Footy as Football - EPL Crossover Series

raysox

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well what do you suggest I do? Like I'm all open to changing stuff when I like suggestions, but I can't do anything about it if I don't know what's wrong

Maybe use more black than white in the stripes and numbers, like their set:

Sunderland-v-Manchester-City-Premier-Lea

I don't follow soccer, so take that with a grain of salt.

ok, since you don't follow soccer I'll try to help you,

1. that is last years kit for man city not this years

2. thats navy blue in the photo not black, man city doesn't use black in their home kits

3. those numbers is a league wide font that all premier league teams play with

other than that, for the concept I think the blue is a little off, it feels a little to light

Thanks guys, gonna play with City a little this week.

Sunderland Black Cats
Hot off the presses, here is Sunderland!

The worst team in the league are nicknamed the Black Cats. Their logo has two panthers on it, so it was a good indication of what kind of logo I should make. The biggest issue was all the dark shades of black, which really was hard to see at times.

The kits are a hodge podge of classic football designs, with some sleeve stripes and a simple helmet stripe, I did my best to both stay true to Sunderland, and different from the other red and white teams I made.

Sunderland.png

Sunderland2.png

Sunderland3.png

Very nice work here, Raysox.

When I saw this on twitter, the fur and the outline appeareed to be the same color from my phone, so it looked like there was little to no difference in the colors. I can actually see the difference now that I'm on the desktop and it looks superb.

I believe my only suggestion would be to continue the striping style from the jersey + pants onto the helmet, although that might be overkill.

Again, solid work. I believe that this and the Magpies have got to be my favorites of the series.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Nice job with Sunderland. Like the logo and uniform.

P.S. Give us time and we'll get out of the bottom three

I think newcastle and sunderland are probably both going to go down, can you imagine that, no top tier football in the northeast of england, I could honestly see all three newly promoted clubs staying up

Thanks for all the kind words guys

Off topic, Sunderland and Stoke are my two least favorite teams in the league. I don't think they've done anything on the years I've been following, they just kind of take up space, and have the same kits. I was so excited that my ideal top 3 got promoted this year, and if that just keeps happening, I'll be a happy camper

I think some of the uniforms could take some inspiration from other things rather than just throwing some traditional stripes in team colours on. This of course doesn't detract from the great logos you have done. I just think Southampton and Sunderland are pretty interchangeable and it would do your logos more justice if you could implement 1 or 2 little things on each uniform to distinguish them. I do appreciate there isn't much in real life between them and also that it is impossible to put stripes on a football uniform.

Also, I feel similarly for Tottenham in that you could slap some Leeds logos and wordmark (for example) on it and nobody would know any different.

I guess what I am ultimately trying to say is that something like a small patch on the collar, on the back below the collar, sleeve, chest, helmet bumper decal, sticker on back of helmet etc. could help distinguish between some of the similar teams and also teams where it is difficult to migrate their soccer look onto a football template.

Most of these have been a great success in my eyes. I just wanted to provide what I thought was constructive criticism.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Thanks for being honest Marble! I have a few more ideas that I didn't think about it till the end(like pride stickers). But I just didn't want to do vertical stripes on all of them, just because it's not what NFL uniforms look like. Adding some logos and stuff would add more and you're right, I'll take that into consideration!

I may change Sunderland a little to make it different from Southampton

I have no knowledge if the team's history, but what if you tried making Southampton modern? Since they're the Black Cats, I'd put them in a mono-black getup with red numbers w/ white trim.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I have no knowledge if the team's history, but what if you tried making Southampton modern? Since they're the Black Cats, I'd put them in a mono-black getup with red numbers w/ white trim.

Sunderland has an iconic red and white striped shirt so a monochrome black wouldn't fit the club

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

I got an email a few months ago about a series idea. They basically asked if I was interested doing Football as Football, but the other way around. So basically, turning EPL teams into what they'd look like as NFL teams. I was like thanks, but I've been busy doing other series so I dunno when I'd get to it. But I finally came up with some ideas and went ahead and did some!

Norwich Canaries

I do probably way too many soccer crests, so doing something fresh and that would test my designer abilities. So starting from the bottom, here is what the EPL would look like with NFL inspired logos.

Norwich is known as the Canaries. They have a unique yellow and green color scheme, so this was going to be fun. I did my best to make a mean looking canary. I took some cues from Brandoise and the Ravens logo and created what you see below. The uniforms will mostly be based on the kits the teams use, so I got a new template and based the uniforms of the ones Norwich wore last year en route to being promoted to the EPL.

Norwich.png

Norwich2.png

Norwich3.png

I really need to get into the concepts forum more often... and of course you started with my team!!! I love the look for Norwich, but I can't disagree that the helmet needs more green. Perhaps making the helmet base green with a yellow facemask. Also, and I know Mockba can speak to this as he's done some redesigns of the Norwich City badge in the last few years, there's not a lot of uniformity with club's use of the green tone. Sometimes it is lighter, sometimes darker. Mockba's redesigns went darker, and the club's green shirts over the years (including this season) tend to trend darker. I personally prefer a darker green to increase the contrast with the yellow.

One simple suggestion... put "OTBC" on the back of the helmet.

Other than that, I'm cool with it... except perhaps the Aviva patch should be about 20x larger. ;)

Stoke Potters
Stoke is all about tradition and the fact they were formed in 1863, so I went super old school. I made a wishbone S, inspired by the bears. It was symmetric and felt like I could get away with it.

The uniforms are classic though. I thought a winged helmet would represent the traditional Stoke stripes in a way I hadn't yet. The uniforms are SUPER boring, but I felt like it was necessary on such a storied look. This one may not stand out like the others, but I thought that if any team could rock it, it would be Stoke.

Stoke.png

Stoke2.png

Stoke3.png

Archived