Stance and the NBA (Celtics posted 7/31 - C&C appreciated)

upperV03

^ I originally did something like you suggested but it honestly looked pretty terrible. I hate the Rockets' uniforms and frankly the striping is simply not very conducive to socks, regardless of how they are arranged. I agree the gradient design is a little out there, but I feel it works for a team whose uniforms feature such modern aspects as theirs do. I may tweak the gradient and make it white to red to silver or silver to red to white, however.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is an update of the Rockets' primary sock. The gradient is now red to silver to white, which I feel makes for a smoother transition than the gradient on my original pair. C&C once again welcomed, and Memphis is coming up most likely tomorrow.

lOQYNus.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I've been busy the last few days, but today I am back with the socks for the Memphis Grizzlies. I made a white pair and a light blue, each of which would be worn with the uniform of the same color as the socks. The white pair features the striping from the sides of the home uniform, and could also be worn with the navy blue away uniform, and not just the home uniform. The light blue pair features the striping from the sides of the alternate uniform. Up next I will have the Spurs, but in the meantime I would like some C&C.

uwoiNPF.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I think all of these look great. Not much that I would change! For San Antonio maybe do an alternate pair with their old logo with the many colors that it had lol. I'm excited for them!!

Today I have for you the socks for the San Antonio Spurs. These are pretty straight forward, as I made a black pair and a grey pair. The black pair features the striping from the sides of the uniforms in the middle of the sock, and the trim from the arm and collar is on the rib of the sock. The black pair would be worn with both the home and road uniforms. The grey pair would be worn mostly with the grey alternate, and it features the striping from the sides of the grey uniform. The highlight of both of these pairs is on the rib of the grey pair, as it has three thin lines made up of the teal, orange, and pink from the team's old logo. I wanted to use those colors but limit it to a very small application, and I think I succeeded in that. Anyways, Dallas is next, but some C&C on these and/or Memphis would be nice.

lOyVaBa.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That subtle input of the colors from the old logo is excellent! One thing that kind of stands out to me with these is that you use the striping on the sides of the uniform with pretty much every one of them. Maybe venture out a little bit!

^ For teams with a striping pattern it's hard to venture out and institute more outside the box designs. If you look at Pheonix, Minnesota, Houston you'll see some more creative designs, and I plan to do similar things to some other teams that don't have a consistent striping pattern. Glad you like the colors on the Spurs' socks though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here are the socks for the Dallas Mavs. I'll be honest I hate their home and road uniforms, so the white pair of socks is pretty simple. It features two navy blue stripes with light blue outlines, with the Dallas wordmark between the two. The top of the socks is light blue. The navy blue pair features the striping from the sides of the shorts of the new fan designed alternate uniform, and light blue at the top of the socks. These may be viewed as a little bland and overly simple, but their uniforms are extremely stale, and I thought my designs were a nice compromise between traditional striping and the modernness of the uniforms. Anyways, New Orleans will round out the Western Conference, and I should have them posted tomorrow. Some C&C is always welcomed.

1sGFqVA.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Been busy the last few days, but today I am finishing off the Western Conference with the socks for the New Orleans Pelicans. I decided to make a white pair and red pair, as both could be worn with the blue away uniform. Both pairs feature the intricate design from the very top of the primary logo, complete with the small fleur de lis. Within the design in the middle of both socks is the team's partial primary logo done in a watermark style. C&C would be appreciated on these or any of the designs that I have completed thus far.

VQC5uDF.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I am back today with the Boston Celtics, starting off the Eastern Conference. These are pretty straight forward, and the white pair actually has some nostalgia attached to the simple design. The white pair simply has the stripes from the uniform near the top of the socks, recreating the style of the socks worn by Larry Bird and co. back in the day (as seen in the picture below). The white pair would be worn with the home, road, and grey alternate uniforms, as well as possibly the St. Patrick's day uniform. The green pair has a single black stripe near the top of the sock, and the white alternate logo on the side of each sock. This design would be worn exclusively with the road alternate uniform. C&C appreciated, Toronto is up next.

561x380.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000ocLexLj.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That alternate jersey has been in use for several seasons now, including last season, so I have no reason to believe it is being discontinued. And Skinny39, I made the uniform graphics a little too big, so that's why the socks are appearing so small. Just click on the image to enlarge it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived