NHL Uni Redesigns -- SJ Sharks revamped (added 7/5/17)

Philly's Phinest

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The font and sunrise on the back reminds me of a Soviet propaganda poster.

Other than that, this series has been pretty good!

Thank you! And in all honesty, now that you say it, I can't stop seeing it hahaha

without a doubt, that is THE BEST Coyotes concept I've seen. That's exactly what they should wear (perhaps with the maroon third as the home, but that's so minor), truly a perfect look.

Greatly appreciated!

Panthers: Numbers look too big and I prefer the original.

Knights: Nice logo, but the uniforms just dont click with me, maybe add a colored cuff.

Coyotes: Perfect! Much much better than their new set.

I really liked your NFL series and already love this one too! Can't wait to see what you did for the Preds!

Thank you much for the advice. Preds will be difficult because I truly do like a lot of aspects about their unis. Anything you're hoping to see in particular?

Not bad for the Coyotes. The AZ flag sunbeams are a nice touch, although maybe use it on more than just the back.

I only put them on the back because I felt it might be overkill anywhere but one spot. I may add them to the front or sleeves and see how that goes

Arizona is good. I'd like to see the sublimation on the cuffs of the jerseys. I think it would look good.

Let me see what I can do

8/32 -- Los Angeles Kings

On to the Kings (my second favorite behind the Flyers). LA did it wrong when they switched jerseys a few years back to the shield crest. Not a fan. When you hear Kings you think crown. It's a no brainer in my mind they they should have the crown as the crest.

Home Sweater:

Alright, so as much as I liked the "forum blue" with the Kings, I've decided to stay with their current scheme of black, white and silver/gray. The crown logo has been adjusted accordingly to match. The "LA" from the stadium series has now made its way onto the shoulders as a patch. Sleeve striping is similar to what they have now, just a tad wider. Numbers are now within the striping which is a nod to the teams from the late 80's-90's.

OaJZsfd.png

Away Sweater:

Much like the home, just that white now takes over as the primary.

MqzcxaS.png

Alternate Sweater:

Before anyone gets upset about not seeing some forum blue or gold, I will preface this by saying, I would love to have them keep the throwbacks as the alternate. I figured why re-create the wheel when we know what they look like. That being said, I did like when the Kings wore Dodgers warm up sweaters during pre-game skate this past year. I thought why not make a version that can be an alternate theme night? I think it would show some cool unity between both clubs and the city. In all honesty, I feel like it would be a complete hit and definitely a revenue booster with memorabilia. I've created 3 options below, and I'd like some opinions. The first is very Dodger like from the script, to colors, and shoulder patch. The second has more of a Kings theme, while using the Dodger blue. The third is the same as the second, just without "Kings" written on the bottom stripe.

3WUHl1f.png

I'm pretty excited about these and I think this could be used for other cities as well...even tie in with NFL, NBA, MLS, etc.

The Kings home and road unis are amazing. If you really wanted to go down the Dodgers road for the alternate, the second or third is probably the best.

spacer.png

The red front numbers stick out like a sore thumb. Besides that, the concept looks great.

Yeah, I was going for the complete Dodger look, but I do agree it's a lot

Nice job on the Kings, especially the numbers inside the sleeve stripes. I kind of miss the pentagonal logo with the LA and that might be a good one for the sleeves but the plain LA looks fine as well. Something about the shoulder yoke on the away sweater bugs me but I can't put my finger on it.

Thank you much!

I agree that the front numbers do stick out and not in a good way. Other than that the concept looks great and my favourite option is the 1st one.

I'm thinking I may remove them judging by the comments. Thanks

I love your Dodgers concept, and the red numbers are fine because that's how they are on the Dodgers unis as well.

That's true but it just doesn't fit due to the fact that that's the only red part of the uniform.

Yeah, as I stated above, I may remove them just from what people are saying. I did feel it was a lot when I designed it.

As a kings fan I advise you don't do the dodgers jersey, and maybe you can add a gray alt? (Or change the home) Just fix up the 2013 stadium series ones

Personally, I would use the forum blue and yellow as the 1st alternate. The Dodgers one would just be a special theme night or two throughout the season. But, I actually do have a gray alt in the works which I will post eventually.

The Kings home and road unis are amazing. If you really wanted to go down the Dodgers road for the alternate, the second or third is probably the best.

Greatly appreciate the kind words!

9/32 -- Minnesota Wild

I'll start this off by saying that I love the Minnesota Wild logo. I truly think it's one of the best in sports. I've always wondered what it would be like if they simplified their colors to just green, cream, and white. As I was designing these, I got a real Milwaukee Buck "ish" feel. Not that it's a bad thing, because I actually do like what Milwaukee did with their re-brand. But just in case people are still partial to the red, I left it in the alternate and also created a second version with their current color scheme. That being said, hope you enjoy.

Logos

I just wanted to include close ups of the logos that I used. The top set is the green, cream and white scheme that I used for my first version and the below is their current color scheme.

jLanyKr.png

Home Set V1:

Simplified the color scheme here. Classic Minnesota striping. Numbers are white with a cream outline. Green is the primary at home as opposed to red. Also, with such a beautiful logo, why diminish it using the roundel as they do at home now...full logo as the crest and the roundel becomes the shoulder patch.

hacDDkZ.png

Away Set V1:

Same theme with the away. White becomes the primary. Numbers are solid green with a cream outline. Also, a square yoke is added. I strayed away from a rounded yoke to better match the shaping of the sleeve stripes.

vmNJA04.png

Alternate Set:

Here's where I figured we could throw in some red. It seems that their current third jersey is pretty popular so I wanted to do sort of a spinoff on that.

PTTGSGz.png

Home/Away Set V2:

Last but not least, here is the home and away set for the second version I created with their current color scheme and logo. A tad different from their current look. Also, green becomes the home as opposed to their current reds.

uc9qTHE.png

The Wild crest is one of the best. Decolorizing it would be terrible. The alternate jersey striping is a good choice to use with the Wild crest. I would even add some red to the stripes somewhere, so that it's a little less ultra-modern logo on a ultra-vintage jersey.

This looks like an awesome series. Personally, I would go with the first option, as it makes the whole set look far more cohesive. If you were to go with the red option though, the jerseys need more red than just in the collar or where the NHL logo goes. And I think the Coyotes alt would look better with the more superior leaping coyote :P

That's what- She

Cool, the removal of red and yellow makes the Wild head's ear look like a rising moon instead of setting sun. It makes the shooting star look less out of place since stars are more visible in the night rather than sunset.

Thanks! That's the vibe I was going for here

Version 2 is exactly what they should be wearing, though your de-colourized logo would make for a great alt.

Thank you!

Why are the Panthers numbers so huge? Other than that, everything is very cool!

Sizing issue, I fixed it, just didn't post the revision as it was only the numbers that I changed. And thanks for the kind words!

The Wild crest is one of the best. Decolorizing it would be terrible. The alternate jersey striping is a good choice to use with the Wild crest. I would even add some red to the stripes somewhere, so that it's a little less ultra-modern logo on a ultra-vintage jersey.

I did want to try and work in some more red somehow, but I'm just not 100% sure how I want to go about it

This looks like an awesome series. Personally, I would go with the first option, as it makes the whole set look far more cohesive. If you were to go with the red option though, the jerseys need more red than just in the collar or where the NHL logo goes. And I think the Coyotes alt would look better with the more superior leaping coyote :P

Thanks! Yeah, I was leaning towards the first set as well just because it's something new and I really like how it all blends

Thanks everyone for all of the comments and suggestions thus far in the series. I'm really happy with the critique I've been getting and it's definitely helping my designs for the better. That being said, onto the next team...The Anaheim Mighty Ducks...yes, MIGHTY!

10/32 -- Anaheim Mighty Ducks

Alright so before I get into the design, I will preface by saying a few things. 1) I know due to legality issues, the Ducks had to drop the "Mighty", but in my perfect world, it would have stayed. 2) Same issue with the logo and colors. I know the team tried to re-brand away from the Disney-era logo, but c'mon. The hockey mask duck is perfect all around. In my NHL, this logo is at the very top of them all. I've been making a few versions of my concepts lately as it's been hard to choose what I like best, so I've just been posting them all and letting you guys decide. Here, I have 4 options that I'll explain below...

Home/Road V1:

So my first idea was to drop the purple and go with a teal, white, silver and black scheme. I do like the looks, but I feel that it may possibly give off a San Jose Shark vibe. Striping pays homage to early Ducks designs, however, I've shortened the waist stripe for a stylistic touch. Font is the same as they currently use.

Y7kf0Vp.png

Home/Away V2:

Same basic color scheme with this one, however, I've blended their current side striping in and have kept my straight line arm striping for consistency as opposed to their current curved arm stripes. I really do like their current sets and I think this could work well with the color scheme.

hdIwklB.png

Home/Away V3:

This is the same as V1, with the updated colors to include the eggplant purple. Instead of copying the exact jerseys from their inaugural season (which were pretty much perfect), I've switch some coloring on the striping and the numbers here and there to what I believe looks best.

gxS3Wyr.png

Home/Away V4:

Same as V2, just updated with the eggplant

bWwOQhh.png

Archived