MLB Rivalry Classics: Battle of St. Louis-Browns vs. Cardinals

Discrim

Once upon a time, St. Louis had two MLB teams. The problem was, though, that big league baseball was growing to the point that there was only room in town for one team. I take you back to the mid 40s, when a man with one leg and a mind filled to the brim with ideas ahead of their time was trying to ensure the last team standing under the Arch would be wearing brown. His vision of the club ruling a city's baseball scene would come to pass, just not how he envisioned it, exactly.

Browns

stlbrownsrivalry.png

On the tan roads, it didn't show up as well as I hoped it would, but I used double pinstripes. On the home whites, I used a brown-trimmed front pocket, similar to one found on a 1900s uniform. The older styled SL distinguishes the cap from the STL nowadays linked to the Cards. I'd originally had the Browns shield on the left sleeve, but decided to replace it with the Health patch, given the time period I was going for.

Cardinals

cardinalsrivalry2.png

Like my more modern effort a few months back, figured I'd aim for something one could imagine the 1940s Cards wearing for a special occasion.

The Remaining List:

Canada (Blue Jays vs Expos-90s)

Texas (Astros vs Rangers-2000s)

St. Louis (Cardinals vs Browns-40s)

Philly (Phillies vs A's-30s or 40s)

NYC (Dodgers vs Giants vs Yankees-mid 50s)

Beantown (Red Sox vs Braves-late 1940s)

I-94 (Brewers vs White Sox-1997)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Everything about these concepts is just beautiful. Love the fleur-de-lis on the Browns road and the front pocket on the home.

I like these Cardinals unis better than the ones you came up with for the Cards/Royals rivalry set. And that bird logo is fantastic. Is it new or based on something they used to wear?

What can we expect next in this series?

I like these Cardinals unis better than the ones you came up with for the Cards/Royals rivalry set. And that bird logo is fantastic. Is it new or based on something they used to wear?

Considering you liked that arch-sleeve set, that's high praise. The bird on bat I used is among the older Cards logos on the mothership, I simply elected to put it to use.

I gotta admit, my Birds look good in pinstripes. I like the idea you have with the Browns too, with them just wearing Brown and white and having orange for the roads, almost like the Tigers.

I'll tell ya what, a few years back, I'd posted a pinstriped Red Sox home alt (largely because I'd earlier posted a Yankees semi-fauxback that used some red and lacked pinstripes that I don't recall anybody liking) and it was received better than I thought it'd be. Seems this'll be the case again, especially given the Cubs weren't wearing pinstripes in the 40s.

2016cubscreamsig.png

The Brewers' last year in the AL, and the first year of the best set they've ever worn (which sadly coincided with some of their most pathetic collections of non-talent). Among things I know, I'll be incorporating bits and pieces of the minor league Brewers for at least the home set, and I won't be using scrambled eggs or using wheat as a script underscore (largely because I've been there, done that). Coco knows already, but I'm ready to tell the board that the Sox home set will have shorts, and one of the uniforms will use the Batterman.

2016cubscreamsig.png

The Brewers' last year in the AL, and the first year of the best set they've ever worn (which sadly coincided with some of their most pathetic collections of non-talent). Among things I know, I'll be incorporating bits and pieces of the minor league Brewers for at least the home set, and I won't be using scrambled eggs or using wheat as a script underscore (largely because I've been there, done that). Coco knows already, but I'm ready to tell the board that the Sox home set will have shorts, and one of the uniforms will use the Batterman.

Awesome. Looking forward to this set the most!

Pretty nice! Those Cards unis look great!

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Apparently no Mets Yanks to be included...oh well anyway love the Cardinals' uniforms.

Are you trolling? You've asked about this in just about every one of these rivalry concepts Discrim has posted and I keep telling you the Mets/Yankees concept was posted months ago.

Mets vs. Yankees - Subway Series

OMG I am so sorry I didn't realize it my bad Thank you for the link I feel very very very stupid right now. Thank You again

Apparently no Mets Yanks to be included...oh well anyway love the Cardinals' uniforms.

Are you trolling? You've asked about this in just about every one of these rivalry concepts Discrim has posted and I keep telling you the Mets/Yankees concept was posted months ago.

OMG I am so sorry I didn't realize it my bad Thank you for the link I feel very very very stupid right now. Thank You again

Sorry, I didn't mean to call you a troll. I'd just noticed you'd posted that same comment in several of these concept threads and I figured by now you would have come upon his Yankees/Mets concept.

Sorry, I didn't mean to call you a troll. I'd just noticed you'd posted that same comment in several of these concept threads and I figured by now you would have come upon his Yankees/Mets concept.

Its fine it was my bad again thank you for the link

• 3 weeks later...

Archived