2020 Summer Olympics Logo

cajunaggie08

Having just noticed that the Sydney 2000 logo is someone doing rhythmic gymnastics but could also be a kookaburra, I think that is my new favorite.

I'm not getting the Tokyo one at all.

There is no kookaburra in there, it's boomerangs and the Sydney Opera house

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. It's too plain. They could've done so much more. My personal favorite is the Beijing logo from 2008, but that's just me.

I hope Beijing 2022's official logo will be stronger than their bid logo.

I think they have bigger issues with 2022 than coming up with a good logo. Like finding snow since the mountain that is hosting the downhill events looks like this in January/February...

screen%20shot%202015-06-02%20at%2010.28.

Meh. It's too plain. They could've done so much more. My personal favorite is the Beijing logo from 2008, but that's just me.

I think they have bigger issues with 2022 than coming up with a good logo. Like finding snow since the mountain that is hosting the downhill events looks like this in January/February...

Those would be the slowest downhill teams in Olympic history

Those would be the slowest downhill teams in Olympic history

I think we know which direction they need to go for the logo...

• 4 weeks later...

Beijing have already declared they'll be using fake snow for most if not all snow sports. It was in their bid package.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Beijing have already declared they'll be using fake snow for most if not all snow sports. It was in their bid package.

True, but they're receiving nothing but criticism for it. But then 2022 was so popular that only Beijing and Almaty, Kazakhstan bid on it. They couldn't even give away the 2022 games. That said I hope they have more luck finding that much fake snow and keeping it usable than the Qataris had with their magic air conditioned stadiums for the 2022 World Cup.

As for the Tokyo logo. Glad they've decided to change it. The plagiarized logo wasn't that great anyway.

• 7 months later...

Archived