NHL Uni Redesigns -- SJ Sharks revamped (added 7/5/17)

Philly's Phinest

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the little hiatus again. Just got back from vacation and had some free time. Below is the version of the home and away with the retro 90s logo along with the black alternate. I went for more of a plain look on the alternate with classic striping on the sleeves. The only outside the box thing here is that the TV numbers are on the shoulders in a bigger font than they would be on the sleeves. It's different, but I actually like it. Kinda has a Stadium Series feel with the bigger numbers, just not as wild of a design.

grBSwuh.png

oo4PhZN.pngUJwIlZy.png

26/32 -- Columbus Blue Jackets

Alright so I've been playing around with the Blue Jackets for quite some time now and I finally put together a set that I'm happy with. The Blue Jackets as a team need a true identity. I decided to focus on the cannon. I've created 2 different sets and an alternate. The main set (one that I prefer) is the dark blue and cream color scheme. The other set is the same concept, but with the Red, White and Blue color scheme. Not so much a fan of this one since my Caps concept uses those colors, but I posted for some feedback. Alternate is a red jersey. 

Home/Away (main set)

This is the main set and the one I prefer. Color scheme is predominantly Blue for home and Cream for the road. The cannon roundel take precedent as the primary logo. I'm also working on a logo that is just the cannon as a stand alone, but that will take me some time to perfect. Both jerseys have trim on the cuffs and the bottom of the torso area. Font is the same as their current alt, so no change there. Sleeve striping is to mimic a patch that would've been worn by a sergeant in the war. Also, I thought it worked quite nice as a sleeve stripe. I wanted to incorporate the state of Ohio somehow as well. Thought of a shoulder patch like what Arizona uses, but decided to keep the shoulders clean. If you follow this series or my NFL, you'll know I'm a fan of sublimation if done nicely. I worked this in on the back of the jerseys placing it below the numbers. Also, above each nameplate is 3 stars. These represent the insignia of Lieutenant General (second in command on the battlefield). I thought this would be symbolic if you look at the Coach as the general and then the players as the Lieutenant Generals. Plus I think it looks pretty cool.

aD4mv3K.png

zdLBV1g.png

Red, White Blue Set

Same concept as the home and away, just for those who like the current color scheme.

YYNdeSS.png

XOtjBB8.png

Red Alternate

Again, same theme as before, but in red. Kinda weird to see a red blue jackets jersey (pun intended), but I kinda like it.

baT0ttY.png

C&C always appreciated!!!

47 minutes ago, Philly's Phinest said:

26/32 -- Columbus Blue Jackets

Alright so I've been playing around with the Blue Jackets for quite some time now and I finally put together a set that I'm happy with. The Blue Jackets as a team need a true identity. I decided to focus on the cannon. I've created 2 different sets and an alternate. The main set (one that I prefer) is the dark blue and cream color scheme. The other set is the same concept, but with the Red, White and Blue color scheme. Not so much a fan of this one since my Caps concept uses those colors, but I posted for some feedback. Alternate is a red jersey. 

Home/Away (main set)

This is the main set and the one I prefer. Color scheme is predominantly Blue for home and Cream for the road. The cannon roundel take precedent as the primary logo. I'm also working on a logo that is just the cannon as a stand alone, but that will take me some time to perfect. Both jerseys have trim on the cuffs and the bottom of the torso area. Font is the same as their current alt, so no change there. Sleeve striping is to mimic a patch that would've been worn by a sergeant in the war. Also, I thought it worked quite nice as a sleeve stripe. I wanted to incorporate the state of Ohio somehow as well. Thought of a shoulder patch like what Arizona uses, but decided to keep the shoulders clean. If you follow this series or my NFL, you'll know I'm a fan of sublimation if done nicely. I worked this in on the back of the jerseys placing it below the numbers. Also, above each nameplate is 3 stars. These represent the insignia of Lieutenant General (second in command on the battlefield). I thought this would be symbolic if you look at the Coach as the general and then the players as the Lieutenant Generals. Plus I think it looks pretty cool.

aD4mv3K.png

zdLBV1g.png

Red, White Blue Set

Same concept as the home and away, just for those who like the current color scheme.

