buzzcut

2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

I guess I'm starting to picture the Patriots winning on Sunday despite a quiet game from Brady, while CBS spends the entire waning moments of the game gushing over Manning.  Peyton will have one of those on field, perhaps over the stadium PA, moments like we see at a US Tennis Open.  As a Patriots fan, it'll be bittersweet seeing a legendary nemesis walk away.

27-13 New England.

Thankfully that game is the early one, since I'm not feeling many fireworks, it would be an even more dramatic let down not living up to hype.  Though to be fair, the media is this week trying to downplay much hype between the QB's.  

Carolina I think will make a couple costly unforced errors, enabling the Cardinals, their smartest foe to date, to prevail.  Not sure what the weather situation will be like in Charlotte, though prep for the game could throw a few guys off.  

31-21 Arizona.

Tom Brady is going to absolutely butt F the Broncos defense, and Peyton Manning is going to be pulled before the game is over.  I am not certain that he really wants to go out this way, and I wouldn't be shocked if he tried to give it one more season on another team that thinks they're a QB away from making a run, so I wouldn't expect the tear-filled moment after the game.

It's a shame that his brother has more titles than he does, but that's the breaks.  In the meantime, part of me is glad that there's no longer a debate over who is the best QB of this generation, since Brady has clearly eclipsed Manning in every way possible.  And I like Manning too - just need to call it like i see it.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Tom Brady is going to absolutely butt F the Broncos defense, and Peyton Manning is going to be pulled before the game is over.  I am not certain that he really wants to go out this way, and I wouldn't be shocked if he tried to give it one more season on another team that thinks they're a QB away from making a run, so I wouldn't expect the tear-filled moment after the game.

It's a shame that his brother has more titles than he does, but that's the breaks.  In the meantime, part of me is glad that there's no longer a debate over who is the best QB of this generation, since Brady has clearly eclipsed Manning in every way possible.  And I like Manning too - just need to call it like i see it.

Not only does Eli have more rings than Peyton, he also owns more play off wins against the Patriots than Peyton. 

On January 21, 2016 at 0:25 PM, McCarthy said:

I don't want to watch Denver get destroyed in another Super Bowl with Manning throwing grapefruits to the opposing defense, but I like that idea way better than having to watch New England in yet another Super Bowl. Boston sports will get their due. I don't know when, but it'll happen. This gravy train those fans have been riding for 15 years can't go on forever. New England is going to win this game 30-17 and it will be really boring. 

I think both NFC teams would beat either AFC team so this to me is the NFL championship game right here. I prefer Carolina because I like the way they play and I like Cam Newton because he bothers people like Sarah the Seahawks fan so much. With the Cardinals I'm conflicted because I would love to see Larry Fitzgerald get the ring that was stolen from him in 2008, but on the other hand Carson Palmer winning a title for another team would bother me for a long time. 

Our due?? So 1988-2000 dont mean anything?? Most Boston teams sucked then,  heck the patriots almost moved to STL!!! sports are cycles, I know this. I'm not some stuck up fan like what most of you have labeled ANY Boston sports fan. I'm lucky for this success and feel verry blessed by it cause it can change in the matter of one hit( no pun intended I SWEAR ;) lol).

Patriots vs. Broncos - New England 34, Denver 21

Arizona vs. Carolina - Arizona 27, Carolina 24.

If Arizona beats Carolina in the NFC Championship; it will not be by more then 7 points. The Cards would win anywhere from a 1 point to a 7 point cushion, if they do indeed win.

The Manning fan in me wants to see Denver blow the Pats out something like 63-3, with Brady going 7-50 for 69 yards and 6 picks for good measure. The realist in me, however, is expecting a snoozefest drubbing the other way around. Not as extreme, but I expect something like 31-14, New England.

In the NFC, trying to pick a winner has been pretty tough. I honestly think this could go either way. One thing is for certain though, Arizona's chances depend on Carson Palmer. If he plays like the MVP candidate he was all season, Arizona's safe. But if he plays like he did last week? Carolina's eating him for breakfast. Heck, Keuchly alone would probably take two picks to the house. All of that said...I'll go Carolina 27-24 in a classic.

28 minutes ago, lilben777 said:

Our due?? So 1988-2000 dont mean anything?? Most Boston teams sucked then,  heck the patriots almost moved to STL!!! sports are cycles, I know this. I'm not some stuck up fan like what most of you have labeled ANY Boston sports fan. I'm lucky for this success and feel verry blessed by it cause it can change in the matter of one hit( no pun intended I SWEAR ;) lol).

