Footy as Football - EPL Crossover Series

raysox

Crystal Palace Eagles
This one was inspired to be different from all the other birds I had done. I wanted to do something bold, but keep it simple, just so the logo stands out. I did this one immediately after I did Manchester City, so I couldn't take some cues. I went with a logo inspired by the Atlanta Hawks, But added more detail and made it an actual eagle. What's funny is the current Palace crest is super detailed and modern

Palace honestly have some of my favorite kits, so the color balance had to be there. I couldn't do a half kit, but I did my best to put as much blue and red as I could. The helmets and pants are red with the jerseys blue. Each is accented by yellow just to make sure you don't forget about it.

Crystal.png

Crystal2.png

Crystal3.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aston Villa Villans
This has been approved by 2 different Villa fans!

So I was going to go with the lion head, but I needed to make it just the head, and add more definition. I completely redrew the head, and added some facial features. Keeping true to the crest, I put a star off to the northwest of the lion. I put a light blue outline on it so I could use the yellow JUST on the blue like the crest.

The uniform is different from the others, I went with a Patriots style uniform to reflect their kits and use checkers on the pants.

AstonVilla.png

AstonVilla2.png

AstonVilla3.png

Gotta say, you really nailed it with those last three concepts. I was looking forward to seeing what the wishbone S of Stoke would look like on the helmet, so I was totally surprised when you went with the winged helmet. If any of these teams could pull it off though, it would be the Potters. And it's good you kept them simple - I don't think they're too boring and I'm always a big fan of simplicity. For Crystal Palace, I'm not 100% sold on the logo (maybe a white circle bg instead of red to be more similar to Pac-Hawk?), but the uniforms are fantastic, and they've actually given me some inspiration for a concept I've been a little stuck on. As for Villa, nothing to complain about, all-around gorgeous. The only thing worth nothing is that the helmet stripe looks a little weird with the checker pattern due to it somewhat looking uneven. The only solution I can think of would be to make it three rows of checkers instead of two, but then it might get too close to each other and possible make it worse (plus you'd have to change the pants stripe also, and I really like how that looks right now). All in all, very clean logos and uniforms for each of them, and I can't wait to see what you do with the last few, especially Everton and Liverpool!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Nice job with Sunderland. Like the logo and uniform.

P.S. Give us time and we'll get out of the bottom three

I think newcastle and sunderland are probably both going to go down, can you imagine that, no top tier football in the northeast of england, I could honestly see all three newly promoted clubs staying up

Middlesbrough might win promotion this year in the Championship so the Northeast can still have representation next year in the Premier League.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Nice job with Sunderland. Like the logo and uniform.

P.S. Give us time and we'll get out of the bottom three

I think newcastle and sunderland are probably both going to go down, can you imagine that, no top tier football in the northeast of england, I could honestly see all three newly promoted clubs staying up

Middlesbrough might win promotion this year in the Championship so the Northeast can still have representation next year in the Premier League.

it might be better if all of them are in the championship next year so they can all play each other. I almost think its more likely that newcastle and sunderland will both get relegated than middlesborough getting promoted

It's quite a dramatic change to see a simple logo with a heavy stroke for Crystal Palace. As you pointed out, their current identity is very detailed. I really love the uniform, but I almost wish for an eagle head in a similar style to their current logo. That isn't to diminish the quality of your design.

Untitled-1_zpsjn8inbhy.png

Everton Toffees
I really wanted to put the tower on this, but it just wasnt working.

I figured that I could make a boring E logo and carry on like they were the Colts. The helmets have wreaths as pride stickers on the back, something I haven't used yet. The uniforms are a mix of classic and modern. Plain white pants, and abnormal white stripes on the sleeves with the Broncos number font.

Everton.png

Everton2.png

Everton3.png

Archived