2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

The worst outcome in sports is a Patriot win. Those Giant Super Bowl games were so satisfying in retrospect. I'm really hoping for a franchise-altering loss for the Pats next week (and every game they play). They're the most joyless franchise in North American sports.

1421940586467.jpg
I understand this from a Ravens fan, but how dare you try to invoke Morgan Freeman to make you invalid point.
I'll take 'Comments only Patriots fans would make' for $200, Alex.

So, I assume you like winners?
I like winners that don't cheat.

spacer.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst outcome in sports is a Patriot win. Those Giant Super Bowl games were so satisfying in retrospect. I'm really hoping for a franchise-altering loss for the Pats next week (and every game they play). They're the most joyless franchise in North American sports.

1421940586467.jpg
I understand this from a Ravens fan, but how dare you try to invoke Morgan Freeman to make you invalid point.

Winners don't cheat. They win. Losers, well, they lose. Cheaters don't win. Therefore, the Patriots are winners. As they just proved. :)

1421940586467.jpg

Winners don't cheat. They win. Losers, well, they lose. Cheaters don't win. Therefore, the Patriots are winners. As they just proved. :)
The idea of "Cheaters don't win" is, unfortunately, an idea that holds true in Hollywood. As your Patriots have proven, cheaters do win.

spacer.png

1421940586467.jpg

Life is not a morality play.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1421940586467.jpg

The idea of "Cheaters don't win" is, unfortunately, an idea that holds true in Hollywood. As your Patriots have proven, cheaters do win.

200w_zpsguucmvfd.gif

The next Patriots fan I see win gracefully will be the first.

My wife constantly tells me that I am a sore winner so I understand this sentiment. But, after all is said and done, It is really nice to be able to follow a team (since 1976) from obscurity to infamy and have so many people hate the idea of winning. This is the very essence of this country. We used to love winners. Now, some just love whining.

My wife constantly tells me that I am a sore winner so I understand this sentiment. But, after all is said and done, It is really nice to be able to follow a team (since 1976) from obscurity to infamy and have so many people hate the idea of winning. This is the very essence of this country. We used to love winners. Now, some just love whining.
There's a reason the whole country was rooting for the Patriots in 2001. There's also a reason why the entire country is rooting against the Patriots now, in 2016.

spacer.png

There's a reason the whole country was rooting for the Patriots in 2001. There's also a reason why the entire country is rooting against the Patriots now, in 2016.

Why is this? Because we are mostly stupid or we hate winners? This makes no sense to me.

Why is this? Because we are mostly stupid or we hate winners? This makes no sense to me.
Oh, I won't deny its partly because we hate winners. That's definitely a part of it. But it's simply ignorant to see that as the only reason the Patriots are so hated right now.

spacer.png

I like that you have been a Pats fan going all the way back to the days of players like Randy Vataha, Bam Cunnigham, and Marlin Briscoe.

The rest of your post is silly. People complained about the 70's Steelers, the 80's Niners, and the 90's Cowboys every bit as much as they complain about the current Patriots.

BB52Big.jpg

Oh, I won't deny its partly because we hate winners. That's definitely a part of it. But it's simply ignorant to see that as the only reason the Patriots are so hated right now.

Okay, so, please bear with me a moment. I am ignorant. What are you saying - specifically. Please. I implore you to help me understand. What are you saying? You hate the Patriots? Why? I really don't understand. I don't like any other team in the NFL. But I don't hate any team. My feelings range from general apathy to major contempt - but certainly not any degree of hatred. It's all about the entertainment value and the dollars gained from that. So, why then, would you have any animus toward the Patriots or their fans? We suffered for decades and now we get to enjoy winning. Your time will come. My time will end. Why so serious? :(

Okay, so, please bear with me a moment. I am ignorant. What are you saying - specifically. Please. I implore you to help me understand. What are you saying? You hate the Patriots? Why? I really don't understand. I don't like any other team in the NFL. But I don't hate any team. My feelings range from general apathy to major contempt - but certainly not any degree of hatred. It's all about the entertainment value and the dollars gained from that. So, why then, would you have any animus toward the Patriots or their fans? We suffered for decades and now we get to enjoy winning. Your time will come. My time will end. Why so serious? :(

Please tell me you are being wilfully obtuse.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Too much of anything is a bad thing in NFL. Especially if said thing has had some shady events in the past that may or may not have continued said thing.

But this is "Murica, there is no such thing as "too much". And, again, the NFL is entertainment, therefore, it is TV ratings. You tune to hate the Patriots. I tune in to watch the Patriots win. Therefore, I win. I gain enjoyment. You grow more angry. The NFL is evil. I win.

Too much of anything is a bad thing in NFL. Especially if said thing has had some shady events in the past that may or may not have continued said thing.

But this is "Murica, there is no such thing as "too much". And, again, the NFL is entertainment, therefore, it is TV ratings. You tune to hate the Patriots. I tune in to watch the Patriots win. Therefore, I win. I gain enjoyment. You grow more angry. The NFL is evil. I win.

Donald?

Donald?

Wow! Really? This is where we are now? I just messing with some fans of teams that can't beat "The Plague" and you decide to do this? Okay. Well, then, I'm over sports. I really didn't know we were this far along in our journey into the abyss. Enjoy. I'll just go away now.

Okay, fair enough. First off, "hate" was probably a strong word. I liked how you put it - major contempt.

First off, I strongly dislike the Patriots because of Tom Brady. To me, he comes off as a spoiled, arrogant brat. He gets special treatment from the officials - you can't deny that - and he looks surprised every time anything goes wrong for him.

Secondly, I strongly dislike the Patriots because of their cheating record. Spygate was a disgrace to the game and Deflategate was one of the most exhausting experiences of my life. While technically deflating footballs shouldn't warrant a suspension, I wanted Brady to get suspended just for the principle of the thing - he knowingly altered the most important nonhuman element in the game and then had the gall to tell the Ravens to "look at the rulebook".

Thirdly, I strongly dislike the Patriots because of their fans. I get being able to enjoy winning after losing, becaus the Ravens have experienced it too. But you rarely see a fan base as hated as the Patriots. That tells you something.

Fourthly, I strongly dislike the Patriots because of the worship hey get from around the league. Now, let me be clear, they've earned most of the praise they get. But announcers, analysts, commentators, and the like talk about the Patriots as if they are the second coming of the Packers of the 60's. It gets tiring.

And finally, I strongly dislike the Patriots because they win. There, I said it. I dislike the Patriots, in part, because they win.

Hopefully that's cleared it up for you.

spacer.png

Archived