2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

27 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Does anybody, besides Broncos fans, think they have a realistic chance against this Carolina team?

Probably not, which is fine.  According to the boards all this week it was going to be New England vs. Carolina or Arizona.

If Von Miller and Demarcus Ware play like they did today, Denver's a tough out, especially when you start Teddy Ginn at WR.  The Broncos defense just made maybe the best QB ever look really, really bad.

I think Carolina wins the game -- maybe by two scores -- but I don't think they're well enough equipped at WR to make it a blowout if the Broncos don't turn over the ball.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, See Red said:

Probably not, which is fine.  According to the boards all this week it was going to be New England vs. Carolina or Arizona.

If Von Miller and Demarcus Ware play like they did today, Denver's a tough out, especially when you start Teddy Ginn at WR.  The Broncos defense just made maybe the best QB ever look really, really bad.

I think Carolina wins the game -- maybe by two scores -- but I don't think they're well enough equipped at WR to make it a blowout if the Broncos don't turn over the ball.

And we all know how accurate this crew can be. B)

BB52Big.jpg

7 minutes ago, See Red said:

It's funny that the story is almost flipped from Super Bowl 48 -- Carolina didn't have as good an offense as the 2013 Broncos, but they did have the highest scoring offense this season. The Broncos had the best defense and an unproven offense.

I doubt Denver wins 43-8 over the Panthers, but Denver might have more of a chance than most are giving them.

EDIT: Also, just saying :)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If parallel storylines could actually affect NFL games, then the Super Bowl XXXII development would be the perfect thing to repeat itself for Super Bowl L, I feel. We've already seen Manning make one shocking scramble play, after all.

I don't even dislike the Panthers a whole lot despite being a division rival, but I'm Team Peyton all the way here. Let him go out a winner. A dignified ending.

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

It's funny that the story is almost flipped from Super Bowl 48 -- Carolina didn't have as good an offense as the 2013 Broncos, but they did have the highest scoring offense this season. The Broncos had the best defense and an unproven offense.

I doubt Denver wins 43-8 over the Panthers, but Denver might have more of a chance than most are giving them.

I'll say this: based on what I've seen in Super Bowls past, I'd rather go in with the top defense and question marks on offense than the other way around (like last time).  I mean, I think Carolina wins but if the Broncos can force some turnovers, like today from Brady, they'll have a damn good shot.  The matchup I like is the Panthers WRs versus the Broncos DBs and I just hope they can somewhat keep Newton contained.  I expect a close game that you just, as it goes, feel like Denver won't win.

I'm mostly just hoping the NFL is rigged.

I'll add that I'm not the NFL fan I used to be.  I'll be cheering for Denver since they're my team, but Cam Newton winning a Super Bowl and making heads explode would be great too!

IUe6Hvh.png

1 minute ago, Kramerica Industries said:

If parallel storylines could actually affect NFL games, then the Super Bowl XXXII development would be the perfect thing to repeat itself for Super Bowl L, I feel. We've already seen Manning make one shocking scramble play, after all.

I don't even dislike the Panthers a whole lot despite being a division rival, but I'm Team Peyton all the way here. Let him go out a winner. A dignified ending.

I'd love to see Carolina win, but this is whatever the opposite of a silver lining is. I'd hate to see Peyton go out in any way resembling SB XLVIII, but...I'm a Panthers fan, too. Maybe I should just enjoy the ride. :/:P

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

20 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Perhaps the biggest difference is that unlike with the 2013 Broncos, this year's Panthers also have one of the best defense's in the NFL. I really doubt the Broncos offense can score more than one TD against the Panthers. The Patriots defense really made Denver's offense work for every point and they only had an average defense. What will happen when they face this Carolina defense? 

I think Denver's defense is good enough to force the Panthers into more field-goals than usual, but not good enough to completely shut down Carolina.

I'm hoping it'll be a good game, however I think this Panthers' team is as complete of a team that we have seen this century. I don't see how it will be close unless if Carolina commits an absurd amount of mistakes. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

25 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I'll fix something up for you after the Super Bowl for being this year's champion of the board. Based on your sig and my avi/sig, I hope it will be well received.

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I'll fix something up for you after the Super Bowl for being this year's champion of the board. Based on your sig and my avi/sig, I hope it will be well received.

Nice. Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Denver has a great defense and they showed up today. Congratulations to the Broncos on a well-earned victory.

We're onto 2016.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Perhaps the biggest difference is that unlike with the 2013 Broncos, this year's Panthers also have one of the best defense's in the NFL. I really doubt the Broncos offense can score more than one TD against the Panthers. The Patriots defense really made Denver's offense work for every point and they only had an average defense. What will happen when they face this Carolina defense? 

