Jazz officially will be changing primary logo to the Jazz note logo

48erhater

Good. I love the mountain logo, but one recolor too many killed it. It also was showing its age a bit, the fading perspective on "Jazz" was very 90's. I'm not the biggest fan of the full J-Note logo (the J-Note's an excellent secondary, and that's about it) or the colors, but they do fit together nicely.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Hopefully they can come up with something good as a new secondary then. I wish they'd bring the purple back too.

Roundel.

Shoot...you're probably right. I try not to think about roundels since they are now helping water down looks league wise. Roundels should stay in soccer where they belong.

The Jazz have had one of the more confusing, incohesive NBA identities for the last few years when they reintroduced the J-note logo but still couldn't fully part with the 3D mountain logo. It's good they seem to have finally realized that they have to pick one or the other, and I'd say going with the J-note logo is the right move, especially with the current color scheme.

Their current color scheme is dreadful. The colors are too dark and the navy blue and dark green really don't work well together at all. The color scheme really has no meaning either. Personally, I wish they would bring back the navy, light blue, and purple color scheme they had prior to their current color scheme but use the current music note identity.

Archived