Stance and the NBA (Celtics posted 7/31 - C&C appreciated)

upperV03

You nailed the Wolves socks!! Nuggets were ok. Now as for Minnesota, they are your best work because you incorporated the silver/grey trees in the socks so well.

If you found a way to incorporate mountains in the socks it would work unless it would be too busy.

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up I have the Pacific Division, starting of course with the NBA champion Golden State Warriors. I made a white pair and a yellow pair for the Dubs. The white pair features the yellow striping from the side of the uniform, surrounded by thick blue stripes with thin yellow horizontal pinstripes, mimicking the bridge detailing on the shorts. The white pair could be paired with either the home or road jersey (and even the slate alternate), but would mainly be worn with the home set. The yellow pair features the striping from the jerseys in white, as they appear on the blue uniform, and a thin blue stripe at the top of the sock, with the team logo on the back. This pair could also be worn with all three jerseys, but mainly the away uniform. Anyways, I'd really like some C&C on these, and the Clippers are up next.

Nn9UCwN.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

You nailed the Wolves socks!! Nuggetswere ok. Now as for Minnesota, they are your best work because you incorporated the silver/grey trees in the socks so well.

If you found a way to incorporate mountains in the socks it would work unless it would be too busy.

^ Mountains? The trees are the focal point of their branding (after the Wolf, of course) and uniforms so I'm not sure there is a reason to include mountains.

when i said Nuggets we're ok..I meant to be specific when i said the mountains in the socks..meant for Denver. I'd figure you would catch that. Sorry my bad.
shado_logo.gif

Really feel like I deserve some more C&C on these but whatever. Like I said, I'll post the Clippers sometime later today and then probably Pheonix tomorrow. I really want to continue posting these concepts but if I keep getting a lack of C&C I may have to stop.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here are the socks for Clippers. We all know their new logos and uniforms are atrocious, so I decided to keep the socks simple and straightforward. There is a white and red pair, and both feature a thick stripe in the middle of the sock, resembling the striping from the home and road uniforms, respectively. The white pair features the new logo on the back, and can be worn with either the home white or alternate black uniform, as the striping is the same on both uniforms. The red pair would be worn exclusively with the road uniform. I know these may be a little boring, but I felt as if these simple designs were the best options for them. Anyways, I'd really like some C&C, and Phoenix will be coming up next.

V4RdFZK.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here are my designs for the Phoenix Suns. These might be my favorite so far, and I hope you all feel a similar way. I made an orange pair, which could be paired with all four uniforms, but mainly the white, purple, and orange uniforms, and a grey pair, which would mainly be paired with the grey alternate uniform but could potentially be paired with the purple and orange uniforms as well. The orange pair features four horizontal stripes that taper to a point, and a slightly angled "SUNS" wordmark within the stripes. The top of the socks is black. The grey pair features a thick horizontal black stripe that fades to grey at the back, in the same fashion as the stripes from the shorts of the grey alternate uniform. The top of the socks is orange, and the alternate logo is placed at the upper back of each sock. I would really like some C&C on these or any of the designs I have posted thus far. Hope you like them.

JRu7Psl.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Next up is the Kings. These were a little tricky as their uniforms are simply not very good, and inspiration was difficult to find. With that being said, I decided to use the striping from the side of the uniforms and join it together to create a sort of medieval banner shape. I made a white pair and a black pair, both of which could be worn with all three uniforms. The white pair features striping from the white uniform, while the black pair features striping from the black uniform. I apologize for the blurry graphics of the uniforms, but those were the only ones I could find showing the updated wordmarks from last season. I'll have the Lakers up next, but until then I'd like some C&C. Thanks in advance for any you may have.

PEIrTNJ.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Finishing off the Pacific Division, I have the Los Angeles Lakers. These are very simple and classy, and need almost zero explanation. I made a white pair and a purple pair, both of which include the jersey striping from the jersey of each respective color. The white pair would be worn mostly with the yellow and white uniforms, as the Lakers have traditionally worn almost exclusively white socks with their yellow uniforms at home, but could also be worn with the purple and black uniforms. The purple pair could theoretically be paired with all four uniforms, but mainly just the road uniform. I didn't include the black uniform in the graphic because in my mind those would be worn mainly with plain black socks. C&C on these and the Kings' socks would be great. The Southwest Division is up next, starting with Houston. Oh, and in case I forgot to mention at the beginning of this thread, all of these images can be enlarged if you click on them.

IoClDr1.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Keep ya head up...upper...just because people aren't giving you and C&C doesn't mean they aren't clicking on this thread and checking out the content.

Kodrinsky's NBA court database Thread is universally KNOWN...he may get the occasional troll here and there..not much C&C but everyone checks it out.

shado_logo.gif

Today I start off the Southwest Division with the Houston Rockets. Houston, considering their modern uniform design, is one team that I felt I could take more creative liberty with, and that is just what I did with the first pair of socks. The first pair features a unique gradient design, starting red at the top, fading to white in the middle, and eventually fading to grey/silver at the bottom. This pair could easily be worn with either the home or road uniforms, and fits nicely into the modern aspects of those respective uniforms. The second pair has a more classic look to it, and would be worn with the current alternate as well as the rumored yellow "Clutch City" alternate. It features a simple red base, the striping from the sides of the alternate uniform on the rib of the sock, and a white rockets logo on the sides. C&C is appreciated.

wiA0M3I.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The main socks look... unique, to say the least. I think that they actually need to be simplified. Is there any way you can include the jersey striping on the sock? I am thinking something like the stripes going up and down around the sock like this very simple example: ~~ Imagine that the striping is going around the whole sock, so 2 up curves, 2 down curves. Just an idea.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Archived