2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Was Eli honestly p*ssed because Peyton tied him for Super Bowl rings? The expression on his face from that shot of the Manning family after the game-winning touchdown...seriously???

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/4D10E28FB81308315710757675008_46c2a00484d.5.1.14317891979158216011.mp4

That is amazing :wacko:  what a dirtbag !

Yea... that finalist for the Walter Payton Man Of The Year award... what a dirtbag he is because someone screencapped one moment in a video.

You're dumb.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

40 minutes ago, JQK said:

Yea... that finalist for the Walter Payton Man Of The Year award... what a dirtbag he is because someone screencapped one moment in a video.

You're dumb.

But that is not a screencap, that is a full video that habsfan posted

....my last rant on the NFL... its fake folks. Cam clearly could have attempted to recover that fumble. But, I guess that fat check from Vegas, and the promise of a future Super Bowl Ring, was enough to hold him over for awhile.

Congrats NFL, you covered the 6 points spread, and you, along with Vegas made a boatload of money, once again.

...now Peyton go drink a Budweiser, while eating your Papa Johns, and remember to sing a catchy little tune about your Crawfish shorts while playing table tennis with the local kids tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, Almighty said:

But that is not a screencap, that is a full video that habsfan posted

I don't understand the dirtbag comment. Explain that to me...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

7 hours ago, See Red said:

We're going to be seeing an awful lot of Cam Newton not going for that fumble this offseason.  I like the guy, but you can't do all this talking up how hard you play the game and then not go for that fumble on the biggest play of your career.

fraidycam.0.gif

I don't completely blame him for not going for that. Would you like to see him go for it? Sure. But, look, the guy had been beaten up literally all game and was probably sore all over, when he went for the ball it looked like Demarcus War already had it covered, and he probably didn't want to to risk a separated shoulder going after a football. 

While you would like to see your star fight to the very end, the amount of hate he will invariably get from the media, sore loser fans, and just haters in general will be too much. Be a little disappointed, but don't hate on the guy. 

spacer.png

Thoughts:

- That's the most surprising Super Bowl result since 07 Giants-Patriots. I thought Carolina was going to work them up and down the field and it would be a boring Broncos-esque blowout like we’ve seen 5 other times.

- I think the Panthers may have had too easy a road to the Super Bowl. They trounced Seattle and Arizona without breaking a sweat and came into the game believing their own bologna. I honestly think they didn't take Denver or the game as seriously as they should have. And then when things didn’t go perfectly out of the gate they didn’t know how to handle it. They looked a lot more like the team that lost to Atlanta than the team that otherwise ran roughshod to 17-0.

- Denver's defense put forth one of the best defensive performances in Super Bowl history. That was impressive. Von Miller was all around the ball and they got the MVP vote 100% right. the Panthers haven’t been hit like that all season. They “punched them in the mouth” as they say.

- Cam Newton is going to get hammered for a while for not going all out to get the fumble. That was still a one score game at that point. I think the Broncos broke his spirit.

- Peyton Manning winning in (what should be) his last game is pretty storybook. I’ve defended this guy for his whole career. He’s been able to drag some mediocre clubs deep into the playoffs and then when he gets worn out from carrying everyone and they lose he “choked”. Without him most of those Colts teams aren’t even in the playoffs. “well he only won because of his defense” Yeah that’s true, but it’s about time a defense helped him out. He elevated teams better than anyone I ever saw. And he has two Super Bowl rings now so the tragedy of having fewer rings than his doofus brother won’t continue.

- I hope he retires. Watching him this season was just sad. He physically can’t play anymore and his team just won the Super Bowl in spite of him because of one of the best defenses ever and their backup QB. Don’t sign with the LA Rams and hobble to a 3-5 record as a starter. Ride off into the sunset, you idiot.  

- One of my favorite things about the Super Bowl is all the D-list celebrities that find a way to get in front of the cameras, but get :censored:ing Papa John off the field.

- One of the more overshadowed things about this game was that Pat Bowlen’s health is in serious shape. Elway’s message to him, turning around Bowlen’s statement from 97 was a good moment. For a second I thought he was going to say “this one’s for Peyton” and I’m glad he didn’t.

- Gary Kubiak is a Super Bowl winning coach. That’s hard to believe. Sidebar: Nantz told him on the podium that he was the first coach to coach a team to a Super Bowl after playing for that team. Did Nantz just make that up on the spot because I’m pretty sure Ditka played for the Bears and there might be a couple other guys in addition to him?

- Phil Simms is just awful.

- Maybe the orange jerseys are bad luck? Also I’d hate to see Carolina to fall into a place where their black jerseys gain a bad luck stigma because that’s their best look by far.

- “I’m gonna drink a lot of Budweiser” – organic or paid product placement?

- My aunt and uncle moved from Phoenix to Denver in 2010 and instantly became Broncos season ticket holders. Congrats to them, I guess.

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

....my last rant on the NFL... its fake folks. Cam clearly could have attempted to recover that fumble. But, I guess that fat check from Vegas, and the promise of a future Super Bowl Ring, was enough to hold him over for awhile.

Congrats NFL, you covered the 6 points spread, and you, along with Vegas made a boatload of money, once again.

...now Peyton go drink a Budweiser, while eating your Papa Johns, and remember to sing a catchy little tune about your Crawfish shorts while playing table tennis with the local kids tomorrow.

Yeah man, like nothing happens in Australian Rugby without Rupert Murdoch's say so.

Anyway, there are very few QBs in the NFL who would have dove for a fumble in that situation.  Both Mannings wouldn't have, Favre wouldn't have, neither would Romo, Brees, Palmer, Rodgers, Rivers, Matt Ryan,or Jay Cutler.  Brady might if he though he could draw a personal foul penalty out of it, but otherwise nope.  Roethlisberger may, but he has the added burden of being too slow.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

4 minutes ago, Almighty said:

He is unhappy with his brother's success ?

I admit that the clip in the Manning box made me think that.  But it's a lot to assume based on one snapshot of his face that he's unhappy about it.  Unless he actually says something like "damn, I really liked having one more than him" I am gonna forget about this one.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived