Australian Rules Football (AFL) Concepts -------BIG UPDATE page 3------- C&C NEEDED!

flyersfan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any suggestions for port and freo?

YES: Don't change a thing about Port.... it's absolutely fantastic, and one of the more creative pattern.

p.s.: IMO, Footy players are the best athletes of all sport... Find me that combination of muscular strength and aerobic/speed endurance in any other sport...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Port Adelaide is my favorite so far, but I agree these are all a bit too tame. Give us something interesting to look at!

Clubs in the AFL tend to do little in regards to changing home kit designs, they keep them as close to their traditional design as possible. Most changes are very minor, generally only there because of the manufacturers templates, which do vary from club to club as each club is sponsored by manufacturers individually, not one manufacturer sponsors the whole league. Away and clash jumpers is where you'll often get the more 'showy' jumpers.

Take a look through this website and you'll see what I mean.

http://footyjumpers.com/

Maybe for this thread, the best option would be to have home jumpers with very subtle differences, and also include away/ clash designs which can be the more creative designs.

ive been using that footyjumpers.com to help with my research of past unis, and im trying to add a bit more flare to the current homes. its teams like adeaide where is am at a loss of what I can do to change them up.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Port Adelaide is my favorite so far, but I agree these are all a bit too tame. Give us something interesting to look at!

Clubs in the AFL tend to do little in regards to changing home kit designs, they keep them as close to their traditional design as possible. Most changes are very minor, generally only there because of the manufacturers templates, which do vary from club to club as each club is sponsored by manufacturers individually, not one manufacturer sponsors the whole league. Away and clash jumpers is where you'll often get the more 'showy' jumpers.

Take a look through this website and you'll see what I mean.

http://footyjumpers.com/

Maybe for this thread, the best option would be to have home jumpers with very subtle differences, and also include away/ clash designs which can be the more creative designs.

Thanks for the link. This place has it all!

Here is a full Carlton set:

xkqGIYK.jpg

C2JzcGu.jpg

The grey lines on the home's one sock are not supposed to be there, just a heads up

I love the TATC style with the clash jumper.

Here's a new hawthorn set, and a 3 guernsey western Bulldogs set! It's a W for western on the jerseys, if you pick up on it. A modern twist on their Classic look

Hawthorn

lzmh2aS.jpg

5EM3u37.jpg

Western Bulldogs

1xYicFx.jpg

A2bELnI.jpg

7RgSqEv.jpg

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

i like the few last ones better. I tend to like creative", "out there" concepts. I know that it goeas against the AFL fans' classic mentality, but these are CONCEPTS, so don't be afraid to "step outside of the box".

@Frenchie_TO

You're improving. Even if I'm not liking most of the concepts. (Two different graphics in the same jersey look awful IMHO).

That Carlton Clash could have more of the logo, dropping the side panels, and the W of bulldogs could have been more subtle.

i like the few last ones better. I tend to like creative", "out there" concepts. I know that it goeas against the AFL fans' classic mentality, but these are CONCEPTS, so don't be afraid to "step outside of the box".

Which ones do you like better?

You're improving. Even if I'm not liking most of the concepts. (Two different graphics in the same jersey look awful IMHO).

That Carlton Clash could have more of the logo, dropping the side panels, and the W of bulldogs could have been more subtle.

I kept the side panels because it needed blue, since they are known as the blues... That's my reasoning

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I wish I could give better comments, but while I have a basic knowledge of footy I know very little about the AFL so it's hard to comment on the league's design traditions or anything like that. I will say that it looks like you're giving teams striping that is more unique than what I've seen for AFL teams right now which I think is a good idea and something to continue developing.

For the Carlton away set, you could maybe remove the left side panel next to the logo, enlarge the logo and shift it towards the side of the jersey so that the vertical line of the F in the logo lines up with where the side panel is currently. That way the logo could also do the job you intended the side panel to do. I would keep the other side panel where it is. It would be an asymmetrical look but still balanced I think, which could work well and be pretty unique for the AFL.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

I'd love to see you throw in a light gold colour on the Carlton clash.Its part of the club's history and it looks great as a clash (or Alternative strip as you Americans say)kit.

I'd love to see you throw in a light gold colour on the Carlton clash.Its part of the club's history and it looks great as a clash (or Alternative strip as you Americans say)kit.

"alternate". But yeah I'll look into that.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Which ones do you like better?

Like I said Port is perfect, and I like your most recent "checkered" Hawthorn.

I also like the oversized Carlton logo. I did a similar concept with my fantasy team, won't post it, don't want to hijack your post.

@Frenchie_TO

Archived