The Detroit News ranks the uniforms of the NHL

charger77

Kulfan considered only the teams' standard home and away uniforms; no alternate or special jerseys,

Post #7

635727433683084434-Flyers.jpg

Post #25

25. Washington Capitals: It's hard to go wrong with red, white and blue, but the Capitals' jersey is just too busy. Maybe losing the stars would help.

635724296799950515-capitals.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Their main objection to the Sharks is that they're teal and they claim it doesn't work? I'm sorry but that's been the defining characteristic of their uniforms for over 20 years now, and it's worked wonderfully since day 1.

All in all, I genuinely thought "not too bad a list" until I saw the Predators ranked #11, and the Ducks ranked #16. The Ducks don't even belong in the top 30; I'd rank them out of the NHL and in between a few AHL messes, for pete's sake.

It's pretty hard to rank NHL uniforms, because I truly think there are so many good ones. But that also means it shouldn't be hard to catch the few bad ones and throw them into their rightful place in the bottom crap zone.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

He still has the Blues in their old gear. Discount this list immediately!

I was gonna mention the Blues. This list was not thorough enough for this crowd. And I'd guess if he was looking at the current Blues uniform, he'd have rated it higher.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Very spot on with the Canucks' 24th place ranking. The orca logo, simply, is not the right fit.

635724939418850242-GettyImages-470146756

Looking at this picture now, I'm thankful Benning and co will not be making any changes. That is a beautiful uniform and it certainly deserves better than the #24 slot. Worse than the Hurricanes, Panthers, Preds or Ducks? Please...

Homer alert: Sabres at 27? Even with the piping, it should rate much higher than that!

I was happy with their ranking. The piping within the logo screams "out of touch designers made this."

Tampa should be higher IMO - love how they embraced such a clean & simplistic look. Part of me thinks the whole RBK Edge disaster was meant to shift teams in the direction Tampa has found.

Very spot on with the Canucks' 24th place ranking. The orca logo, simply, is not the right fit.

635724939418850242-GettyImages-470146756

Looking at this picture now, I'm thankful Benning and co will not be making any changes. That is a beautiful uniform and it certainly deserves better than the #24 slot. Worse than the Hurricanes, Panthers, Preds or Ducks? Please...

No question, the Canucks' overall uniform design is beautiful. Great colours and simple traditional striping. It's those elements that prevent the Canucks from being ranked lower. If the club had the Stick in Rink or Johnny Canuck along with traditional block font, the club would be ranked in the top 10.

Homer alert: Sabres at 27? Even with the piping, it should rate much higher than that!

I was happy with their ranking. The piping within the logo screams "out of touch designers made this."

Tampa should be higher IMO - love how they embraced such a clean & simplistic look. Part of me thinks the whole RBK Edge disaster was meant to shift teams in the direction Tampa has found.

i can get bottom half, but not 27. not by a long shot.

Especially considering that Ottawa was higher.

I was okay, and half expecting the O6 to be top but the rest are just wow

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

His #29 Sharks is wrong.

They're easily top 20. Would be top 10 with their original, sharper logo.

Yeah a day after reading this I'm still floored by his ranking the Sharks so low, primarily because they have a unique color that has always looked good on them. Meanwhile he praises the Hurricanes?

Archived