buzzcut

2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

Meh. It was bound to happen at some point. Bether to lose now than in January. I was expecting a close game and they didn't disappoint. I'd rather have New England lose to a good team like Denver than a mid to low level team that they should beat (unlike the game in Cleveland a few years ago).

I don't gamble on sports, but I kind of feel for those that do, considering it's totally a coin flip anymore since referees can arbitrarily change the course of a game, and in some cases, a season. I'm not going to belabor this because the point has been made a thousand times, but it's a disgrace that so many little judgement calls have such a big impact, and that there's 40,000 rules you need to know in order to watch the game. "excess time out"?? I've been watching football since 1985 and don't recall ever hearing that one before. And it's not even a time out!!!

It shouldn't be any wonder why American football isnt really spreading around the world. How the hell is anyone supposed to even understand what they're watching? It's impossible to quickly learn, as opposed to soccer, which other than offsides, can be quickly grasped by anyone from even the least educated nations in the world.

I feel like "too many penalties" has been about the only complaint US sports fans have had about football going back to when I was first watching (a few years before you). And it seems even worse now, but I would be curious to know whether there are actually more now. Even if there are not, the impact may be greater as the game turns toward more passing and more restrictive rules on defense.

On every play that results in a first down now, I look for the yellow "flag" thing to pop up. And when it pops up late, it's very frustrating. Particularly if the replay shows a questionable call. There are probably a ton of things that ought to be done...a few rule simplifications, a few changes, etc. But given how pass-happy the league is, I really want to see pass interference and defensive holding be less punitive. For PI, maybe the college rule. At least teams won't gun the ball 45 yards down field and get a spot foul. And maybe no automatic first down for defensive holding. Five yards and play it again? I don't know but these are difficult calls and it seems like they are becoming huge game-changers.

Meh. It was bound to happen at some point. Bether to lose now than in January. I was expecting a close game and they didn't disappoint. I'd rather have New England lose to a good team like Denver than a mid to low level team that they should beat (unlike the game in Cleveland a few years ago).

19-0 isn't destined for teams with starters filling a hospital ward. I'd be more let down had the Patriots starters lost the game.

Somehow, I also feel like Carolina could've been enjoying the Patriots' undefeated slipstream (not least because Belichick & Brady had already done 16-0). Now the Panthers should realize they should not kill themselves for December, rather aim for February.

Thank goodness they lost. I'm in mobile, so I can't use a meme to express my joy. I will say this: it's. About. Time.

They'll probably still win the SB by piloting a drone into the NFC team's practices and recording footage, but at least they won't be 19-0.

I'm sure the Patriots' victory parade will be sure to wave as they pass by whatever golf course the Ravens will be playing on in February.

Another SNF game has been replaced. Instead of Seahawks-Ravens in Week 14, it's now Patriots-Texans.

Thank goodness they lost. I'm in mobile, so I can't use a meme to express my joy. I will say this: it's. About. Time.

They'll probably still win the SB by piloting a drone into the NFC team's practices and recording footage, but at least they won't be 19-0.

I'm sure the Patriots' victory parade will be sure to wave as they pass by whatever golf course the Ravens will be playing on in February.

I'm sure they will. Don't get me wrong, the Pats are the team to beat in the NFL. I still think they should be SB favorites.

That doesn't mean I have to like it.

Oh my God, Browns, there is no possible way you could have Brownsed this in a more Brownsy way than this one.

Of course this is how the Browns lose.

Oh my God, Cleveland. That was hilarious. Thanks for the belly laugh.

I'm glad the Browns exist for things like this.

I jokingly said earlier in the night how I thought the Browns were going to lose on a blocked field goal returned for a touchdown as time expired. I definitely got a few weird looks when it actually happened.

The Factory of Sadness strikes again.

This is why benching Manziel was so stupid. You're the G-ddamn Cleveland Browns. Your coach was your fifth options after even Josh McDaniels turned your clown college down. You're not even the original team! So stop with this "we're a storied franchise with a tradition to uphold, and Mr. Manziel TARNISHED that" nonsense. If you really cared? You wouldn't have replaced your uniforms with ideas fond on Nike's cutting room floor.

Burn the team to the ground. They offend me by their presence.

This is why benching Manziel was so stupid. You're the G-ddamn Cleveland Browns. Your coach was your fifth options after even Josh McDaniels turned your clown college down. You're not even the original team! So stop with this "we're a storied franchise with a tradition to uphold, and Mr. Manziel TARNISHED that" nonsense. If you really cared? You wouldn't have replaced your uniforms with ideas fond on Nike's cutting room floor.

Burn the team to the ground. They offend me by their presence.

Speaking of which, I couldn't read the numbers again.

They need to switch the orange/white on those brown jerseys pronto.

The Drive.

The Fumble.

The Move.

The Block.

The Laughs.

The Cleveland Browns.

I mean, is that franchise a miracle or what.

For every fan, across the planet, down on their sub .500 teams, their injured stars, their inability to sign top free agents... please, a little respect, for they are the Cleveland Browns, Lord of the Idiots.

e34ee463f73c1ebd80305b691343cdac72d3853d

The Ravens would be a game out of the last playoff spot if not for the Jags facemask/dropped INT

v084q.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker