2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

Maybe I'm the only one that wants a rematch of either of the last two SBs. I like when there's dominant teams and since there's no lovable underdog IMO that's what I'll be rooting for. And by rooting, I mean seeing highlights after the games are over because I probably won't watch 5 minutes of playoffs until the SB, and even then I'll be playing cards through part of it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC Wild Card

Pittsburgh over Cincinnati (Poor Bengals can't catch a break)

Houston over Kansas City (Even though the Chiefs won 10 in a row I don't trust Andy Reid in the playoffs)

NFC Wild Card

Seattle over Minnesota

Green Bay over Washington

AFC Divisional

Denver over Pittsburgh

New England over Houston

NFC Divisional

Carolina over Seattle

Green Bay over Arizona (Packers finally wake the hell up)

AFC Championship

Denver over New England (In a hell of battle the Broncos triumph in the last Brady/Manning showdown)

NFC Championship

Green Bay over Carolina (Aaron Rodgers wills the Packers to the Super Bowl)

Super Bowl 50

Denver over Green Bay (Broken down old Peyton Manning wins the big one for the 2nd time and calls it a career)

Maybe I'm the only one that wants a rematch of either of the last two SBs. I like when there's dominant teams and since there's no lovable underdog IMO that's what I'll be rooting for. And by rooting, I mean seeing highlights after the games are over because I probably won't watch 5 minutes of playoffs until the SB, and even then I'll be playing cards through part of it.

I'd love to see a Denver/Seattle rematch. That game was one of the all-time upsets know championship history and had the added benefit of making Peyton Manning look like a buffoon. Now it's years later and Manning is two years worse. Maybe the Seahawks could get to 70.

Though really, any NFC team shellacking the Pats or Broncos would be nice.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Here's my updated, after Pre-Season predictions (not that anyone cares):

NFC

East

(1) Dallas 13-3

(5) Philadelphia 11-5

NY Giants 8-8

Washington 4-12

North

(2) Green Bay 12-4

(6) Minnesota 10-6

Detroit 9-7

Chicago 5-11

South

(4) Atlanta 8-8

Carolina 8-8

New Orleans 7-9

Tampa Bay 4-12

West

(3) Seattle 12-4

Arizona 8-8

St. Louis 7-9

San Francisco 4-12

AFC

East

(2) New England 12-4

(5) Buffalo 10-6

Miami 9-7

NY Jets 3-13

North

(1) Pittsburgh 12-4

(6) Cincinnati 9-7

Baltimore 9-7

Cleveland 6-10

South

(3) Indianapolis 12-4

Houston 6-10

Tennessee 5-11

Jacksonville 5-11

West

(4) San Diego 10-6

Kansas City 9-7

Denver 7-9

Oakland 6-10

Got some right, got some very, very, very wrong. Onto the playoff preditions:

Wild-Card Weekend

(5) Chiefs 23, (4) Texans 13

(3) Bengals 31, (6) Steelers 17

(3) Vikings 23, (6) Seahawks 17

(5) Packers 34, (4) Redskins 20

Divisional Round

(3) Bengals 24, (2) Patriots 20

(2) Cardinals 35, (3) Vikings 17

(1) Panthers 31, (5) Packers 21

(1) Broncos 27, (5) Chiefs 20

Conference Championships

(1) Broncos 24, (3) Bengals 23

(1) Panthers 31, (2) Cardinals 27

Super Bowl 50

Carolina Panthers 27, Denver Broncos 17

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I'm not going to lie, I think this postseason is more wide-open than not. I think most of the teams in the field really have a shot of going all the way. Trying to make predictions has given me fits.

With that said, here we go.

Wild Card

AFC

Kansas City over Houston

Pittsburgh over Cincinnati

NFC

Green Bay over Washington

Seattle over Minnesota

Divisional

AFC

Kansas City over New England

Denver over Pittsburgh

NFC

Carolina over Seattle

Arizona over Green Bay

Conference Championships

AFC

Kansas City over Denver

NFC

Carolina over Arizona

Super Bowl 50

Carolina over Kansas City

Even looking at all of that, I'm a little fidgety and unsure, mostly about my AFC bracket. But I think Kansas City is hot enough to get through the field. Carolina still impresses me to the point where it's really hard for me to pick against them in any matchup, so I'll run with them, even though I think should they get the Chiefs, it'll be a close battle.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Wow.Everybody picks GB over the Redskins...I think they're going to surprise you folks

My prediction Washington 24 Green Bay 20

as for the rest of the playoffs, give me a few days... :D

Washington ended up being good and Green Bay has been terrible the second half. I think Washington wins big this week.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Bengals are going to lose on either a Mike Nugent missed field goal or something really stupid like AJ Green dropping the game winning touchdown into Mike Mitchell's hands because that's just how these things go.

I don't want to think about this city's sports psyche if they lose another playoff game. Especially to the Steelers on the tenth anniversary of them eliminating the Bengals in the most despicable way possible.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'd love to see a Denver/Seattle rematch. That game was one of the all-time upsets know championship history and had the added benefit of making Peyton Manning look like a buffoon. Now it's years later and Manning is two years worse. Maybe the Seahawks could get to 70.

Though really, any NFC team shellacking the Pats or Broncos would be nice.

The more I think about it, I think I'm almost over the Andy Reid debacle here, and maybe the added story line of tiny underdog Kansas City prevailing in both baseball and football in the same season makes them my backup choice if neither NE nor Denver can make it.

My conference playoff predictions... based solely on uniforms:

NFC:

Seahawks

Packers

Panthers

Vikings

(big gap)

Washington

Cardinals

AFC:

Patriots

Steelers

Chiefs

Texans

Broncos

Bengals

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow.Everybody picks GB over the Redskins...I think they're going to surprise you folks

My prediction Washington 24 Green Bay 20

as for the rest of the playoffs, give me a few days... :D

Washington hasn't beaten anybody good this season, and lost to every good team they faced. That's why Green Bay is favored. The game will probably be closer than what I predicted, but Green Bay will still win.

Because the Colts didn't want to defeat the Eagles in the SB like I said would happen...

KC over HOU

PIT over CIN

NE over KC

PIT over DEN

NE over PIT

WAS over GB

SEA over MIN

SEA over CAR

ARZ over WAS

SEA over ARZ

New England 23 - Seattle 21

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Here goes nothing:

AFC Wild Card Weekend:

Steelers 24, Bengals 21 - I honestly think the Bengals will win this game if Dalton plays and is healthy. But right now, it looks like A.J. McCarron is starting, and he won't be enough to give the Bengals their first playoff win of the millennium.

Chiefs 31, Texans 20 - The Chiefs are the hottest team in football on a 10-game winning streak. J.J. Watt and the defense will not be able to stop Alex Smith and the Chiefs.

NFC Wild Card Weekend:

Seahawks 24, Vikings 21 - I predict this will be the best wild card game. The Vikings are a talented team, but right now they just don't have enough experience right now to get far in the postseason. Fast forward three years and we could have a whole different story.

Packers 17, Washington NFL Franchise 13 - The Packers aren't very good but they are better than the Washington NFL Franchise. The Packers will win this game and not too much else.

More to come.

spacer.png

Wild Card weekend has parallels between the conferences:

• A three-seed North Champion facing a six seed nobody wants to face and some feel should be the favorite
  • a four-seed 9-7 champion at the party thanks only to the division format hosting a team with a better record.

Anyway, I'll play...(using Mark's format)

KC over HOU

PIT over CIN

KC over NE

PIT over DEN

PIT over KC

GB over WAS

SEA over MIN

SEA over CAR

ARIZ over GB

SEA over ARZ

PIT over SEA

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Let me give this a whirl

NFC Wild Card

Sea over Min

Was over GB

AFC Wild Card

Pit over Cin

KC over Hou

NFC Div

Car over Sea

Ari over Was

AFC Div

Pit over Den

KC over NE

Championship

Ari over Car

Pit over KC

Super Bowl L

Arizona over Pittsburgh

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Hoping Cary Williams proves to be something for the Redskins in the playoffs...

Oh he'll be something all right, just a different something than you might want.

spacer.png

RGIII wants to play for the Cowboys if the Redskins cut him this offseason. As a Cowboys fan, I'd love to have him as our backup and to learn under Romo until Tony retires. I still think he has the potential to be a great QB, especially if he's not running for his life everytime he drops back to pass. (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25439341/report-robert-griffin-iii-wants-to-play-for-cowboys-if-redskins-cut-him).

Archived