YYNdeSS.png

XOtjBB8.png

Red Alternate

Again, same theme as before, but in red. Kinda weird to see a red blue jackets jersey (pun intended), but I kinda like it.

baT0ttY.png

C&C always appreciated!!!

I like the main set, but I prefer the RWB set, by a bit. Great looking concept, since I'm a huge fan of their roundel.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I am on the RWB set, and I'm really liking the Ohio state on the back of the jersey with the numbers over it. 

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

12 hours ago, BostonStrong13 said:

I am on the RWB set, and I'm really liking the Ohio state on the back of the jersey with the numbers over it. 

10 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

These are both nice. I really can't tell which version I like better.

A lot of people I've shown this to are on the side of the RWB. I'll likely go with that as the primary and use the blue, cream, and red as alternate options. Thanks for the feedback so far. Blackhawks, Oilers, Devils, Rangers, Flyers, Expansion #2 left to complete. 

27/32 -- Edmonton Oilers

Alright so up to number 27 now. Edmonton. Honestly, there are so many concepts out on the web for the Oilers. Some of which include drastic changes to the brand. I feel like this is one of those teams that is timeless. Truly a solid brand. With this design, I wanted to stay true to the heritage and keep it classic. There are a few changes that I did make. 1) I changed the collar to a pointed tip to blend better with the tip of the oil drop. I was never a fan of the squared bottom. 2) I ditched the tri-colored numbers. I felt that it was too much and settled on a two tone with a solid color and one outline. The alt carries the same striping as the home jersey as opposed to the different striping the current alt has. Also, instead of the shoulder numbers for the alt, I moved mine to the sleeves. Let me know what ya think!

Home Sweater

rLSnDaF.png

Away Sweater

EVSUT4B.png

Alternate Sweater

B9QLVou.png

• 2 weeks later...

Florida Panthers Update

Since the Florida Panthers introduced their new look, I wanted to revise my design to reflect the new logo and colors. I'm not a fan of the chest striping on their new set so here's my take on it. I truly debated on going no yoke on the home and road, but as you can see below, I went for it. As always C&C is greatly appreciated.

Home Sweater:

The home jersey is predominantly red. Blue yoke. Sleeve and waist striping is tri-colored, predominantly being blue with gold and white accents. NOB is white and numbers are white with a gold outline. For the main crest, I used the Florida above the panther logo. This is a nod to the state while playing in state.

X9pzeC9.png

Away Sweater:

The away set is the same as the home, but white takes primary. Blue yoke. Still tri-colored sleeves as well. NOB is red and the numbers are red with gold outlines. I changed the crest on the away to read Panthers as opposed to Florida. Subtle little change.

WnoaQuh.png

Blue Alternate:

Lastly, I put together a blue alternate. Same sort of style. No yoke on this one. Crest has a white outline now and reads Florida again as these will be used as Alts at home.

lzbfwZ9.png

The color balance is much better on the red version of the white. This will especially be true if you're pairing it with blue pants. This is a situation where the rest of the uniform really starts to matter, because either red or blue pants are entirely feasible. 

The only thing I'd recommend changing is to consider changing on that white jersey is to change the tiny red stripe (the one between the blue and gold stripes) into a tiny white stripe.  I know it breaks the setup you're going for a little bit, but subtle changes between home and road are done rather often in the name of making colors mesh better.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

6 hours ago, hockey week said:

The color balance is much better on the red version of the white. This will especially be true if you're pairing it with blue pants. This is a situation where the rest of the uniform really starts to matter, because either red or blue pants are entirely feasible. 

The only thing I'd recommend changing is to consider changing on that white jersey is to change the tiny red stripe (the one between the blue and gold stripes) into a tiny white stripe.  I know it breaks the setup you're going for a little bit, but subtle changes between home and road are done rather often in the name of making colors mesh better.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to agree with you on this one. The idea would be to have blue pants so red is by far the way to go. And the tiny bit of red between the stripes was throwing me off. There was something I couldn't put my finger on when looking at it and that was it. Thanks for pointing it out. Below is the revision.

HHVF2d3.png

21 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Florida looks great.  You did a way better job with the striping.

Thank you. I appreciate it!

Archived