Yes your due. You're overdue actually. 9 championships in 15 years is absurd. It's long past your turn to suck again. 

54 minutes ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

Not only does Eli have more rings than Peyton, he also owns more play off wins against the Patriots than Peyton. 

Wait, what? How is this possible? Eli has two wins vs Brady in the Super Bowl,

and I know Peyton has at least the two AFC title game wins vs Brady and the Pats. 

23 hours ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

Um, no he does not. Each have two wins against the Patriots in the playoffs. In fact,  Brady and Manning are split against each other in the playoffs with the home team undefeated.

As for the game, I get that everyone thinks the Patriots will win, and they are favored for a reason. They probably will win, but everyone is acting like it's so terribly lopsided. The game is in Denver. The Denver D is the best in the league. The Broncos already beat the Patriots once this year (when both teams had significant injuries, so let's stop acting like that was the sole reason the Patriots lost). It's not absurd that the Broncos could win, yet I'm barely seeing people giving them much of a chance.

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Yes your due. You're overdue actually. 9 championships in 15 years is absurd. It's long past your turn to suck again. 

But you're forgetting about those thirteen years where Boston didn't win anything! :rolleyes:

On 1/21/2016 at 1:15 PM, DG_Now said:

Cam's the best. Overwrought fans of any franchise are the worst.

I'm trying to think of any in-the-moment franchise that has fans people think are okay. The best I come up with is Kansas City Royals fans and Baltimore Ravens fans. Though I bet that changes if the Royals win again, and I may be overlooking some Ravens fans' collective blind spot when it comes to Ray Rice.

I do think St. Louis Cardinal and Boston fans are a special kind of terrible. I think we have more recency bias when it comes to everyone else.

I've never had a problem with L.A. Kings fans, at least in the macro. I can't see Royals fans making a run; Kansas City itself doesn't engender the strong feelings that St. Louis does. Ravens fans seem perpetually aggrieved and conspiratorial.

On the record:  Cam Newton for me is to the NFL as Dwight Howard is to the NBA.  Giant man-children who think natural physical gifts equates better player than opponent.

The fact both see themselves as Superman rests my case.

I probably won't get this wish, but I'd really like to see a Broncos-Cardinals Super Bowl.  Seeing Peyton Manning get one last shot or seeing pro football's oldest franchise win its first title in most people's lifetimes holds far more appeal to me than "What?  The Patriots?  Again?" or Cam Newton's ascent to the top of the NFL food chain.

20 hours ago, tyst13 said:

Um, no he does not. Each have two wins against the Patriots in the playoffs. In fact,  Brady and Manning are slip against each other in the playoffs with the home team undefeated.

As for the game, I get that everyone thinks the Patriots will win, and they are favored for a reason. They probably will win, but everyone is acting like it's so terribly lopsided. The game is in Denver. The Denver D is the best in the league. The Broncos already beat the Patriots once this year (when both teams had significant injuries, so let's stop acting like that was the sole reason the Patriots lost). It's not absurd that the Broncos could win, yet I'm barely seeing people giving them much of a chance.

Let em think that way. I've heard it all week, too. 

Call it a hunch, but I think we win today. 

hope ther will be a Brady Palmer super bowl. I like both of those teams so win win situation. Unfortunately Panters look really good. Crossed fingers! hope for the best!

If the league is fixed, then Manning, or I mean the Broncos will win the Super Bowl. After this he will retire and hand the reins over to Osweiler.

22 hours ago, tyst13 said:

Um, no he does not. Each have two wins against the Patriots in the playoffs. In fact,  Brady and Manning are slip against each other in the playoffs with the home team undefeated.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. I was thinking Peyton only had 1 win over the pats instead of 2. 

1 hour ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

If the league is fixed, then Manning, or I mean the Broncos will win the Super Bowl. After this he will retire and hand the reins over to Osweiler.

Oh, God. Not another one of those "the NFL is fixed" guys. 

I usually don't turn on any gameday show because of the retired player blowhard analysts that they have on these shows. For whatever reason, I turned on NFL Network today. Everyone is picking the Patriots. They are acting like New England is undefeated and Denver is an 8 win team. I think New England will win but come on, its in Denver. Brady and the Patriots have not proven that they can win in the high altitude. Manning just has to manage the game, and the defense can do enough for Denver to win. It is not even close to improbable. I  swear I am done with these shows.

1 hour ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

If the league was fixed, we would've had Patriots vs Packers/Seahawks. Stop with every league being rigged