I think Denver's defense is good enough to force the Panthers into more field-goals than usual, but not good enough to completely shut down Carolina.

I'm hoping it'll be a good game, however I think this Panthers' team is as complete of a team that we have seen this century. I don't see how it will be close unless if Carolina commits an absurd amount of mistakes. 

Why, though?  I know Carolina lead the league in scoring but with healthy WRs, New England has the more formidable offense and Denver just dominated them.  Cam Newton adds a dynamic Tom Brady obviously doesn't, but with how strong Denver's CB trio is, can Carolina's WRs consistently make Denver pay for the attention they'll pay to Cam and the running game?  They might, but I'm not sure.  I'm not sure I see much reason to be so certain they will.  If Ware and Miller play at the level they played at today, I don't care who's playing QB.

Where Carolina is going to win is with their front seven against the Broncos offensive line.  Peyton looks relatively fine but he's no longer capable of playing at a high enough level to mask a bad offensive line and I can't see the running game getting anything going.  I think Denver keeps it close, but Carolina makes it look a little more lopsided late.  But if Denver wins the turnover battle, I can see them winning.

IUe6Hvh.png

3 minutes ago, See Red said:

Why, though?  I know Carolina lead the league in scoring but with healthy WRs, New England has the more formidable offense and Denver just dominated them.  Cam Newton adds a dynamic Tom Brady obviously doesn't, but with how strong Denver's CB trio is, can Carolina's WRs consistently make Denver pay for the attention they'll pay to Cam and the running game?  They might, but I'm not sure.  I'm not sure I see much reason to be so certain they will.  If Ware and Miller play at the level they played at today, I don't care who's playing QB.

Where Carolina is going to win is with their front seven against the Broncos offensive line.  Peyton looks relatively fine but he's no longer capable of playing at a high enough level to mask a bad offensive line and I can't see the running game getting anything going.

The Panther offense is way more explosive than New England. They have the ability to turn a 10 yard crossing route into an 80 yard TD. NE doesn't have that ability. The Patriots offense is built around quick and short passes. Besides, Gronk (who is the best TE in football right now), the Patriots WR unit is as overrated as they get. They are average to below average WR's without Brady and Bellicheck. (BTW, I agree with you that Carolina doesn't have the best WR unit in the NFL, and that Denver's CB match up well, but Carolina is just so damn explosive. )

Carolina has a far greater offensive line than New England does. I bet that Denver will still get a couple of sacks and QB pressures, but not anywhere near the amount of pressure that they put on Brady today. 

I don't care how "explosive" the Panthers' offense is, the Patriots averaged only two fewer points per game and they had the best  QB ever... Denver did pretty well against them. The Broncos have a shot.

I definitely wouldn't pencil in Carolina just yet. In my experience watching football it's a whole lot easier for a very good defense to shut down a very good offense than it is for a great offense to impose their will on a great defense. From what I've seen this year Denver has a great defense and Carolina's offense is very good also. Carolina is definitely better overall but even a severely compromised Peyton Manning is still Peyton mentally and if the Broncos can put together a couple TD drives and the defense plays like they are capable of, they have, IMO, a good chance to beat the panthers. 

I think we'll get a very exciting Super Bowl and I wouldn't be upset to see either team win but I'm always pulling for manning to get another ring.

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

I don't care how "explosive" the Panthers' offense is, the Patriots averaged only two fewer points per game and they had the best  QB ever... Denver did pretty well against them. The Broncos have a shot.

Over the last month the Patriots have only been scoring 18 points per game and Carolina has been scoring 33 points per game. They have a far superior offense. 

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

The Patriots have been using multiple skill position players from the "Triumph of Death" Rams the last few games.  Those teams had no offense whatsoever.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On January 4, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

Got some right, got some very, very, very wrong. Onto the playoff preditions:

Wild-Card Weekend

(5) Chiefs 23, (4) Texans 13

(3) Bengals 31, (6) Steelers 17

(3) Vikings 23, (6) Seahawks 17

(5) Packers 34, (4) Redskins 20

Divisional Round

(3) Bengals 24, (2) Patriots 20

(2) Cardinals 35, (3) Vikings 17

(1) Panthers 31, (5) Packers 21

(1) Broncos 27, (5) Chiefs 20

Conference Championships

(1) Broncos 24, (3) Bengals 23

(1) Panthers 31, (2) Cardinals 27

Super Bowl 50

Carolina Panthers 27, Denver Broncos 17

Ugh, so close to having a perfect bracket. 

Archived