Oldschoolvikings' NHL concepts - Ducks added, trying out more weird colors

oldschoolvikings

Guest darkpiranha
22 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Wastispacer.pngng no time...

Sorry.  This one actually looks pretty good.   Back to the drawing board.  

• 3 months later...

OK, I have a weird fascination with the California Golden Seals.  Actually, the California Seals/Oakland Seals/Bay Area Seals/California Golden Seals.

They went thru a bunch of names and color scemes, and bad logos.  Some are as follows;

spacer.png

I know that's a terrible logo by any standard, but for whatever reason, I love it.

So I thought I'd come up with concepts for each of their basic incarnations...

• 2 years later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NHL concepts - Ducks added, trying out more weird colors
6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's been a while...

spacer.png

I do like the D foot on the shoulders, and the font for the name and numbers is pretty nice. The rest of the uniform isn't exactly easy on the eye. The purple is nice on its own (most shades of the colour are), but pairing it with a washed out shade of green and with silver and black, it looks nasty, and I would choose either Eggplant/Jade or Black/Orange/Gold over the colour combo you've used.

The striping is okay, but it feels too conventional for the Ducks, when you think of the Ducks, most people would think of either the original jerseys or the 2006 rebrand, the only Jersey Anaheim that has had that had stripes as conventional as this concept was the 2003 alternate.

Even though that ugly shade of green is on it, the return of Wild Wing to the front is welcome.

A nicer colour to work with the purple instead of that green and less conventional striping and this could be pretty good.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WideRight said:

Avocado & Plum?  Hockey or a 1970's kitchen appliance?   (Sorry, not to harsh, but not sure those are the exact shades of green and purple you want.)

18 hours ago, heavybass said:

Needs some Mexican crema

13 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The purple is nice on its own (most shades of the colour are), but pairing it with a washed out shade of green and with silver and black, it looks nasty, and I would choose either Eggplant/Jade or Black/Orange/Gold over the colour combo you've used.

So, if I'm reading the room correctly, no one likes that green... 🤷‍♂️😆

• Sad 1