2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

Does Peyton have a broken nose? Looked all swollen in that interview

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're going to be seeing an awful lot of Cam Newton not going for that fumble this offseason.  I like the guy, but you can't do all this talking up how hard you play the game and then not go for that fumble on the biggest play of your career.

fraidycam.0.gif

IUe6Hvh.png

17 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

I'm curious to know from a Panthers fan perspective: does this loss sting any less or more than the one back in 2004? I imagine less since the one versus Brady came down to the final seconds.

For this fan I'd say it hurts more. The Super Bowl 38 team were underdogs who came in and played really well on the day, only to come up just short against a damn good Patriots team. This team on the other hand came in as favorites, having put together a season in which they were 15-1 and awesome to watch and be a fan of, only to go out and lay an absolute egg right at the end. That stings way more.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

1 minute ago, DarkJourney said:

So next year in Houston we get Patriots vs. Packers

I think I'm off the Packers train for a season.  They'll have to show me more before I pick them NFC reps.  

Frankly, I don't know who to go with for the NFC.  Dallas maybe.  

New England v Dallas... I think I'll write that down.

I had Colts v Eagles for this year... thus nothing means anything from me.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

31 minutes ago, See Red said:

We're going to be seeing an awful lot of Cam Newton not going for that fumble this offseason.  I like the guy, but you can't do all this talking up how hard you play the game and then not go for that fumble on the biggest play of your career.

fraidycam.0.gif

Yeah, that was weird and disappointing.

Just like the rest of the game for the Panthers - weird and disappointing. They were jumpy, they coughed up the ball, and were never able to make a really big play when they needed to. They knocked on the door a few times, but threw or fumbled it away almost every time.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

The Panthers may have lost the Super Bowl, but they still get one of these...

CaqWmqeWwAAZ56B.jpg:large

They also get a warm feeling in their little hearts of knowing that children in any number of Third World countries will always remember them as Super Bowl champs - after all, it says so right on their T-shirts.

Meanwhile, Peyton joins Ray Lewis in going out with a Super Bowl win despite having next to nothing to do with the outcome.

Winner, winner, chicken-parm dinner. (I'm amazed no one else has made such a post yet.)

CCSLC signature.png

I just realized that when Manning says he is done with football, I really have no individual player that I pull for. I am a Seahawks fan but there is no single player on the team that I would hope would win. I think Manning came into the NFL when I was still young enough to root for individual players. Now that I am older, I no longer follow any particular players. Kinda sad that an era in my life may have gone away after tonight.

43 minutes ago, waltere said:

For this fan I'd say it hurts more. The Super Bowl 38 team were underdogs who came in and played really well on the day, only to come up just short against a damn good Patriots team. This team on the other hand came in as favorites, having put together a season in which they were 15-1 and awesome to watch and be a fan of, only to go out and lay an absolute egg right at the end. That stings way more.

I understand absolutely. Coming in 16-1 overall and then getting completely shut down in the championship game is a kick in the gut.

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have an endorsement deal with Budweiser. The NFL does, I think. Anyway, I don't think he's getting a check for saying Budweiser. 

I guess he's a part owner of some Anheuser Busch distributors in Louisiana -- or was when he mentioned Bud Light in a post game interview two years ago.  I had no idea until I saw it mentioned in a deadspin article just now and followed it up. Kind of interesting that's not more well-known but I guess Goodell frowns upon players mentioning beer sponsors. 

http://cover32.com/2014/01/15/the-real-reason-peyton-manning-wants-a-bud-light-in-his-mouth/

IUe6Hvh.png

Just now, See Red said:

I guess he's a part owner of some Anheuser Busch distributors in Louisiana -- or was when he mentioned Bud Light in a post game interview two years ago.  I had no idea until I saw it mentioned in a deadspin article just now and followed it up. Kind of interesting that's not more well-known but I guess Goodell frowns upon players mentioning beer sponsors. 

http://cover32.com/2014/01/15/the-real-reason-peyton-manning-wants-a-bud-light-in-his-mouth/

But golly shucks gee whiz, Peyton's just a great old guy, ya know?  Plus what's Goodell supposed to do?  Before he even began to hand the Lombardi trophy to Denver's plastic-faced woman, he was a breath away from putting Peyton's flaccid weepus into his grateful, drooly craw.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

51 minutes ago, See Red said:

fraidycam.0.gif

What's the over/under on how many crypto-racist things Skip Bayless is going to say about Cam Newton tomorrow?

And yeah, that's going to be an annoying thing to hear about all offseason.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

Boy that's a reckless amount of plastic surgery, Botox, and drunk makeup. 

I'm voting for "possessed by the vengeful spirit of Georgia Frontiere."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, See Red said:

fraidycam.0.gif

Hashtag "Business Decision"

He is getting killed for his Bellichickian press conference too. I'm actually not mad at him for that though. Pre/Post game pressers are a joke.

Archived