping from the home white uniform. The second pair, which would be paired with the alternate uniform, features a green base and the striping pattern from the jersey. Both socks feature thin blue bands at the top of the socks. Anyways, I really appreciate all the C&C that you guys have given, and feel free to give more.

htv7EKu.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I would say you did, but it may get old doing every sock with a thick stripe pattern in that spot. I would change that with some teams. Not bad otherwise.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Well there are a number of teams in the NBA that do not have a prominent striping pattern, so with those teams the designs will be much different. I agree so far I have utilized a lot of striping, but that is because the teams I have done all have a striping pattern that is consistent within their uniform sets. Teams like Minnesota, Houston, LAC, Atlanta, Pheonix, etc. all will have designs that will be more outside the box.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Next up I have the Denver Nuggets, and I decided to make a white pair and a yellow pair. The white pair could be worn with either the home or road uniforms, but they have a white base with the striping from the side of the home uniforms, including the tapering of the stripes to the back of the socks. The top of the socks feature the trim from the collar of the white uniform. The yellow pair would be worn with the alternate yellow jersey, as the socks feature the barber-pole striping from the top of the sock to the middle. Once again, I am very appreciative of any C&C, and next up I will have the Timberwolves.

SFtynoH.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

To finish off the Northwest Division I have the Minnesota Timberwolves. These were a little harder to do as the Wolves don't incorporate stripes into their uniforms, but instead I decided to incorporate the designs from below the arms of the team's primary uniforms. Both pairs could be worn with the home or road uniform, as well as the sleeved black alternate. The black and blue pair is essentially the design from the sides of the home white uniform, while the black and white pair is the design from the sides of the road uniform. So far this is the most outside the box design that I have done for these, and hopefully you all like them. C&C is welcomed and appreciated.

nyzDjCf.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived