Oldschoolvikings' NHL concepts - Ducks added, trying out more weird colors

oldschoolvikings

Recently in a thread about favorite color schemes, a fellow member said he was tired of the St. Louis Blues' "double blue" color scheme.  And he was a fan of the team. Not being a fan, I've always been OK with the look, I thought they pulled it off, and it sets them apart from the Sabres.  But the more I thought about it, I kind of soured on it too. Especially when looking at the Blues' distant history.  It's sometimes hard to tell because of the varying nature of old color photography, but at one time the Blues had a noticeably lighter blue... almost sky blue in some pics.

So...

Here's two ideas... one with white trim at home, and one with the white removed;

blue3_zpsqh96okdv.png?t=1529977584

blue2_zps4jovmcct.png?t=1529977585

As always, thoughts appreciated.

• Like 5

Years ago when I started this thread I posted an Arizona Coyotes uniform that I was rather fond of... you can find it back on page two.  Anyway, with the Coyotes recently bringing back the Kachina sweaters, I was thinking about how much fun their original look was.  That made me want to revisit my concept, but see if the old logos might work with it.  Results below;

coto2_zpsyl2iyu2t.png

• Like 6

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

coto2_zpsyl2iyu2t.png

First of all, I’m a big proponent of all things Kachina so I love this idea. I’m not too sure how I feel about the purple being thrown in there. I really think it makes them unique, but maybe it’s too dark to go with that red. 

And personally, I love the full body kachina logo - how would you recolor that to fit this purple/sand/red color scheme?

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, seasaltvanilla said:

MOD EDIT

Love the Blues look a lot. That would be their best look ever if it were used in real life. 

Regarding the Coyotes, could you try a dark teal instead of purple? That would probably go well with the red and sand. I think the simplified pattern looks great though. 

• Like 4

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:24 AM, Griffinmarlins said:

Love the Blues look a lot. That would be their best look ever if it were used in real life. 

Regarding the Coyotes, could you try a dark teal instead of purple? That would probably go well with the red and sand. I think the simplified pattern looks great though. 

Yeah, I know I'm pushing it with the purple.  That seems to be a pretty common reaction to that particular concept (and I've recently been told I take criticism so poorly I should be ashamed!) and your dark teal is an interesting thought.  I'll give it a go.

The purple/cardinal idea is something that's been stuck in my head for like 20 years, and I just keep trying to make it work.  Back in the 90's I worked with a guy who had played football at a tiny school in Indiana called St. Josephs, and he told me their colors were purple and cardinal, and I was just fascinated. How would that even happen?

636277689959471103-matter.JPG  HeaderStJosephLogo.png

I've been trying to find a pro team to force it onto ever since. (I've got a purple/cardinal Arizona Diamondbacks concept somewhere, too.)  But maybe I'll try a few other colors in it's place... just not black.

• Like 2

I’d love to see your Coyotes concept with teal or green replacing purple. I do think the purple somewhat works, but it would look better with a different color IMO. Still and interesting and well executed concept. 

The Blues gold color you used is ugly. Other than that, I don’t mind the set. I actually like the double blue, but a return to just royal would be fine by me. Oh and the stripes remind me of the Nashville Preditors. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:24 AM, Griffinmarlins said:

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I’d love to see your Coyotes concept with teal or green replacing purple. I do think the purple somewhat works, but it would look better with a different color IMO. Still and interesting and well executed concept. 

The Blues gold color you used is ugly. Other than that, I don’t mind the set. I actually like the double blue, but a return to just royal would be fine by me. Oh and the stripes remind me of the Nashville Preditors. 

I was just looking at that concept on my tablet and the blue looks very different from what it does on my computer... I guess that's pretty common. (Not that you'd necessarily like it better, but still...)  The stripes are supposed to relate to the lines from sheet music... that might be a bit to "Nikespeak" though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

coyo2_zpsosakjwcm.png

Holy mother of god. Now THIS looks great! Coming to these concepts boards makes me so sad about the current states of so many teams. seeing this beautiful set and then looking at the harsh reality is like night and day. 

But I would like to see maybe a brighter teal or purple with this same concept haha. Would that stand out even more?

regardless keep up the great work!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Vitalogy26 said:

I love the color but what exactly is going on with the logo? It would look great if it was their current logo. 

Just trying something different, I guess. I don't have an issue with the current logo, I just wanted to try a different "C".

• Like 1

• 1 year later...