Las Vegas Aces NHL Expansion

TrueNorth13

http://imgur.com/a/ZVjZA

I created this Las Vegas NHL Expansion concept before I heard the news that Las Vegas is going for the name Black Knights. I had a better idea for Aces anyway. I got the idea for the primary logo from a different concept I saw, but I added the Vegas star into the spade. I'm more proud of the logos then the uniforms, so any C&C on it, especially the jerseys, would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also, all the help I have received for posting the direct picture has not been too helpful. I'm working on a Macbook, and the site claims that the image extension isn't supported. If someone could help with that, that would be awesome.

edit: nevermind, I saw sparky's differently in my head. Sorry about that. Where Ive seen a similar script is the Reno Aces minor league baseball. Even so, it needs some work.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

I think it looks good, but maybe it looks too much like an AHL team.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I agree that maybe you could consider changing the font. It does make it seem a little baseball-esque.

The primary logo is a tad busy. You may want to think about defining the text 'Aces' more by having a more pronounced yellow outline. I think the spade is kinda cool as a logo on its own actually without Aces over it. Maybe with a puck going through it or something.

spacer.png

The proportions on the LV sign star are wrong. The front 4-point part is actually taller than it is wide. Just check a google image search to see what I'm referring to. It should be an easy fix.

I also agree the font screams Reno Aces so it would be a good idea to change it.

Lastly the LV gets lost in the star when viewed as a small image. The colors are too similar even with an outline. So just play around with the color combos until the LV stands out

Archived