Maritime United FC

wquarton

Designed a logo for an soccer team to represent the maritimes, which would probably be centered in Halifax, but have games in other Maritime cities, in order to represent the whole Maritimes. Tried to keep it fairly simple, colour wise. C/C?

MrPqYBV.jpg

Sorry I'm not sure if this is working, I'm still figuring this thing out.

Thanks in advance for any feedback :D

It looks like you're pretty new to the boards, so welcome. :)

The logo doesn't read soccer so much as hockey or maybe baseball. I'd look to the soccer world for examples of crests as inspiration. Beyond that, the anchors are overkill. I don't think the double-lined Blue Jays-style font is reading very well. I'd shrink the word "Maritime" so that it fits inside the helm as neatly as "United" does. The handles of the helm are way too detailed, that delicate edging where the handle meets the helm will disappear completely if the logo is shrunken anymore. On which point, the ship is a bit too detailed.

rATMcmK.png

I love the elements of the design. There are some minor things to tweak, such as eliminating the very small details that may not work so well on an actual badge. But this has good potential.

Untitled-1_zpsjn8inbhy.png

The logo looks great, the colors are nice, but the name is not great. Also, I don't like the idea of them playing in Maritime cities, just have them focus on one city, like Halifax.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived