2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan Fouts is a terrible analyst.

now I'm having flashbacks to MNF with Dan Fouts and Dennis Miller
Stop dissing Dan Fouts. He bloomed when he had to be PBP but is back to a lesser role.

And Beth Mowins was getting into form as preseason PBP for the Raiders. Beth is at the B/B- level of national PBP people. She takes gigs in the East Bay.

Dan Fouts is a terrible analyst.

now I'm having flashbacks to MNF with Dan Fouts and Dennis Miller
Stop dissing Dan Fouts. He bloomed when he had to be PBP but is back to a lesser role.

And Beth Mowins was getting into form as preseason PBP for the Raiders. Beth is at the B/B- level of national PBP people. She takes gigs in the East Bay.

Fouts, himself, I don't mind. But paired with Dennis Miller was bad to listen too. Which had more to do with Dennis Miller than it did with Fouts.

I wouldn't have minded him and Madden together.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Rivers signs a 4 year extension with the Chargers.

Thought he didn't want to play in LA?

Maybe he knows something we don't...

They told him, "You pack your ass up and move to LA with us, or we're gonna trade you to mother :censored: ing Buffalo!"

My Predicitons:

AFC North:

1.Steelers 12-4 (offense is going to be insane this year)

2.Bengals-10-6 (Meh. Put up or shut up for Dalton this year)

3.Ravens 9-7 (9 wins give or take, could win 12, could win 7)

4.Browns 5-11 (Bad QB play=Bad record)

AFC South:

1. Colts 13-3 (Revamped Offense, Defense still iffy but good enough to get 13 W's)

2.Texans 8-8 (Overall average team, besides Watt..)

3.Titans 7-9 (Mariota Shines, rest of team does not)

4.Jags 4-12 (Will they finally take a QB this year?)

AFC East:

1.Pats 12-4 (2-2 with Garrapolo, 10-2 with Brady)

2.Bills 10-6 (Could be last year cardinals, iffy QB's, good defense= solid year)

3. Dolphins 9-7 (Is Tannehill really worth that money?Most likely not after three 8-8 years)

4. Jets 6-10 (Do I have to explain?)

AFC West:

1. Broncos 11-5 (Manning's window is closing and a new coach doesn't improve that)

2.Chargers 10-6 (They have the ability to take the next step this year, but will end up disappointed after a 6-2 start)

3.Chiefs 10-6 (May very well be the team of 2 years ago, but fall short in tiebreakers to lose the wildcard)

4.Raiders 8-8 (More experience+Weapons for Carr)

NFC West:

1. Cardinals 12-4 (Palmer can stay healthy these cards will be on the same path as last year)

2.Seahawks 10-6 (Poor division play leads a third place finish in the tough west)

3.Rams 10-6 (Bold but true, New QB, Same D will be enough to get them over the hump)

4. Niners 6-10 (Repeat of last year minus Willis,Boreland, Crabtree,Iupati prove to hurt them too much.)

NFC East

1.Cowboys 11-5 (Like it or not, Murray will prove not to be a big loss for these boys)

2.Giants 9-7 (Strong WR Core will be tough to stop, could make playoff push)

3.Eagles 7-9 (No QB, SImple as that, unless Bradford is secretly Joe Montana)

4.Skins 3-13 (Its time for a new QB, Cody Kessler?)

NFC North

1.Packers 14-2 (Rodgers is on a mission after last years collapse)

2.Vikings 11-5 (Surprise team in the NFC expect the Vikes to make a late season run)

3.Lions 6-10 (Much like the bears, this team will go nowhere with its current defense, and QB :oops: )

4. Bears 5-11 (Is Cutler really your only option?)

NFC South

1.Saints 11-5 (Expect this team to come back strong after a poor 2014 season)

2.Panthers 8-8 (Same story as last year, minus the tie)

3.Falcons 5-11 (Offense can't win that many games, cmon, DEFENSE)

4. Bucs 5-11 (Winston will play well for this team, but lack of winning experience may hurt them)

PLAYOFFS: Winners Highlighted

AFC

Byes:

1.Colts

2.Steelers (Beat Garrapolo's pats week one)

