Footy as Football - EPL Crossover Series

raysox

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changed Leicester again, fixed the direction the scruff went, and I realized the sponsor was wrong. The images may be too small to notice that the sponsors on the chest are the ones on each team's kits. Somewhere along the line, Swansea's was put on Leicester.

Southampton Saints

Every one's favorite south coast team is next.

Southampton is known as the Saints, so this was an easy concept. I thought up a logo with an S and a halo. The logo would be really easy, and their crest has a halo, so it wouldn't be far off from the current look.

I tried their best to incorporate their white stripes into the set without actually doing white vertical stripes. The black gave me a lot to play with to balance the red and white. Thick black lines on numbers and wording really pops off the red.

Southampton.png

Southampton2.png

Southampton3.png

Arsenal Gunners

So while I wait for Civilization: Beyond Earth to download, I decided to use some of my short time not working to post a bunch of these concepts. So Arsenal was easy, I just was going to update the cannon and match the kits. The cannon is pieced together from the current cannon, the Blue Jackets' cannon, and my concept for Charleston in the US Soccer 2030 project.

The uniforms match the typical red with white sleeves. I used blue as a trim, and threw in some white stripes to balance it all out. The fonts match the Puma font from the world cup, and since Arsenal is a Puma team, it seemed fitting.

Arsenal.png

Arsenal2.png

Arsenal3.png

All of these look nice, but shouldn't the Arsenal Gunners be the North London Gunners according to North American naming conventions since Arsenal isn't a place?

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I thought about that, but I felt like using the actual club name would work better. West Bromwich Baggies would make more sense than Birmingham Baggies. Same with Villa. It was just preference and to make each one more recognizable

I'm confused by what you are trying to say. I'm pretty sure I'm being an idiot and misinterpreting your post but are you saying that West Brom and Aston aren't places?

I'm confident that West Bromwich and Aston (it's a part of Birmingham) are places.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I would definitely suggest using arsenal

1. Because it sounds better

2. They have moved not spent their entirety in north London

Also to be clear it would be West Bromwich baggies not West Bromwich Albion baggies. The town is just West Bromwich. Albion is the ancient word for Britain

West Ham Hammers
The future tenants of the London's Olympic stadium better put some goalposts in!

So this was one of the first logos I sketched for the series. I wanted to have a hand holding a hammer, specifically the ones on the West Ham crest. I know the hammers in the crest are longer, and not the same as one you'd buy from Home Depot, but this series is completely fake as it is. I really like the claret and light blue, so these shades are slightly different than the ones Aston Villa use. The uniforms mirror what West Ham's kits look like traditionally, and the colors feed off each other to balance it all out.

WestHam.png

WestHam2.png

WestHam3.png

Watford Hornets

The 2nd place team from the Championship is the newest team I've done. The team is nicknamed the Hornets, but have a red deer as their logo. It has 100% to do with the colors of the team. I didn't want to throw away tradition, so I kept the deer idea. In a style like the LAFC bear and the Buffalo Bills logo, I did a stylized deer in one color to make it look strong, modern, and bold. I wanted to show motion with the deer, so I made it rear up on it's back legs, but I threw in a ground to show that it isn't flying or anything.

Before I did the logo, I had the idea to do an Eagles' type helmet logo, but with the antler. That's not even the wildest thing about the helmet. Half is yellow, half is black. The current crest is like that, so I split it in homage. I like the uniforms a lot, but a lot of that has to do with the colors. I tried my best to keep black on yellow, but did throw some red in the sleeve in an angled stripe like Nike has used a lot.

Watford.png

Watford2.png

Watford3.png

Old Watford jersey

I'm curious why you still went with the Stag design for the uniforms instead of a Hornet theme? I know that the Stag plays a big part in Watford's crest, but since your making new logos to replace the crests, why not give it a Hornet theme?

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

Tottenham Spurs

I had this sketched out very early on in this series.

For spurs, I wanted to keep the rooster theme, but make a more dynamic looking logo. I went with a sharp foot with a spur on the leg. I thought the foot would look really nice on a white helmet, so I designed it with the helmet in mind. The script is the Atlanta Hawks (old?) script, and I use it throughout.

The jerseys mock the kits in real life. I went white on top, navy on the bottom. I even through in some yellow to resemble the kits they've been wearing. The sleeves also feature a sash looking stripe, to mirror their current kits.

Tottenham.png

Tottenham2.png

Tottenham3.png

Archived