2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

Chip Kelly has lost the team, and he's crumbling in front of the media. It's so clear that he can't judge NFL talent, nor can he coach "adults".

They say a test of character is how you deal with adversity - well now we know.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anonymous Eagles (more than one) talking about how much of a heartless dog demarco Murray is and how slow and just bad he is. Now they're right, but this could get ugly. Chip is not going to want to (or know how to) deal with this - he's used to kids that he can just tell to shut up

He's gone after this season, maybe sooner. He'll be in college next year.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Getting a great turnover on the team that always beats you only to see it immediately nullified is a perfect encapsulation of being a Bills fan circa 2000-2015.

EDIT: I think Tyrod Taylor's nickname should be "Tool Time," because 1.) there hasn't been a good, dorky nickname in a while, 2.) his name almost sounds like Tim Taylor, and 3.) he's a multi-tool player.

If I had a line to Chris Berman, I bet he'd be all about it.

Another funny nickname would be T-Rod.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Getting a great turnover on the team that always beats you only to see it immediately nullified is a perfect encapsulation of being a Bills fan circa 2000-2015.

EDIT: I think Tyrod Taylor's nickname should be "Tool Time," because 1.) there hasn't been a good, dorky nickname in a while, 2.) his name almost sounds like Tim Taylor, and 3.) he's a multi-tool player.

If I had a line to Chris Berman, I bet he'd be all about it.

Another funny nickname would be T-Rod.

Well, if we had the old NFL Primetime and the Berman of 1990 around, he'd have had a field day.

Oy....good luck to ESPN selling football fans in watching next week's Ravens-Browns game on Monday night....

Yeah, excluding the Browns (because they're the Browns), many won't even recognize the Ravens' depleted roster.

The officiating was awful and Why keep the Bills from running a play while you announce the result - if you're going to announce something stop the clock until your done and then wind it.

Also, Patriots might have had a TD on the inadvertent whistle and then the whistle was blown while the ball was in the air which would have been replay of the previous down and the personal foul penalty on Ryan would have been nullified.

I wasn't rooting for any team more or less and I was screaming at the refs in the TV it was bad - not replacement refs bad, but not much better.

What's the rule there at the end? What do they mean he stayed in bounds? He fell to the ground, was untouched, and went out. Am I missing something?

It's cold. Everyone go home. They need to run the SportsCenter ads.

Pick one.

EDIT: It's going to be a riot when the NFL apologizes to the Bills tomorrow for the refs mismanaging the clock.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Patriots still are still undefeated, but the last two weeks have shown that they bleed.

And you know what they say about things that bleed?

That for one week per month, your loved one will be prone to extreme mood swings yet she swears she's being completely rational while being angry with you for the past hour because you haven't picked up on her nonexistent hints that she wants sweets, flowers and back rub?

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

10-0 is pretty sassy.

Bills are playing like they're auditioning to be Eagles. They should really chose a different bunch to emulate. Maybe the Bucs.

re. the final play, many online have mentioned his lack of forward progress... the clock will keep running if a player goes out of bounds in the reverse.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

What's the rule there at the end? What do they mean he stayed in bounds? He fell to the ground, was untouched, and went out. Am I missing something?

It's cold. Everyone go home. They need to run the SportsCenter ads.

Pick one.

EDIT: It's going to be a riot when the NFL apologizes to the Bills tomorrow for the refs mismanaging the clock.

The only official-related news is about the inadvertent whistle. It only matters if it hurts the more important team.

Sometimes I get the feeling that the unwritten rule in NFL and college is "when in doubt, let the game/half run out."

Admittedly, my first thought on the last play was "he fell in bounds; game's over." But this isn't college (which I watch a lot more of) and a few second later I thought "wait; he wasn't touched." I was working out listening to my Ipod and only seeing the action (not hearing commentary) but I had a sense that nobody was really questioning that last call. The Bills just trotted off the field. I think I saw an announcer mention on closed caption.

But what the hell? Were these Big Ten officials? Why would they get that wrong? I am not cynical enough to think they were cheating for the Pats. That would be dumb. The Bills would still have lost. But I am cynical enough to believe that if such a thing happened to the Patriots it would be all the talk in the sports media world today.

EDIT: I've been reading mixed takes on whether that call was correct. Some say because he was going backwards, the clock goes (i.e., "forward progress" I suppose). Others say forward progress is a non-issue if the backwards movement is not caused by an opponent.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived