Oldschoolvikings' NHL concepts - Ducks added, trying out more weird colors

oldschoolvikings

• 2 months later...

I don't think it's too much at all. I did a Kings concept a while back with double purple as well. The stripes on the other hand may be a bit much. Having 4 (if we're counting white) different colored stripes in sequence looks awkward to me. 

I love the crest and the number font. The Kings are one of those teams that seem to change identities every decade, but never getting it right. They've never had a logo that stood out and looked good in doing so. This does.

Overall with the colors and logo, it's a very regal identity, something I wish the Kings would embrace.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Heitert said:

I don't think it's too much at all. I did a Kings concept a while back with double purple as well. The stripes on the other hand may be a bit much. Having 4 (if we're counting white) different colored stripes in sequence looks awkward to me. 

If you look thru this thread, you know that "too many stripes" is a concept I have trouble with. 😁

• Like 2

I guess I'm one of the few who can tolerate the Canucks "Flying V" uniform. I like it in blue and green.

Johnny Canuck looks a little cramped inside the V, though.

I'd move him to each sleeve and put the player's number inside the V.

Sounds crazy, I know, but so is the uniform.

The NHL probably wouldn't allow no TV numbers, though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If you look thru this thread, you know that "too many stripes" is a concept I have trouble with. 😁

I completely forgot that you had an NHL series. I went back through and yes, there are many stripes. However, a bunch of them actually work. Those being the gradient stripes, most notably the Ottawa concept with the peace tower logo. Fantastic design there. 

Going back through the thread, a few things stood out to me: 

• I see the Kings are a team you've played around with frequently. I really like two on page 10. The simplicity of the purple/white design is great but I'd love to see some gold thrown in on the sleeve and hem stripes. 
  • Your most recent Blues concept is gorgeous. The Blues are a team that could pull of a multi-striped jersey, for obvious reasons. I like the treatment of the bluenote on the white sweater in option B, while the blue jersey in option A is superior. 
  • I would buy a Beagles sweater yesterday if they were real. 
  • Your North Stars concept is one of the best I've seen. 
  • The most recent Coyotes concept of yours is so incredibly 90s that I want the brick red sweater on a hanger, in my closet, right next to my old kachina jersey that definitely doesn't fit me anymore. 

Overall, there are a lot of really creative designs throughout. It's refreshing to see more unique takes on teams that seem to get the same general treatment every other concept.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First off - those Panthers sweaters are gorgeous. 

Dallas actually could work if the space theme used just silver and white starbursts. As is, it looks too photo-realistic to work.

Tampa Bay and Winnipeg are the most 90s things I've seen this month... I love them. 

• Like 2