MLB Expansion Short Series- Team 4- Charlotte 8/29 Mexico city updated

Blackhawks#9

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are correct, the Suns will join the AL west and the Expos will rejoin the NL east.

How about giving the AL West two teams and sending the Astros back to the National League where they were for half a century?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ok, so the astros will move to the NL West. Team 3 will join the AL west. Team 3 is below-

mc%20toros%20wallpaper_zps4guggydy.pngLogosheet

mc%20toros%20logosheet_zpspic4rdep.pngUniforms- home, away, home and road alternate.

mc%20toros%20unis_zpsl6nrkc4k.png

Well, what do YOU think of these? Does this look like the sort of thing a Major League team could wear? Personally, I'd go with one font for the wordmark and cap logo. The colors are nice, and so is the idea with the horns, but a nice font could go a long way to unifying their identity.

A couple of things:

- I like the overall concept--the team name, the logo with horns, and the Mexican flag colors

- The white stripes on the road and alternate sleeves stick out like a sore thumb.

- Like BigRed already said, the font is a little pedestrian.

- What if you made the "M" italicized like the Minnesota Twins logo?

• 2 weeks later...

I would say there needs to be a Mexico City wordmark on the away jersey

Might I suggest it just say "México"? You may want to look at some of the branding subtleties of the Diablos Rojos (the Mexican League team in Mexico City) — technically, Los Diablos Rojos del México (note the "del", not "de"; I assume the team is named after the Valle de México which would make a lot of geographic and regional sense).

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, I had some family vacations and a laptop malfunction, but I did finish a new team. I didn't have time to edit Mexico City, but I'll try to do that today.

I have an idea for an expansion city: It's Charlotte, go with something NASCAR related for the region since Stock Car Racing plays a big role in the culture of the Carolinas, oh and go for a Carolina Blue color

Well I followed everything except the carolina blue, here it is. They will be joining the AL east, so maybe some new rivalry for Baltimore.

racers%20logos_zpssgexf4tu.png

racers%20unis_zpsipq2etq7.png

CottonBowl_zpsf43ff307.png

So I went back to the drawing board with Mexico City, going in a completely different direction with the scripts and logos. I think it looks better, but I would appreciate some C&C. If you look at the T logo, there is a subtle bull head in there (I did that on accident, but thought it looked good).

torosss_zps32towt6t.png

toros_zpsogcnr4ws.png

CottonBowl_zpsf43ff307.png

So I went back to the drawing board with Mexico City, going in a completely different direction with the scripts and logos. I think it looks better, but I would appreciate some C&C. If you look at the T logo, there is a subtle bull head in there (I did that on accident, but thought it looked good).

torosss_zps32towt6t.png

toros_zpsogcnr4ws.png

That is a GORGEOUS wordmark for the Toros. NOW they look like a real MLB team. Amazing improvement.

A few things:

- I'd lose the horns on the "M" logo. They look tacked on, and the cap with the "M" logo you created proves the logo looks better without them.

- I actually preferred the green alternate in the original concept to the red one in this update, but I could go either way.

I like the idea behind the Racers. My issue with the concept is that it doesn't feel "baseball-y" enough. Red and black is a nice color scheme, and I like the checkered flag motif, but nothing about the concept really stands out to me. A couple suggestions:

- Have the lines of the checkered squares in the logo follow the angles of the "C."

- Maybe the bar underneath the "RACERS" wordmark could form the shape of a bat?

- The black alternate looks like a batting practice jersey. If that was your intent, that's fine, but if not, it feels like it's missing something.

- I'm personally not a fan of vests, but seeing as how a lot of NASCAR driver suits have different colored sleeves from the rest of the driver's jacket, you could toy around with the idea of a red alternate with black sleeves or visa versa to create that allusion.

What if the "C" for Indy was folded like a racing flag? This may be hard to explain, more layered like...

banderas-hi.png (Example of what I mean, difficult to explain...)

What If you also made the checkers are an angle instead of flat on? It almost looks like a transparent background the current way.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived