2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Browns are the worst team in all of sports. I sincerely hope they get moved to Toronto or anywhere. Burn it all down and forget it ever happened.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Pettine should be gone after this. Hell, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place. When you're hired as the backup plan to the backup plan to the backup plan to coach a laughingstock you don't have the mandate to play the self righteous disciplinarian. Manziel was seen in a picture with a single beer on a bye week. There's no storied tradition that's been sullied with that dumpster fire.

VmWIn6B.png

10-0 is pretty sassy.

Bills are playing like they're auditioning to be Eagles. They should really chose a different bunch to emulate. Maybe the Bucs.

re. the final play, many online have mentioned his lack of forward progress... the clock will keep running if a player goes out of bounds in the reverse.

ONLY if he is forced out by the defense. If he does it on his own, the clock stops. The NCAA rule is what you're thinking of.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

The Browns are an embarrassment to the NFL.

I'm glad they are going to get blown out on Monday Night in front of an empty stadium. The league and fans in Cleveland deserve better.

I really wish there was a way for the NFL or NFLPA to punish the Browns front office for this move.

So today, reporters flat out laughed at "OC" Pat Shurmer's news conference, prompting him to get in to it with them about their constant "snickering" during his answers. OT Lane Johnson rips the fans for turning on the team 5 minutes in to the game, then goes on the radio to apologize, and is faced with a million questions for which his only answers were "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know..." (granted, he's a cornbread dumb hic, but he should still be able to handle himself on the air.)

This team is the very definition of a dumpster fire. It will soon come out who the anonymous player(s) were that called Demarco Murray soft and heartless, and then it all comes down.

They only have two really bad contracts (Demarco Murray and Byron Maxwell) that they will need to wait a couple of years to get out of, so they can still build a good team relatively quickly, provided the next GM can find a QB. I would have thought that it would be Chip trying to turn Kaepernick in to something, but I now feel it's 99% sure he doesn't come back, and for the first time, I think it's possible he doesn't finish the season ("mutual parting of ways", then he signs with USC or some other college.)

Between the types of guys that the Cowboys bring in, and the Washington Football Club's obvious issue, the only team worth rooting for in this division is the Giants, and then you're rooting for Eli Manning and some dummy who blew off half his hand. Oh, the NFC East. What you once were.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Apparently Ditka had Round Two last night. It's a questionable-sounding fart, but seeing Cris Carter laughing the way he did, plus Ditka kinda fidgeting around afterwards, looks like the Coach let another one slip out....

They serving chili before the show or something?

https://twitter.com/addair154/status/668936952805244929

The Browns are an embarrassment to the NFL.

I'm glad they are going to get blown out on Monday Night in front of an empty stadium. The league and fans in Cleveland deserve better.

I really wish there was a way for the NFL or NFLPA to punish the Browns front office for this move.

With all of the injuries to the Ravens, I think the Browns should, at the very least, be favored.

Rams WR Stedman Bailey was injured in a shooting and was wounded in his head and hip.

Some reports are saying it is very critical, others saying it is not considered life threatening.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/25/source-stedman-bailey-has-been-shot/

EDIT: Bailey seems to be in stable condition

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587765/article/rams-stedman-bailey-in-stable-condition-after-shooting

So today, reporters flat out laughed at "OC" Pat Shurmer's news conference, prompting him to get in to it with them about their constant "snickering" during his answers. OT Lane Johnson rips the fans for turning on the team 5 minutes in to the game, then goes on the radio to apologize, and is faced with a million questions for which his only answers were "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know..." (granted, he's a cornbread dumb hic, but he should still be able to handle himself on the air.)

This team is the very definition of a dumpster fire. It will soon come out who the anonymous player(s) were that called Demarco Murray soft and heartless, and then it all comes down.

They only have two really bad contracts (Demarco Murray and Byron Maxwell) that they will need to wait a couple of years to get out of, so they can still build a good team relatively quickly, provided the next GM can find a QB. I would have thought that it would be Chip trying to turn Kaepernick in to something, but I now feel it's 99% sure he doesn't come back, and for the first time, I think it's possible he doesn't finish the season ("mutual parting of ways", then he signs with USC or some other college.)

Between the types of guys that the Cowboys bring in, and the Washington Football Club's obvious issue, the only team worth rooting for in this division is the Giants, and then you're rooting for Eli Manning and some dummy who blew off half his hand. Oh, the NFC East. What you once were.

More drama...

