SSmith48's 100 Post Special: Colorado Rapids in Puma

SSmith48

Hey guys-

It's hard for me to believe that is has already been 2 months since I joined, and I thought I needed a special project for my 100 post. The Colorado Rapids are owned by Kroenke Sports Enterprises, which also owns the English soccer team Arsenal. I decided to create what I think the Rapids could have switched to if the Rapids also had Puma. Of course Adidas is the sole manufacturer in the MLS, but if there was multiple manufacturers, I think Colorado would have Puma. Here is the home kit:

COL%20RAP%20PUMA%20CONCPT_zpsdhzik85c.pn

The template is an old Puma style, because it fit the concept perfectly. I also took the liberty of adding more claret, because there is not enough of it in any Rapids uniforms. The font is the base MLS font with simplified numbers, because they actually work better than the drop shadow ones. C&C would help, A road kit may be added, and depending on how this goes, I might start a new series. Thanks for your time!

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, elevationprint said:

Dont know who Conrad is, but I do know that your response was absolutely useless! Also, not sure what the dumbass star-trek meme was for. Why do I fail for asking a question?? If you don't know the answer, just scroll on.

The font in question is no longer available for personal useage as it's propriety to another organization. 

On to actual C&C: It could be cleaned up a little (limitations of the Paint program I suppose), but I really like the overall look. The only thing bugging me is the 2 color split on the numbers. I'm not sold on it and the powder blue is a little hard to see on the white shorts. 

24 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The font in question is no longer available for personal useage as it's propriety to another organization. 

On to actual C&C: It could be cleaned up a little (limitations of the Paint program I suppose), but I really like the overall look. The only thing bugging me is the 2 color split on the numbers. I'm not sold on it and the powder blue is a little hard to see on the white shorts. 

Thanks. Do {we} know the name of the font? I suppose its irrelevant now, but I am curious.
The design isnt mine. I was just asked if I could find the same font. I would just redraw it but I need to type other letters.

Based on that response, my guess is you were probably asked by a potential client about this, so I'm going to say that nobody here knows the name of/nor will name the font in question.

The C&C I left was for the original poster's design. With that said, let's switch gears from the font and move to discussing the concept which was posted. 

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Based on that response, my guess is you were probably asked by a potential client about this, so I'm going to say that nobody here knows the name of/nor will name the font in question.

The C&C I left was for the original poster's design. With that said, let's switch gears from the font and move to discussing the concept which was posted. 

You dont have to guess. I told you I was asked.

Kinda a tight-ass group here. Thanks for the time and straight answers I guess.

2 hours ago, elevationprint said:

You dont have to guess. I told you I was asked.

Kinda a tight-ass group here. I guess.

Holy crap dude.

This was posted more than a year ago. We have a rule on this board that you can't bump pages that have been dormant for more than 6 months. A lot of newbies do that, and it gets annoying.

Next, when a fellow poster ANSWERED your question, you didn't know what he was talking about, which also shows that you are new. Still, you were being super rude to him, and that's not cool. Plus, the reason his website was shut down is because people like you end up taking his work and using it as commercially. The fonts are for personal use only, and this is the reason we can't have nice things. 

Finally, being a jerk to other members doesn't fly around here. Calling someone a dumb-a** is not cool. Being snarky to a mod isn't cool either. the reason we are so tight is because that's what this board is all about. If we were sportsstats.net or something like that where we didn't focus on design then it would be different. But we do. If you even looked at this site more, there's a thread about finding fonts, and we would gladly help you there. But breaking at least 2 rules right off the bat doesn't help your case.

Fight me.

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

• Atomic locked this topic

Archived