Jazz officially will be changing primary logo to the Jazz note logo

48erhater

Patsox is right, that colour scheme just isn't working as presently constituted. A lighter shade of green would make a world of difference.

Or even a lighter shade of blue. I wouldn't mind seeing the Jazz go to a Royal/Green/Yellow color scheme if they insist on wearing blue. But going to purple and emphasizing white and green over yellow* would be best. The uniforms are fine IMO, and as Djruggs has shown, the Jazz can swap out navy for purple without drastically changing the uniform set.^ (The current uniform template works for just about every color scheme the Jazz have employed when simplified to 3 colors; I may have to post some photoshopped pictures to illustrate.)

*So not as to get merchandise confused with the Lakers, as was common with pre-1996 apparell.

^Maybe throw some mountains on the bottom of the pants stripes and some tweaks, like the wordmarks and perhaps stripe width, but that's about it.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I came into this world a Jazz fan, and i'll leave this world a Jazz fan.

As one loyal fan in my own opinion; the current note/secondary logo, the colors, uniforms, court has been their best identity they've ever had!

Yes, the purple was nice, but I feel like navy blue fits the team better.

I do agree with the article the court is a bland, but it's not that terrible.

Also, I'm sick of the NBA rules of "City name" has to be on the main logo. I feel adding "Utah" to the secondary mark, soon to be primary mark, will actually weaken the logo.

As for the mountain logo; they should've retired it after they recolored it after the navy and light blue version. There was no reason for a third version of the logo.

I see merchandise at the arena all the time that has both the mountain and music note logo on it. They look horrible! Just stick with the note logo!

I'm so happy they will be getting rid of the mountain logo. Yes, it was classic, and great memories with that logo. However, the note logo is perfect, and I feel it needs no changes. I too am interested in seeing what a new secondary mark will look like.

I'll see if I can throw together a few mock-ups and post them in the "concepts" forum soon.

I know most like the note logo but I prefer the mountain logo. It's to bad there color scheme never worked with it after 2010 and the jerseys went way downhill starting in 2005.

From the president of Larry H. Miller Sports and Entertainment Steve Starks, no changes are happening this offseason. Looks like it's going to be next offseason. I'm kind of relieved, as this hopefully this gives them time to get it right.

While I'm at it, I'll post a couple quick-n-dirty concepts, mainly just adding "Utah" to their note logo using a font similar to the "Utah Jazz" baseline on their current court while skewing it to run flush with the second "z.":

20003866515_423167153f.jpg

And, a slightly recolored logo with a "best-of-both-worlds" color scheme I'd recommend, replacing navy with a darker purple, dark green with Kelly green, and the display-only gray in the logo above with a light blue to make way for a possible purple/light blue alternate:

20003866405_fbd936363d.jpg

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

From the president of Larry H. Miller Sports and Entertainment Steve Starks, no changes are happening this offseason. Looks like it's going to be next offseason. I'm kind of relieved, as this hopefully this gives them time to get it right.

While I'm at it, I'll post a couple quick-n-dirty concepts, mainly just adding "Utah" to their note logo using a font similar to the "Utah Jazz" baseline on their current court while skewing it to run flush with the second "z.":

And, a slightly recolored logo with a "best-of-both-worlds" color scheme I'd recommend, replacing navy with a darker purple, dark green with Kelly green, and the display-only gray in the logo above with a light blue to make way for a possible purple/light blue alternate:

I will bet all the money in my bank account that the primary will be a roundel.

I will bet all the money in my bank account that the primary will be a roundel.

Where do I sign up for this bet?

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• 2 weeks later...

Archived