"Agent for a starting player" has said that Chip has lost the team and they don't want to play for him due to his "bulls--- methods", and that one starting player is using an injury to stay out of the lineup because "Chip ain't worth playing hurt for". I'm struggling to figure out who that player is, but Jason peters is the one that comes to mind because there was a story that kelly wanted him to dress for a game two weeks ago and he refused.

I hope that there's some kind of confrontation on national TV between a player and coach on Thursday - at this point, I want to see just how bad this can get.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And to no one's surprise, the NFL admits it goofed on the Bills' final play Monday night.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14221062/dean-blandino-nfl-referees-blew-second-key-call-buffalo-bills-vs-new-england-patriots

We can all agree that the Bills were unlikely to convert a hail Mary. However, that doesn't mean we should all just give up and not let it happen. If that's the case, then we should just not play the games, right?

I know people get frustrated with NBA officiating, but I think those officials get it right the vast majority of time, especially when forced to review calls. Outside of Kobe punching Mike Bibby in the face, I can't think of a terrible, game-changing NBA call in the last 15 years. We can all think of several NFL blunders in the last 15 months.

Players punching their significant others is a huge problem, obviously. However, I don't have faith in the integrity of the NFL as a legitimate sporting contest. Their refs don't seem to consistently apply the rules and play a way outsized role in the outcomes of games than they ought to.

I know NFL bashing is the hot new thing, but I also think it's well earned. It's an exciting sport being ruined by garbage administration.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

And to no one's surprise, the NFL admits it goofed on the Bills' final play Monday night.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14221062/dean-blandino-nfl-referees-blew-second-key-call-buffalo-bills-vs-new-england-patriots

We can all agree that the Bills were unlikely to convert a hail Mary. However, that doesn't mean we should all just give up and not let it happen. If that's the case, then we should just not play the games, right?

I know people get frustrated with NBA officiating, but I think those officials get it right the vast majority of time, especially when forced to review calls. Outside of Kobe punching Mike Bibby in the face, I can't think of a terrible, game-changing NBA call in the last 15 years. We can all think of several NFL blunders in the last 15 months.

Players punching their significant others is a huge problem, obviously. However, I don't have faith in the integrity of the NFL as a legitimate sporting contest. Their refs don't seem to consistently apply the rules and play a way outsized role in the outcomes of games than they ought to.

I know NFL bashing is the hot new thing, but I also think it's well earned. It's an exciting sport being ruined by garbage administration.

Agreed. I was watching the Panthers/Washington game and was just taken out of the action by the refs sucking the momentum out of the game. Not from any one team (though they didn't do Washington any favours), just the game in general.

The NFL rulebook doesn't need to be tweaked. It needs to revamped. What constitutes a catch needs to be simplified and easily definable. What constitutes holding and pass interference also need to be more clearly defined.

Rams WR Stedman Bailey was injured in a shooting and was wounded in his head and hip.

Some reports are saying it is very critical, others saying it is not considered life threatening.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/25/source-stedman-bailey-has-been-shot/

EDIT: Bailey seems to be in stable condition

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587765/article/rams-stedman-bailey-in-stable-condition-after-shooting

Well :censored: if I was a Rams receiver not named Tavon Austin I might as well get shot in the head too.

/Seriously this is an awful season and I feel bad for Bailey.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I just hope he stays long enough to have an epic meltdown in front of the media. Something that ends up getting replayed over and over for years to come. Some guys just can't coach in certain places and are better in small college towns - he certainly qualifies.

Welp... it'll be fun seeing Chip Kelly back in the college game!

I wonder, does he have to start over at a smaller school now? Are there enough ADs out there willing to make him the face of their program? Probably I guess.

I don't think this reflects on his abilities as a college coach. He'll be able to choose any open job he wants once he gets to that point.

I just hope he stays long enough to have an epic meltdown in front of the media. Something that ends up getting replayed over and over for years to come. Some guys just can't coach in certain places and are better in small college towns - he certainly qualifies.

Welp... it'll be fun seeing Chip Kelly back in the college game!

I wonder, does he have to start over at a smaller school now? Are there enough ADs out there willing to make him the face of their program? Probably I guess.

I don't think this reflects on his abilities as a college coach. He'll be able to choose any open job he wants once he gets to that point.

This reminds me of someone who recently really wanted their team's coach to be fired.... Hmmm... Felt the coach couldn't get the job done... Fresh start... Hmmm...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/103521-201516-international-football/?p=2499053

Just read thru the next few pages and you'll understand.

spacer.png

Archived