Survivor Series Quarterfinals, Round 1

nitroseed

Might need to pin this somehow if any mods are reading this (pin the right one this time, Sy!) :D

Hey Sy, pay attention and do your job! :D

(rises to full height) "Nitroseed Baggins! Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap topic pins!"

I'd like to limit the Survivor Series to one pin at a time... I don't want to show extreme favouritism toward the Survivor Series (in comparison to other contests and the work of others in general). So if you'd like to replace the rules topic iwth this one, that can be arranged.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm. Okay, well go ahead and switch them then. The rules are being linked to from the challenge thread so I don't suppose they need to be pinned.

At any rate, I'm going to clarify the challenge for the sake of those who are a little confused as to what this all means. By a personal logo, I mean something similar to what David Beckham unveiled a few months back as his "personal logo." See here:

logo.gif

Now, since I asked for a primary, secondary and wordmark, you'll have to adapt the concept a little. Keep in mind: I'm not saying you have to mimick the style of Beckham's mark, just the concept of a logo representing the essence of whatever person it's intended for... in this case, Chris Creamer. You have to stretch that idea out across three separate marks. That's the challenge. :) And no, you cannot consult Chris about ideas. That's also part of the challenge. Work with what you know about him.

I'll be happy to clarify this further if anyone is still confused.

I do believe your Nemesis icon still says "Advancements," but the team name has changed to Nemesis Design Alliance... ^_^

haha, i was hoping you wouldnt notice that. im just too lazy to make new ones....that and theyre incredibly small to begin with so its not that big a deal.

I got bad news :(

I need to go out of town for a week in a last-minute emergency. I'm extremely sorry for the lack of advance in this, especially to my teammates here.

I should be back around the 25th.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Our team wont threaten to bed your lady.

THAT sounds more like a team you'd want to be a part of!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Still waiting for a few teams to pitch for my support- could just be the thing to push your team over the edge!!

just not sure whioch edge!

if you don't support us, we'll make love to your girl!

there, that's my pitch.

If I had a girl at the moment that would be a perfect pitch, as it is... well befre I sound too much like a sad loner I will leave it! :cry:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Still waiting for a few teams to pitch for my support- could just be the thing to push your team over the edge!!

just not sure whioch edge!

if you don't support us, we'll make love to your girl!

there, that's my pitch.

If I had a girl at the moment that would be a perfect pitch, as it is... well befre I sound too much like a sad loner I will leave it! :cry:

then we will get down with all your past ladies, all your future ladies, and all your imaginary ladies.

it's all good.

join the fun!

I got bad news :(

I need to go out of town for a week in a last-minute emergency. I'm extremely sorry for the lack of advance in this, especially to my teammates here.

I should be back around the 25th.

Alright, here's how I'm going to handle this:

I'm going to give Braden's teammates (Vic and CityOfWalrus) a choice. They can either:

1) allow Braden to stay on their team and compete in a 3-on-2 situation for this round,

or

2) boot Braden and replace him with tajmccall.

Your choice, guys. I'd prefer a decision by the end of the day (11:59pm EST, 7/19) if ya don't mind.

Okay... I have an update on the interminable drama that seems to plague Team Darkhorse.

Vicfurth PM'ed me and stated that he needed to drop out of the contest due to him being too busy. Since the decision on Braden's status was delegated to CityOfWalrus and Vic, and with Vic now out, that leaves the decision to CityOfWalrus, who informed me earlier of his choice to let Braden go and accept tajmccall as his new teammate.

So, taj, buddy, you finally made it! :D

Now... that still leaves one extra spot open on this team, which I have just drawn for, and that spot will go to... jpslapshot! So, here is the new Team 3:

CityOfWalrus / tajmccall / jpslapshot

Given that none of the original members of Team 3 are left, I'm removing the "Darkhorse" moniker, and allowing them the opportunity to come up with a new name and logo.

You guys better get together pretty quick, because the deadline is Thursday night! Good luck guys!

And the hits keep on coming...

CityOfWalrus has informed me that he no longer has the time available to commit to the tournament, so he is dropping out. This poor team can't keep a three-man unit together.

Since this is the umpteenth time I've had to adjust this team's roster due to various reasons, I'm not going to draw for an alternate this time. I don't want to risk getting an unreliable replacement. (Not saying our alternates are unreliable, but I just don't want to risk it.) I'm going to fill the spot on a first come, first serve basis. If you want it, post on this thread. BUT you better be dependable and have the free time to be able to do this. I really don't want to have any other breakdowns with this team. The next replacements I have to make will be hand selected by me based on who I feel is active enough to make a suitable replacement.

So, like I said, you want it, come get it. Whoever gets it will be teaming with tajmccall and jpslapshot.

As an official member of the team with no permanent name, I hereby announce the hiring of Frank Robinson to be our manager and consigliere, and the team will be henceforth known as the Montreal/Portland/San Juan/Virginia/D.C. Expos/Senators/Nomads and be placed under the governing control of Nitroseed and the rest of the teams in the Survivor Series.

or maybe not

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Done! And the most dysfunctional team in the Survivor Series, version 3.2 I believe, is now made up of tajmccall, jpslapshot22, and United Waffles. Good luck, and for goodness sake, stay together this time! B) You guys can get me a name and logo whenever you like.

Archived