Wildcard Round

#3 Pats Vs #6 Chargers

#4 Broncos Vs #5 Bengals (Manning's career could be ending sooner than expected)

Divisional Round

#1 Colts Vs #5 Bengals

#2 Steelers Vs #3 Pats (Steelers provide to be too much for the once dominant Pats)

AFC Championship

#1 Colts Vs #2 Steelers (Battle of great offense goes to the team with the better defense, Leads Pitt Back to SB)

NFC

Byes:

#1 Packers

#2 Cardinals

Wildcard Round

#3 Saints vs #6 Seahawks (Rematch of 2013 divisional round, same result)

#4 Cowboys Vs #5 Vikings (Minnesota continues the upset weekend as 3/4 lower seeds win)

Divisional Round

#1 Packers Vs #6 Seahawks (Packers can't get over last year, come out flat in loss to Seattle)

#2 Cardinals Vs #5 Vikings (The Vikings dream season comes to end as Cards win in fashion)

NFC Championship

#2 Cardinals Vs #6 Seahawks (Game #3 between these two provides an instant classic resulting in a 27-21 OT Cards win)

SUPER BOWL 50

#2 Cardinals Vs #2 Steelers (Bruce Arians Leads Cards to revenge in rematch of SB 43, 31-21)

PS:

I am an Arizona fan, but I would not put them in the super bowl if I did not truly think they can't get there!

a2BRS8U.png

My predicitions:

AFC East:

New England 12-4

Miami 8-8

Buffalo 7-9

NY Jets 3-13

AFC North

Baltimore 10-6

Cleveland 9-7

Pittsburgh 9-7

Cincinnati 8-8

AFC South

Indy 13-3

Houston 5-11

Tennessee 3-13

Jacksonville 3-13

AFC West

Kansas City 13-3

Denver 11-5

San Diego 9-7

Oakland 4-12

NFC East

Dallas 14-2

NYG 8-8

Philly 7-9

Washington 2-14

NFC North

Green Bay 12-4

Detroit 10-6

Chicago 7-9

Minnesota 5-11

NFC South

Carolina 14-2

Atlanta 8-8

New Orleans 6-10

Tampa Bay 6-10

NFC West

Arizona 13-3

Seattle 11-5

St. Louis 4-12

San Fran 3-13

*Playoff teams bolded

PLAYOFFS:

Wildcard

3 NE vs. 6 CLE- Not close, NE wins

4 BAL vs. 5 Denver- Denver wins close

3 Arizona vs. 6 Detroitl- ARI wins fairly easily

4 GB vs. 5 Seattle- SEA wins by slim margin

Divisional

1 Indy vs 3 NE- Indy gets revenge on NE

2 KC vs. 5 Denver- Denver defeats division rivals

1 Carolina vs. 3 Arizona- Carolina suffers from poor division, looses badly

2 Dallas vs. 5 Seattle- Dallas takes care of Seattle in OT

Conference Champ.

1 Indy vs. 5 Denver- Who needs Payton, Indy wins

3. Arizona vs. 2 Dallas- Arizona wins on last second FG

Super Bowl

1 Indy vs. 3 Arizona- Luck takes Colts to championship on MVP performance.

(yes, I am a Browns fan)

spacer.png

I dunno if it's only because the Bears are and have been abysmal for god knows how long, but I could really give a rat's ass about football.

Actually it's about way more than just the sorry-ass Bears:

• Everything the NFL does is this massive event. Nothing can just BE, it must be this enormous :censored: ing event that makes even the most mundane of crapass games a monstrous battle of wills where everything is on the line. Screw that.
  • The NFL is pushing way too hard to be the face of so many BS causes and novelty charity-esque nonsense. I hate that they devote an entire stupid month to breast cancer, I hate that they tie themselves so much to the military and this uber-patriotic crap. Just be about the game and blow the rest right out of your stupid asses.
  • Too much push toward making the game permanently prime time. Football was meant to be played at noon or early afternoon. ONE night game on Sunday and ONE night game on Monday, none of this Thursday stuff. Stop ruining this. You're ruining it. It was great already. STOP. STAAAPP
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I dunno if it's only because the Bears are and have been abysmal for god knows how long, but I could really give a rat's ass about football.

