Sign in to follow this  
flyersfan

NCAAF Rivalries by Adidas

Hello! Please don't be frustrated with all my recent concepts. I have started a series that I think is my favorite that I've done so far. College football rivalries. All jerseys will be sponsored by adidas and all uniforms are to be worn only against the other team. Yes, if a team has multiple rivalries such as ohio state, they will get two separate uniforms. I wanted to make these a colorful as possible, and make the two colors clash enough. Some will be tacky, but others will be very simple. I hope you enjoy! If you have any rivalries you want me to create, please tell me! I am a die-hard Penn State fan, so I don't know what schools hate others. I just browse the web for historic rivalries. Well please give requests! Thanks!

YES: Most teams are not Adidas, but this is a "what if" concept. Imagine Adidas put in a ton of money so the to series were all Adidas. They had so much that they were practically buying out games individually

Numbers are the ones found on the teams unis, this can help serve as a guide so that you know where to find your team! enjoy!!!

1) Penn State - Ohio State

2) Arkansas - LSU

PENN STATE - OHIO STATE

0jSE0Q2.png

ARKANSAS - LSU

cXgqTZH.jpg

PSU, OSU, and Arkansas are just you using the paint bucket tool. Get creative. LSU's stripes look out of place, they just float there.

Penn State - Never change their uniform, which you did not, so that's good

Ohio State - Needs white on the jersey

Arkansas - Lose the shoulder filling, and it looks just like Ohio State

LSU - Put a white outline on the number, or reverse it to a white number with a purple outline

Overall, besides Penn State, there is not much creativity for three schools that can succeed with a little spark to their uniforms

These are all uninspired and just paint bucket filled.

All the stripes on these uniforms are drawn in. The only template lines are the grey lines you can see

This is actually accurate to Adidas's previous techfit template.. The newer one also has the addition of shoulder cap sleeves (just another additional seam where the border of the "sleeve" would be - like tcu's colored cap sleeves).. Perhaps incorporate that additional detail as well to give yourself some more versatility with your design.. Adidas's techfit was previously just a Tennessee Titans template, so these are actually realistically done, but now you have an additional option for color and design alternatives.. I'd suggest adapting another template to your cause if possible, because the cheapness of the one you're using - plus the limitations of Adidas's template, are contributing to a lackluster presentation that isn't doing your concept any justice.. I actually like what you've done so far and where this is headed, but you aren't doing yourself any favors with this presentation.. I hope this helps

All the stripes on these uniforms are drawn in. The only template lines are the grey lines you can see

No one is debating the template, we are stating that all you are doing is filling different parts of the template outside of LSU that has just some floating stripes

As others have mentioned, these are extremely uninspired and lack creativity. So far these don't feature really any unique and school specific details, and instead you are just filling in a template with the colors of the respective schools. If you want to get some more positive feedback, then be creative! Show what you can do besides just using the fill tool, and I promise you your results will be much better, and the number of critics will go down.

This is just okay. That's all you will get.

Is this getting any better here? This one is a work in progress, can I have C+C?

1QQrlyM.png

Oklahoma:

Red River Rivalry Oklahoma v. Texas

Bedlam Game Oklahoma v. Oklahoma State

I love the Ohio State stripes. Is the silver metallic or flat? I would add a logo to the LSU Helmet. It seems a little plain. As for Oregon State.................

...........No.

Looking forward to the rest of this series though!

Oregon state hasn't been done yet haha

You have the Oregon O on the jersey three different places - the chest placement doesn't make any sense to me. The OREGON wordmark on the chest and the adidas logo overlap. The helmet stripe is extremely thick and distracting from the rest of the uniform. Look at their carbon fiber helmets - those have words on the stripe and are much much smaller.

Look, quit trying to crank out a dozen concepts a day. You've been on here just over a month, you should know the quality of concepts that go on this board by now.

I have less of an issue with the Oregon concept than most. The wordmark on the chest definitely needs to be moved down and offering contrast to the jersey and adidas logo. Maybe a combination of a chain-maille/feather pattern on the sleeves with the O logo sublimated out of that as a solid could work. The number should have a bit more weight since removing (it should be removed) the sublimated O will vastly simplify the jersey, it will help to balance out the look. I don't have an issue with the big Oregon striping of the helmet.

Just some ideas from a Duck fan.

I was hoping so. I seriously thought it might be a "white-out" uniform.

I hate to say this, but honestly your Oregon uniform is your worst yet. I'll give you credit, you did try to be creative atleast, but your execution is just not good. The sublimated "O" doesn't look good at all, and you're using the Netherlands soccer font, which makes zero sense. The logo on the helmet and sleeves is scrunched up for some reason, and the wordmark on the jersey is overlapping the Adidas logo. These all may seem like small details to you, which they are, but they make or break a uniform and in this instance they are definitely breaking it. Pay attention to details, be creative but also stay realistic, and take your time. As others have said, you have been pushing out a ton of concepts recently, but the quality hasn't really been there for any of them. You should know by now that rush jobs like these will get some hate on here, but a quick fix is just to look at the quality of other people's concepts and try to make sure your concepts are of a similar quality.

Is this getting any better here? This one is a work in progress, can I have C+C?

1QQrlyM.png

The O on the chest makes no sense, the number is ugly. The writing on the helmet- no. plus, I didn't realize that OSU wasn't done until you said: