NHL Uni Redesigns -- SJ Sharks revamped (added 7/5/17)

Philly's Phinest

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28/32 -- Chicago Blackhawks

I'm going to preface this one by saying that the Blackhawks are pretty much a team that shouldn't be touched. They have a timeless brand that screams hockey. With my design, I tried to keep that feel and bring a little more consistency to the set. I did add some sublimation on the back as I've done in the past with a few other teams (which I may just create a new series giving each team the sublimation treatment). Just a modern little spin. I'd like some C&C on that for sure, because I really contemplated ditching it and just going straight classic.

Home Sweater:

Alright, so for the home, there is minor deviation from their current set. Sleeve striping is now consistent with the waist. Dual black outlined in white. Also new is the addition of neck strings. I feel like it gives the jersey a nostalgic feel. Collar striping is still two tone utilizing black and white. Shoulder logo is still consistent using the C and tomahawks. On the back behind the numbers are the sublimated tomahawks. I don't know if this is too much or not. I like it, but I don't love it like I did on a few of the jerseys I've created in the past. I do prefer it on the white and black over the red jersey here.

rVlWAh8.png

Away Jersey:

With the away jersey, primary obviously becomes white. Neck strings are carried over, but do change color along with the collar striping. The sleeve and waist striping is adjusted to a thinner, more sleek look. Basically the sleeve striping was inverted from the home. The white becomes black and red while the black stripes on the home jersey now become white on the away. I also removed the black cuffs as I felt it was just clunky and wanted consistency with the sets. Considering all players wear predominantly black gloves, the cuff pretty much blends in so as it is.

6p43RNE.png

Alternate Sweater:

Consistent with the away set, just black. 

P1O7avT.png

Devils, Rangers, Flyers, and expansion #2 Quebec Nordiques to finish out the series

Carolina Hurricanes Overhaul

Here's an actual overhaul on a past design. The Hurricanes were my second design in this series. In my opinion, one of my poorest designs. I've decided to revisit it. Hopefully I got my act together on this one. The current Canes jerseys are way too plain. I tried to evoke the past, while staying true to a design that screams Hurricanes! I'll let the design speak for itself. Home/Away/Alt. C&C always appreciated on this and the others posted today. Thanks for checking it out!

kZRtDiU.png

WWmzmhU.png

lFEhSQN.png

11 hours ago, Philly's Phinest said:

Carolina Hurricanes Overhaul

Here's an actual overhaul on a past design. The Hurricanes were my second design in this series. In my opinion, one of my poorest designs. I've decided to revisit it. Hopefully I got my act together on this one. The current Canes jerseys are way too plain. I tried to evoke the past, while staying true to a design that screams Hurricanes! I'll let the design speak for itself. Home/Away/Alt. C&C always appreciated on this and the others posted today. Thanks for checking it out!

kZRtDiU.png

WWmzmhU.png

lFEhSQN.png

YES YES YES

spacer.png

The 'Canes look great! You fixed the only thing that needed fixing from their previous uniforms (the sleeve stripes that didn't match the hem). That's what they could be wearing if they weren't owned by a Red Wings homer who wants to pretend that he owns his actual favorite team.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

If I weren't pulling so hard for the 'Canes to move to Quebec, I'd totally want your update on-ice.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

29/32 -- New York Rangers

Alright, so I may get some hate on this one because it's not your normal look for the Rangers. This is a little outside the box. I really liked the looks of their Stadium Series jersey so I wanted to make a spin off of those. I like the away sweaters, but there's something about the home. Something just seems off to me, but I can't figure out what it is. Depending on the feedback for these, I may just go back to the drawing board completely with the classic colors and go from there. My fear is that the color scheme is too close to that of my Columbus set. I went with a modern, custom shoulder yoke. Slightly angled sleeve striping. Single outline numbers (I really wanted the drop shadow numbers, but for some reason, I couldn't get it to look the way I wanted...still tinkering).  Anyway, design is below. Side note - I'm working on a Lady Liberty Alt which will be completely different from the home and away.

Home Sweater:

01sj6Hr.png

Away Sweater:

jXEXm72.png

4 hours ago, Philly's Phinest said:

29/32 -- New York Rangers

Alright, so I may get some hate on this one because it's not your normal look for the Rangers. This is a little outside the box. I really liked the looks of their Stadium Series jersey so I wanted to make a spin off of those. I like the away sweaters, but there's something about the home. Something just seems off to me, but I can't figure out what it is. Depending on the feedback for these, I may just go back to the drawing board completely with the classic colors and go from there. My fear is that the color scheme is too close to that of my Columbus set. I went with a modern, custom shoulder yoke. Slightly angled sleeve striping. Single outline numbers (I really wanted the drop shadow numbers, but for some reason, I couldn't get it to look the way I wanted...still tinkering).  Anyway, design is below. Side note - I'm working on a Lady Liberty Alt which will be completely different from the home and away.

Home Sweater:

01sj6Hr.png

Away Sweater:

jXEXm72.png

Ok 3 things:
1. Can you change Nash to McDonagh as there are rumors Nash could be gone.
2. Add an Alternate bringing back Lady Liberty with this design
3. On the Away Sweater, can you try and make the 3-D effect for the lettering like they do now

Note: I did not notice the last sentence that you would be adding a lady liberty jersey

On 7/8/2016 at 1:29 AM, Tox1cVenom said:

Ok 3 things:
1. Can you change Nash to McDonagh as there are rumors Nash could be gone.
2. Add an Alternate bringing back Lady Liberty with this design
3. On the Away Sweater, can you try and make the 3-D effect for the lettering like they do now

Note: I did not notice the last sentence that you would be adding a lady liberty jersey

(Just a concept it doesn't matter) 

Definitely agree with adding the drop-shadow, and maybe add the arched nameplate too? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Thanks for the suggestions on the NYR. I've decided to go back to the drawing board on those. In the mean time, I knocked out the New Jersey Devils...

30/32 -- New Jersey Devils

Next up is the New Jersey Devils. This is another team that I feel has a great look, but could add some subtle changes (which I included in my design). They have a unique logo and a classic look. I've also added a Fauxback and what I like to call "The Demon Alternate" Here's my take.

Home Sweater:

While this looks very similar to their current look, I .made a few subtle changes, which I feel improves the Devils. 1- I changed the shoulder yoke to a rounded shape and also carried an outline. I feel this matches better with the sleeve and waist striping. 2- Collar is now just 2 layers as opposed to the past tri-layer look. Lastly, I went back to the brighter shade of red used prior to their current red.

mO1gK9V.png

Away Sweater:

Same as the home, but now white. New changes still apply.

mWPc5gN.png

Fauxback Alt:

Main changes on the Fauxback. I've removed the extra striping so the new look matches home and away keeping it consistent. I've also opted for a darker shade of green which I feel contrasts better with the bright red. f3PHYA0.png

Demon Alternate:

So yes, it's a cheesy name for an alternate, but that's what makes it fun. When I think Devils, I think dark colors and bright red. I could've gone with the obvious black alt, but I went a little outside the box by adding a super dark charcoal color for the primary. The jersey is a dark charcoal with black and red accents. Something different, but I think it looks cool.

2mVNxsh.png

As always, C&C is greatly appreciated. Thanks for checking the series out!!

Flyers, Rangers, and Nordiques to round out the series along with a few re-visits to better some designs...

14 hours ago, Philly's Phinest said:

Thanks for the suggestions on the NYR. I've decided to go back to the drawing board on those. In the mean time, I knocked out the New Jersey Devils...

30/32 -- New Jersey Devils

Next up is the New Jersey Devils. This is another team that I feel has a great look, but could add some subtle changes (which I included in my design). They have a unique logo and a classic look. I've also added a Fauxback and what I like to call "The Demon Alternate" Here's my take.

Home Sweater:

While this looks very similar to their current look, I .made a few subtle changes, which I feel improves the Devils. 1- I changed the shoulder yoke to a rounded shape and also carried an outline. I feel this matches better with the sleeve and waist striping. 2- Collar is now just 2 layers as opposed to the past tri-layer look. Lastly, I went back to the brighter shade of red used prior to their current red.

mO1gK9V.png

Away Sweater:

Same as the home, but now white. New changes still apply.

mWPc5gN.png

Fauxback Alt:

Main changes on the Fauxback. I've removed the extra striping so the new look matches home and away keeping it consistent. I've also opted for a darker shade of green which I feel contrasts better with the bright red. f3PHYA0.png

Demon Alternate:

So yes, it's a cheesy name for an alternate, but that's what makes it fun. When I think Devils, I think dark colors and bright red. I could've gone with the obvious black alt, but I went a little outside the box by adding a super dark charcoal color for the primary. The jersey is a dark charcoal with black and red accents. Something different, but I think it looks cool.

2mVNxsh.png

As always, C&C is greatly appreciated. Thanks for checking the series out!!

Flyers, Rangers, and Nordiques to round out the series along with a few re-visits to better some designs...

The only thing I dislike about it is that the NJ gets lost in the logo. Maybe a slightly more contrasting shade of dark grey, or a thin red outline of the NJ.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

55 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

The only thing I dislike about it is that the NJ gets lost in the logo. Maybe a slightly more contrasting shade of dark grey, or a thin red outline of the NJ.

I felt the same way when I was looking at it on my iPhone earlier. I've lightened it a bit. Don't want to go super light though...

aCML4Ts.png

I like this a lot more. It's still really dark, but feels more calculated, reigned in, and reserved, all while still bringing that black monster jersey feel. Good update!

31/32 -- Philadelphia Flyers

I will preface this concept by saying that I truly love the classic look of the Flyers set all around right now. I'm especially a fan of the Winter Classic/current 3rd jersey. That being said, if the Flyers did change their look, this is what I'd prefer. I have 2 different sets. One that incorporates just orange, black and white. And another that includes the cream color used in their current 3rd jerseys. And a Liberty Bell alt for fun.

Home Sweater:

The home sweater is a very close replica of the current 3rd with some changes. First change is that white takes place of the cream color. Also different is the collar. It becomes solid as opposed to the two tone. The keystone now becomes a permanent fixture for any captains and assistants. 3 bar striping on the sleeves while the waist carries two. Just a contrast thing that carries over from the 3rd jerseys. I feel it makes the look unique. Also unique to the flyers is the solid name box. That is something that needs to stay.

qSYjqYi.png

Away Sweater:

White is now the primary. Striping is the same with orange being the dominant color this time. The patch now becomes white with a black outline and black C. This is just a style thing. I messed around with other colors, but I felt it clashed with the jersey. 

WDhE1e9.png

Alternate Black:

I would love for the Flyers to bring back a black alternate for the future. It'll be interesting to see what they have in store as far as the 50th anniversary jersey goes. Her's a black version of the set above. No yoke on this one. Also, the C patch is black with an orange outline with a white C. Again, just a style type choice which I feel blends best with the look.

SLNsk0b.png

Cream Option:

I also made the set using the cream color that is currently used on the 3rds. This was just to see how it would turn out and get some opinions.

NhREtcS.png

pezUMag.png

WdQyZB2.png

Liberty Bell Alt:

Last, but not least. If you've been following this series, you would know that I quite frequently use sublimation on the backs of jerseys. I was tinkering with the obvious and put the Liberty Bell on the back of this one. Instead of the block nameplate, the name now sits on the top of the bell. This one was just for fun. Not sure how it will be received. My only problem with these is figuring out how longer names would fit on the jersey. It would definitely exceed the sides of the bell.

wZZVC29.png

32/32 -- Quebec Nordiques

Finally. Number 32. The Quebec Nordiques are back! My goal here was simplicity. The brand as been so classic and I didn't want to stray too far from that. The original logo, was well, original, but had to go. The fleur de lis is now the primary. If you've followed this series, you'll know I'm not a huge fan of the simplistic look for teams (i.e. Carolina), but I truly feel it works here. Primary colors are navy blue, silver, and white. I'll let the design speak for itself.

Home Sweater:

Primary color is navy blue. The crest is tri-colored, silver, white and blue. Numbers are solid with a double outline. 

Se1tkWO.png

Away Sweater:

GnR27Gq.png

Alt Silver:

3C3arkf.png

2nd Alt (Fauxback of sorts): 

sxGuBmj.png

This series is not completed just yet. I am doing a few overhauls on some teams and I still owe you my finish NY Rangers product. Once they're all complete, I'll post all the final renderings so they can all be viewed on one page. Thanks for stopping by!

11 minutes ago, Philly's Phinest said:

32/32 -- Quebec Nordiques

Finally. Number 32. The Quebec Nordiques are back! My goal here was simplicity. The brand as been so classic and I didn't want to stray too far from that. The original logo, was well, original, but had to go. The fleur de lis is now the primary. If you've followed this series, you'll know I'm not a huge fan of the simplistic look for teams (i.e. Carolina), but I truly feel it works here. Primary colors are navy blue, silver, and white. I'll let the design speak for itself.

Home Sweater:

Primary color is navy blue. The crest is tri-colored, silver, white and blue. Numbers are solid with a double outline. 

Se1tkWO.png

Away Sweater:

GnR27Gq.png

Alt Silver:

3C3arkf.png

2nd Alt (Fauxback of sorts): 

sxGuBmj.png

This series is not completed just yet. I am doing a few overhauls on some teams and I still owe you my finish NY Rangers product. Once they're all complete, I'll post all the final renderings so they can all be viewed on one page. Thanks for stopping by!

While I like the simplicity of the jerseys, I feel that the logo is too simple. A simple fleur-de-lis isn't a strong branding, especially when a major 4 team already uses it. 

While many overcomplicate their new 'diques logos, I feel this is too conservative. Please keep the jerseys though. A concept without FdL on the hem for Quebec is a refreshing change of pace.

1 minute ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

While I like the simplicity of the jerseys, I feel that the logo is too simple. A simple fleur-de-lis isn't a strong branding, especially when a major 4 team already uses it. 

While many overcomplicate their new 'diques logos, I feel this is too conservative. Please keep the jerseys though. A concept without FdL on the hem for Quebec is a refreshing change of pace.

I felt the same way. I was worried it wouldn't be a strong enough icon as a primary logo. It doesn't fully scream Quebec. My logo skills aren't the greatest (as you can see haha), but maybe I should include as a shoulder patch? If anyone would like to kick around ideas for primaries, that'd be great too.

Archived