Actually it's about way more than just the sorry-ass Bears:

• Everything the NFL does is this massive event. Nothing can just BE, it must be this enormous :censored: ing event that makes even the most mundane of crapass games a monstrous battle of wills where everything is on the line. Screw that.
  • The NFL is pushing way too hard to be the face of so many BS causes and novelty charity-esque nonsense. I hate that they devote an entire stupid month to breast cancer, I hate that they tie themselves so much to the military and this uber-patriotic crap. Just be about the game and blow the rest right out of your stupid asses.
  • Too much push toward making the game permanently prime time. Football was meant to be played at noon or early afternoon. ONE night game on Sunday and ONE night game on Monday, none of this Thursday stuff. Stop ruining this. You're ruining it. It was great already. STOP. STAAAPP

This is happening to me too. These three bullets, particularly the first and third are having the opposite of the intended impact on me.

The first bullet is probably as much the fault of sports media and the "drooling over what the NFL will do next" sports fans. The NFL is the biggest story of almost every day of the year regardless of what time of year. It is in large part a response to how popular the NFL is and it seems most sports fans are OK with it. But it just causes NFL fatigue for me. The NFL itself is at fault for the 2nd and 3rd bullets. If I was otherwise happy, I would live with the second bullet as an annoyance; yeah, pink month is overdone, but I'd deal. And all sports have no choice but to be nationalistic or risk being accused of being un-American. But for a sport that has a legitimate survival threat in CTE, they are getting brazen with wanting an 18-game schedule (though that is kinda off the radar by now), short-rest games more often, teams all over the place, ect. And that is turning me off. I find myself cheering against the NFL because it's the big bad wolf.

Unfortunately I am alone. I just dropped my long-term fantasy football league because I am no longer competitive. The other nine guys all eat/sleep/drink the NFL and roll their eyes if you talk about Game 7 of the World Series. And that sounds about right; 90 of US sports fans love all the NFL exposure while 10% get burned out.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Warning: Massive idiot post ahead.

I also forgot to add how much I HATE fantasy football now. I absolutely loathe it. It is crammed down my throat at every turn, and the game, the actual living, breathing, bleeding game of football, is a means to an end for a lot of people who don't give a rat's ass about the players or the teams. All they want is to make sure that their collection of statistics is better than the other 9 jackasses for that particular week, all so they can win fifty bucks at the end of the year to blow on a miniature trophy that they will hopefully lodge deeply within the least pleasurable recesses of their colons.

The NFL adores fantasy football to the point I can see my skin swell and warp with the distention from how hard they face :censored: me with their fantasy-dicks. I don't care about your fantasy teams, nobody does. Nobody cares or should care. Those who participate in it are contributing to the ruination of what was a good sport.

Aside from the ways the NFL has made the game suck already, they are trying too hard to have it both ways. Football is a deadly activity in which mighty mountains of men endure enough brutality in 10 or fewer years that it would compare to a lifetime of head trauma sustained by roman gladiators, the only problem with that is that gladiators at least had the dignity to die gloriously in the golden moments of their fleeting lives. Instead we are treated to the league adjusting their collars at the latest suicide as a showcase of horror, promising to do better while sweeping another dead guy under the rug.

They'd be better off if they simply admitted the game is dangerous as hell, to the point of life and death, and that participants are going to be subjected to these things. Don't give me this crap about extra severe penalties and suspensions and fines for poor conduct. Stop meddling. Admit your game is a billion-dollar war games simulator, show your bloody hands proudly, and tell everyone to go to hell if they don't like it.

That way at least we'd all be square. Instead we're hit with this outright lying when another player beats his woman or child; we're forced to do this dog and pony show when a player commits manslaughter but is reformed and found Jesus; we're supposed to recognize what a GREAT bunch of people they have at the NFL who work so hard to give precisely $dick to profiteering breast cancer organizations and pandering to how America and Football are one in the same because #SupportTheTroops or Hey Remember That 911 Thing? Here's some soldiers, firefighters, and policemen. Footballllllllllll

I love football, but god dammit have they ruined the hell out of all of it, probably forever. Screw it. And screw the Bears for years of being a terrible team of hacks, dumbasses, and buffoons. You suck and you should feel terrible for what you've done to this historically mediocre franchise.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived