2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

I can't see any outcome that doesn't end in a Steelers-Pats AFC title game.

Yup. Denver and their vaunted D looked poor against the Steelers last month. And unless the Patriots repeat their bad games late in the year and aren't healthier, do you really see Alex Smith outgunning Brady?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAWK0zgEjmb/

Enjoy it before it's deleted.

Gune down on way da script club.

That's remarkably close to being racist. Just saying, I audibly cringed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAWK0zgEjmb/

Enjoy it before it's deleted.

Pacman is right though. What was Joey Porter doing on the field, talking trash, yet Jones was called for the penalty. The Burflict penalty was completely warranted though.

Hell yeah he's right, but keep your damn mouth shut.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm sure I'm just missing the point, I dunno, but I don't see what Marvin Jones Lewis could've done short of leaving Burfict on the sidelines. Mind you, Burfict had just made what sure looked like the game-sealing INT the previous possession. He's one of the best interior linebackers in the league. You really have to trust your best players to finish the game there. If you don't trust Burfict, then he should've been pulled from the game much sooner because, again, that dude was completely out of control from the Bernard-fumble onward, if not even sooner than that.

It was basically a game of risk with Vontaze by the end. He was going to make a horrifying mistake if the game lasted too much longer. The INT looked to evade that fate. It didn't. Jeremy Hill enabled that to happen, albeit indirectly. I'm just not sure where this is Marvin Lewis's fault in this particular case. If Lewis is at fault, then it's on a more macro scale, again, for either having him in the game for the 4th quarter overall, or, crap, even having him on the roster in the first place. Burfict has always been one of those cases of gambling on supreme talent over questionable character. Sometimes it works out well, sometimes it doesn't. So it goes.

And I say this, as someone who has a natural proclivity to blame head coaches for quite a bit. I'm just not seeing it with Lewis here.

spacer.png

It is like Giants/Cards with violence.

I really hate how this game ended. A couple of Bengals deserve this but I feel for the fans. Plus, it is freaking annoying to see certain teams benefit from bizarre circumstances. And this is not on the officials...it just happened to Pittsburgh because...of...something. And the more they win after getting this one handed to them the more annoying it will get.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Interesting though why was Porter on the field when Brown was hurt? Brown is a WR, and Porter coaches LBs, so that doesn't make a lot of sense.

He's out there for his man. He was also fired up and pissed off at those dirty plays too. And he knows the rivalry well, considering he played for Pittsburgh.

I'll be honest, I had a swim meet, so I didn't see any of this game, but looking at updates and Twitter, I just can't believe all the stuff that happened. Everything. It's just :censored: ing crazy.

But hey, here we go Steelers!

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Can we just strap Jim Nantz and Phil Simms to a rocket and launch them into the sun?

Jeem we talked about it all week, these quarterbacks are pros, they have pro receivers, & they eat, sleep, & train real hard to play hard at football, week in & week out.

You said it my friend.

Harold Reynolds got demoted, let's try him out.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Cincy is getting skewered on Twitter, but it takes two if you ask me. Dangerous helmet to helmet on Gio and the guy celebrated it on the sidelines, and Joey Porter and another coach starting crap with Bengals players. The Steelers won the game though so no one cares.

The Bengals were dumb at the end there, but they were not alone in making this game the dumpster fire it was.

As a Steelers fan, all I can say is all is right in the world tonight. But I can't see the Steelers getting by Denver, IN Denver. The Steelers are too banged up and this was a tough, tough, tough game against the Bengals and they take a lot out of us. We'll have to wait and see but I'll say it right now...Denver will be in the AFC Championship.

Interesting though why was Porter on the field when Brown was hurt? Brown is a WR, and Porter coaches LBs, so that doesn't make a lot of sense.

He's out there for his man. He was also fired up and pissed off at those dirty plays too. And he knows the rivalry well, considering he played for Pittsburgh.

I'll be honest, I had a swim meet, so I didn't see any of this game, but looking at updates and Twitter, I just can't believe all the stuff that happened. Everything. It's just :censored: ing crazy.

But hey, here we go Steelers!

I'll add to this and say that the Steelers KNOW how to get under the Bengals skin. The Bengals are not psychologically strong and can let the littlest thing go to their head and forget what they are playing for. A little nudge, an extra push, a few words and the Bengals lose it....in more ways than one.

I'm sure I'm just missing the point, I dunno, but I don't see what Marvin Jones Lewis could've done short of leaving Burfict on the sidelines. Mind you, Burfict had just made what sure looked like the game-sealing INT the previous possession. He's one of the best interior linebackers in the league. You really have to trust your best players to finish the game there. If you don't trust Burfict, then he should've been pulled from the game much sooner because, again, that dude was completely out of control from the Bernard-fumble onward, if not even sooner than that.

It was basically a game of risk with Vontaze by the end. He was going to make a horrifying mistake if the game lasted too much longer. The INT looked to evade that fate. It didn't. Jeremy Hill enabled that to happen, albeit indirectly. I'm just not sure where this is Marvin Lewis's fault in this particular case. If Lewis is at fault, then it's on a more macro scale, again, for either having him in the game for the 4th quarter overall, or, crap, even having him on the roster in the first place. Burfict has always been one of those cases of gambling on supreme talent over questionable character. Sometimes it works out well, sometimes it doesn't. So it goes.

And I say this, as someone who has a natural proclivity to blame head coaches for quite a bit. I'm just not seeing it with Lewis here.

As a singular, stand-alone game, it wouldn't get Lewis fired.

But looking at the totality of his resume with the Bengals, coupled with the way this game was lost, it will definitely be a very hot seat. He's been there 13 years and hasn't won a playoff game (0-7 overall, 0-4 at home, 1-and-done the last five seasons). At some point, just making the playoffs won't be good enough.

He can get plenty of heat for these losses, but in terms of controlling players I agree. Marvin has to be talking to these guys about their behavior. I've seen him berating them on the sidelines before, so I know he isn't just letting their behavior slide.

His control is officially over once those players step inside those white lines though. And like you said, he isn't going to not put his best players on the field only up by two points.

Archived