New Fictional Sports League: United Reflex League (Nashville/Arizona/Portland Logos - 3/4/16)

Wildcomet

The URL is pleased to unveil the logo of the league's first team, the Austin Steampunks!

The name and logo are inspired by the burgeoning steampunk sub-culture that has developed around Austin. Airships like this are commonly depicted in the genre. The colors are inspired by wood, fabric, and corroded copper (like the Statue of Liberty); common materials used in steampunk-style technology. Hope you all enjoy!

AUS%20Steampunks%20Logo_zpscugrvsb3.png

8/12/15: Added Austin's secondary logo here for easy locating.

AUS%20Steampunks%202ndary%20Logo_zpsonb0

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm working on a uniform template (never done uniforms other than American football before) so uniforms will be coming out later on; I'm going to keep rolling with logos for now. I'm unsure about doing team courts with the uniforms, others have done that so I wasn't sure if I should considering my court looks pretty similar to the PDC court already.

I linked the updated locations list to fix the spelling error and I decided to move San Antonio to Albuquerque; I hadn't realized how close Austin and San Antonio were to each other.

I'll be posting the next team logo soon. Thanks again for the feedback!

I really like the color scheme for Austin. Very different, which is good. The name and logo are both very good too. I'm glad you moved San Antonio to Albuquerque, not only because I'm from there :), but also because it gives the league another state and the team is not so close to Austin. Also, I think it would be pretty nice if you could do team specific courts. Although the court is similar to the PDC, it's not the same and you can still make court designs if you wanted to.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Since it sounds like people are happy with the Austin Steampunks logo, I figured I'd move on and post the next URL team name and logo. Say hello to the Milwaukee Nightriders!

I went with a motorcycle theme due to Milwaukee's history with Harley Davidson (who's logo initially inspired this one). The skull in the logo is an allusion to Ghost Rider to go along with the biker theme. The colors are meant to invoke cooler colors one might typically see at night, while still contrasting with each other and should make for a unique look in the URL.

MKE%20Nightriders%20Logo_zps8k4sphgx.png

Thanks for the feedback guys! I decided to try out both of your suggestions for 2nd version of the Nightriders logo. I removed the top of the skull (not a phrase I get to use often), and put the tire tread pattern in the background. To keep the color balance looking good to me- the main reason I included the top of the skull actually- I changed Milwaukee from the purple shade to the green. What do you think, better or worse?

MKE%20Nightriders%20Logo%20v2_zpsqrkebl0

8/12/15: Added Milwaukee's secondary logo here for easy locating.

MKE%20Nightriders%202ndary%20Logo_zpsfjy

What does the title say 7/22? You've done 2.

I meant that to be the date I posted the last team logo...which I admittedly forgot to update this morning when I posted the new version of Milwaukee. I fixed that to say it was updated today.

Sounds like people are pretty happy with Milwaukee's logo after the revisions, I'm going to keep going with the logo. We now introduce the newest URL team, the Atlanta Alphas!

I decided to keep this logo simple and clean. The name and logo are alluding to the city's history with the Olympics, and nicknames such as "A-Town". The colors are taken from the city's flag. Hope you all like!

ATL%20Alphas%20Logo_zps1as5lwcz.png

8/12/15: Added the Alphas secondary logo here for easy locating.

ATL%20Alphas%202ndary%20Logo_zpscjmmggns

Archived