Oldschoolvikings' NHL concepts - Ducks added, trying out more weird colors

oldschoolvikings

Dude stop using strips on all the jersey. Like same thing for every team. So simple anyone could cold come up with it. Just so boring see the same thing 50 thousand times

My goodness, I must be hallucinating again. All those unique stripe patterns that I'm seeing are actually boring and generic!

Love the work OldSchool. Some really ingenious ideas here, though I'm not huge on the Columbus road jersey, I'd stick to white. I know it isn't matching with the home if you do that, but it'd still be close enough where I think it could work.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Dude stop using strips on all the jersey. Like same thing for every team. So simple anyone could cold come up with it. Just so boring see the same thing 50 thousand times

My goodness, I must be hallucinating again. All those unique stripe patterns that I'm seeing are actually boring and generic!

Love the work OldSchool. Some really ingenious ideas here, though I'm not huge on the Columbus road jersey, I'd stick to white. I know it isn't matching with the home if you do that, but it'd still be close enough where I think it could work.

Yeah, you may be right... I might have forced the gray into there for the idea of it. I'll revisit it.

Carolina Hurricanes concept. I miss the wrap around flag motif, and I'm adding a color. Thoughts?

hurc_zpscb2heyif.png

If there's any color that would work for Carolina, it's probably "Carolina Blue".. I really think this could grow on me.. Perhaps a slightly less vibrant shade could work better, but the blue is a nice touch.. Symbolizing sky, air, water (hurricane-ish elements), and Carolina as well - well thought out and executed

• Like 1

Carolina Hurricanes concept. I miss the wrap around flag motif, and I'm adding a color. Thoughts?

hurc_zpscb2heyif.png

If there's any color that would work for Carolina, it's probably "Carolina Blue".. I really think this could grow on me.. Perhaps a slightly less vibrant shade could work better, but the blue is a nice touch.. Symbolizing sky, air, water (hurricane-ish elements), and Carolina as well - well thought out and executed

I like the alt. I think you should darken the blue just a little bit, but other than that I like the changes you made.

New Avalanche uniform is actually pretty much the old Avalanche uniform... just a few small adjustments, plus a new alternate.

The original Avs look is probably in my top 5 all-time NHL uniforms, it's a shame it got destroyed. And this particular alt design is something I've always wanted to see.

avs_zpsfqv0zuwk.png

• Like 1

The crest is a little large but besides that, this is golden. I particularly like how incorporated the best aspect of the "slug" identity by using those shoulder patches. I don't understand why the team didn't use them on the current set; piping would actually lead to something... Anyhow, I don't think laces are entirely necessary either, the one colour 'v-neck' suits the striping well. Solid work as usual!

If you're going for a very old-time throwback look with the striping, adding laces would be a nice touch.

I'm not sure how I feel about laces... It strikes me as a little cheesy in 2015. They really are just cosmetic, although I suppose you could say that about a lot of uniform elements.