2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

10-6. WTF. Why should Romo even bother at this point?

Honestly, how this team plays. I'd consider it good to get even CLOSE to .500.

GET A COMPETENT BACKUP JERRY. Cassel and Weeden both suck a--. There's a reason why both were benchwarmers before coming to Dallas.

I would think at this point that even the most blindly loyal Cowboy fan has to admit it isn't just quarterback. Your teams has holes.

Very minor holes, aside from not having Romo.

With basically this current team, a Romo led offense had the Cowboys go 12-3 last year. In this losing streak, we've been competitive an had a lead every game except for the Patriot game. The major problem is that this offense just can't function with subpar QB's.

That's the only major hole the Cowboys have. We could use an upgrade at SS, DT1 and CB, but our defense isn't the problem. Sure they could be making more plays and committing less penalties (cannot stress that last bit enough), but this defense isn't the problem. Not when they've given up 13, 13, 20, and 10 points in the last four games. With Romo at the helm, that's plenty good enough.

I gotta say, that's a little hard to believe. There are lots of teams with horrific QBs in the league (Cleveland, St. Louis, S.F., etc...) and none of them have lost 7 in a row.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10-6. WTF. Why should Romo even bother at this point?

Honestly, how this team plays. I'd consider it good to get even CLOSE to .500.

GET A COMPETENT BACKUP JERRY. Cassel and Weeden both suck a--. There's a reason why both were benchwarmers before coming to Dallas.

I would think at this point that even the most blindly loyal Cowboy fan has to admit it isn't just quarterback. Your teams has holes.

Very minor holes, aside from not having Romo.

With basically this current team, a Romo led offense had the Cowboys go 12-3 last year. In this losing streak, we've been competitive an had a lead every game except for the Patriot game. The major problem is that this offense just can't function with subpar QB's.

That's the only major hole the Cowboys have. We could use an upgrade at SS, DT1 and CB, but our defense isn't the problem. Sure they could be making more plays and committing less penalties (cannot stress that last bit enough), but this defense isn't the problem. Not when they've given up 13, 13, 20, and 10 points in the last four games. With Romo at the helm, that's plenty good enough.

I gotta say, that's a little hard to believe. There are lots of teams with horrific QBs in the league (Cleveland, St. Louis, S.F., etc...) and none of them have lost 7 in a row.

The Steelers are just as banged up if not more and they aren't losing games like this. Hell the Cardinals last year were down to create-a-player quarterback because of QB injuries and managed to win games and make the playoffs. In 2003, the Cowboys made it to the playoffs with far less talent than whats on this team right now, a team mind you that trotted out Quincy Carter, Troy Hambrick and a team full of stiffs that are no longer in the league.

Five Super Bowl winning quarterbacks lost yesterday: P. Manning, E. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Flacco.

The only one that didn't lose, Tom Brady.

Russell Wilson as well.
Big Ben won as well, although he technically didn't start.

What a shame. Manning is one of the most talented QBs ever. It's sad to see him like this.

He looked a bit off in the second half of last season, especially their playoff game against the Colts. I believe I made the comment about Peyton looking like a beaten down, defeated old man.

Now he's had some good moments this season, but he's had a lot more bad, too. I've been a Peyton hater since the mid 90's, but even I don't like the way his career looks to be ending. I doubt he'll play next season. I question if he'll even return at all this season.

Archived