Oldschoolvikings' NHL concepts - Ducks added, trying out more weird colors

oldschoolvikings

On 2/24/2017 at 8:53 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Ok.  I surrender.

captl_zps53u85cbh.png

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but here's my two cents: As much as I like this concept as a whole, the striping pattern is a recolouring of the Penguins' current home/road set. Like I said, I do like it, but it would be kind of strange to see the Caps switch over to the Pens' template.

Good work though, great balance of colour. The only change I would make would be to change the colour of the sleeve striping so the portion by the cuff is red to match the hem.

• Like 1

Fair warning, I am very much looking at this concept through very biased/homer eyes. That being said,  I appreciate your unique take on the Predators and while I agree that the sabretooth head isn't perfect, I don't really think that your pawprint logo would be a good replacement. Your concept would be much more generic than its predecessor, and the form isn't really recognizable enough to warrant a spot on the front of a jersey IMO. Also while I like the idea of bringing silver back into the color scheme, it's very reminiscent of Buffalo rather than Nashville. Not to mention that whenever silver and yellow are placed next to each other they tend to bleed together and create a really unpleasant murky color, which takes all of the appeal out of the bright yellow in the Preds scheme IMO. I also think that while the Preds identity is so young, if there's one thing that they own it's the yellow primary jerseys, and I think it'd be a mistake to take that away. I understand that many of these choices are likely based on your personal tastes rather than team history or what the fanbase would potentially want, but I figured I'd just leave my 2 cents. 

spacer.png

OK... here is take two on the Predators. I took everyone's advice about making the primary gold, and I'm glad I did.  Also, dropped the silver... also glad I did.  I'm still currently truing to save my Sabretooth paw print logo... I'm being stubborn.  But I'm also working with some other ideas, so we'll see.  Feedback appreciated!

nash_zpsauggexoi.png

On 3/10/2017 at 2:24 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

nash1_zpsymfrpydf.png

14 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Not gonna lie, I like the logo a lot more. But to be honest, the jerseys don't look quite as good. I can't imagine them on the ice. I also think the yellow should be brighter, and less mustard-ish.

OK, I'm about to wave the white flag on the paw logo.  I might try to save it as a shoulder patch, out of sheer stubbornness.  I like the N-teeth, but it seems a little empty, so I might try to work with it a bit more.

As for the yellow-gold... it looked a lot brighter in my program, but posted dark... ill try to compensate.

Thanks for the feedback!

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I kind of felt like I had no choice;

duck_zpsqcrjk5x2.png

21 minutes ago, Jbadger9 said:

Uniforms look great. Only critique is that I don't really like the bigger triangle behind the duck, it looks a little off.

I wasn't really trying to make it bigger... I basically just did a straight up cut and paste and recolor job.  Maybe it looks bigger on the white sweater because of the second outline?

1139px-Mighty_Ducks_of_Anaheim_Logo.svg.

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I wasn't really trying to make it bigger... I basically just did a straight up cut and paste and recolor job.  Maybe it looks bigger on the white sweater because of the second outline?

1139px-Mighty_Ducks_of_Anaheim_Logo.svg.

My mistake, it just looked a little off to me, disregard.

F423144C-433F-4358-B49C-4EB2A9DFD1BB.png

That's right, you love the Astros rainbow guts...

Unique.  I may consider leaving the home jersey plain and just use it on the road.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)