2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

Cam Newton please stop acting all Cam Newton'y.

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/carolina-panthers-cam-newton-sign-police-mike-dobs-110915

Cam tears down a $500 Packers sign at BoA Stadium, fan wants his sign or his money back.

"There's a Green Bay banner in Bank of America Stadium," Newton said. "That don't match. ... I feel it's my due diligence to protect this house. We played in Green Bay last year and I didn't see no 'Panther Country' signs in their stadium. You're not going to sell a Whopper at McDonald's."

Chris-Farley-Smile-to-Shock-Reaction.gif

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked at a print shop. Our banners were $2 a square foot. Even if he's included design costs (and he shouldn't because yuck), and grommets there is no way that is a $500 sign.

If that's a 3'x6' he should've paid no more than $50.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Probably went for the highest amount that he felt would just be accepted by Cam/the team so he could get a bit of a pay day. Either that or some company hosed him. Maybe the Packers should find out who printed it and go after them for making money off of their logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I agree with what Cam did 100%. I've been to enough games where opposing fans constantly annoy everyone with their signs, banners or stupid yellow towels. I think security/officials need to regulate what can and cannot be used/displayed at a game.

I agree with what Cam did 100%. I've been to enough games where opposing fans constantly annoy everyone with their signs, banners or stupid yellow towels. I think security/officials need to regulate what can and cannot be used/displayed at a game.

We did at Lincoln financial field. There were strict rules regarding signs and I had to pull a bunch of them. The worst was if you tried to affix it somehow either by string or duct tape or something.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Packers guy is in the wrong. You're already wearing Packers gear, and camo (which when paired with a sign that says "North Carolina Cheesehead" is redundant) and you're sitting in the front row. You don't also need a sign.

I'm of the opinion that fans of the opposing team should respect the space of the home team. It's like going to someone else's house and putting your feet on the furniture. It's why Penguins fans in Columbus have always bothered me. Everytime I've ever been a visiting fan I've always been the most well-behaved person in the stadium.

Maybe that's silly, but that's how I feel.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Normally I agree with that principle, but I fully encourage Blackhawks fans at Perds games to be as obnoxious as they want because Perds fans are big doofy crybabies and their incessant pouting that northerners drank alcohol and said bad words is like sustenance for me.

EDIT: Raiders fans should probably just do what they wanna do too. If some guy in a leather-covered skeleton costume were to just sit politely, that would be scary.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think a lot of it also depends on where the fans are coming from.

Pittsburgh and Cleveland fans coming to Cincy have always been obnoxious (Cleveland's calming down a bit)

But I went to the Panthers Bengals game last year and there were a few Panthers fans who were respectful and even high fived Bengals fans on some good plays

Recruit_Banner.png

^^ Free Football Player Sim League -- Click Here ^^

Archived